No cheats 13 22.81%
Cheats 27 47.37%
Cheats once you have beaten the game 14 24.56%
Cheats once you have beaten the game x2 2 3.51%
Cheats once you have beaten the game x3 1 1.75%
Cheats once you have beaten the game more than x3 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Cheats
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-21-2006, 06:33 AM   #1
tbl1
Rookie

Cheats

Cheats should only be available once you have beaten the game a number of times. Do you agree?
tbl1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2006, 07:02 AM   #2
marvidchano

Location: Meditating In The Ancient Temple Of Exar Kun. Sutton in Ashfield. England
yes i also agree, but the ppl who have completed the game will put the cheats on sites to spoil the game..... but its not like someone is forcin u to use em.....

Eusaet Rifae | Bria Server

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?MarvidChano dO nOt Lo0k @ tHiS SiTe
---------------------------------------------------
Xbox live Gamertag: Dragon2Sword[/size]
marvidchano is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2006, 07:26 AM   #3
Reclaimer
Loves Keira Knightley.

Cheats should just be there, cause it's easy enough to mod your game to put cheats in (just edit a few files) So I say just let the cheat be there, cause no one is forcing you to use 'em.

philla は陰茎のハハのwat の名前をであるそのlmfao のゲイの名前吸う
Reclaimer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2006, 07:39 AM   #4
Busby06
Rookie

Cheats are there so people can go into the game and create mods, new skins etc... Its pretty much what a game needs. Plus its fun after you beat it like 100 times to use some cheats.

You can't stop a person cheating, its up to that person. If he/she wants to cheat, hell let them i don't care. Not ruining my game, only ruining theirs.
Busby06 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2006, 08:02 AM   #5
tbl1
Rookie

You can have an unlockable cheat mode which will only become available after you have beaten the game. It should be a reward. Also you can't edit the files (easily & w/ out a chip) on a xbox.
tbl1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2006, 11:51 AM   #6
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
It's a singleplayer game. Why would anyone care whether another person uses cheats or not?

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2006, 03:01 PM   #7
Darth333
Administraterror

I'm with Prime on that. It's a single player game so what do you care if your neighbor uses cheats?

I like to mod the game right out of the box and cheats are most useful. After beating the game once it's also fun just to mess out with cheats.

I don't quite see the point in removing the cheats from a single player game just because some people don't want to use them. Nothing forces you to use cheats: they're there, those who want to use cheat codes can and those who don't want to cheat can just ignore them.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2006, 03:42 PM   #8
Jeremia Skywalk
Rookie

LoL i think there should be cheats ONLY for the first time playing, lol not for me, i NEVER use cheats in RPG's. Especialy KOTOR in which i can create more or less perfect character.
Jeremia Skywalk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2006, 03:56 PM   #9
DarthBalls9
Rookie

why do people use cheats. it takes away the chalange in the game. if thay they use them it not fun. but i can under stand if you bet the game over and over.... and they wanted to try something new.
DarthBalls9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2006, 03:57 PM   #10
rouge_leader
Lurker

some cheats are good and some are bad like makeing ur player like a god but there are good ones like big heads u gotta love big heads
rouge_leader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2006, 01:07 AM   #11
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333
I'm with Prime on that. It's a single player game so what do you care if your neighbor uses cheats?

I like to mod the game right out of the box and cheats are most useful. After beating the game once it's also fun just to mess out with cheats.

I don't quite see the point in removing the cheats from a single player game just because some people don't want to use them. Nothing forces you to use cheats: they're there, those who want to use cheat codes can and those who don't want to cheat can just ignore them.
Quoted for emphasis.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 01:31 PM   #12
KingT
Lurker

I'm beat the game on both light and then on Dark before I even look for a cheat, But then ALL rules go out the window bring in the cheats mods etc.....
KingT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 02:51 PM   #13
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
I found Kotor 2 quit to easy to use cheats. if i would use cheats, i would use them to get the armors that you can;t get becuase of the f*cked up loot-system...I heared someone say there are actually quit some cool armors in the game, but you simple can't find them

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #14
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Cheats should be there from the start, whether you want to use them immediately, or only when you've already finished the game and are playing again is your choice (frankly I choose the latter).

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 03:33 PM   #15
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Some things are worth cheating on. Example would be swoop racing in kotor. As said its an RPG, so cheating on minigames won't spoil the game for you, just reduce frustration for the less agile players.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #16
woogiee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Some things are worth cheating on. Example would be swoop racing in kotor. As said its an RPG, so cheating on minigames won't spoil the game for you, just reduce frustration for the less agile players.
haha I totally agree, the swoop racing in KOTOR and TSl is very . I even downloaded the straight track mod
woogiee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 04:16 PM   #17
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Well, I don't. No pain, no gain. Try harder, swoop racing can be beaten in both games, I've done it, so can you.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 06:31 PM   #18
Jackel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333

Quoted for emphasis.
Double quoted for even more emphasis.

Cheats are also there for some people who may not game often and then when they do might get stuck on a part of the game they find to tough/fraustrating. If someone finds a part fraustrating they might give up on the game and arent likely to buy any sequals etc.
Jackel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 07:04 PM   #19
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
It's a singleplayer game. Why would anyone care whether another person uses cheats or not?
Quoted for emphasis.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 11:28 PM   #20
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I love playing the game with or without them. It's just a game, it's meant to be enjoyed. If you feel like you can't enjoy the game if you use cheats, then don't enable your cheats.

@igyman, I don't have the time or patience to spend learning how to beat the swoops normally, so I'm very happy with the swoop bike mods. All the glory, only a little work.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Cheats