lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor III ideas
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-19-2006, 12:49 PM   #41
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
I still have a thing against having a Hutt as an NPC. What is going to do, sit on you until you suffocate?

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2006, 10:35 PM   #42
Samurai DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster12
I still have a thing against having a Hutt as an NPC. What is going to do, sit on you until you suffocate?
LOL!!! Hutt Companion is a totally crappy idea. Really, it makes no sense, and plus, a Hutt would not join a party like yours, they have a very predetermined life in various ways, because of the strange nature of their species and society.
Samurai DD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 12:55 PM   #43
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Thank you. What did you do with your time, spend a few years in a Hutt society?

Old 01-20-2006, 02:28 PM   #44
kotor_freak
Rookie

Smile what about this?

hey i have just joined i was looking through all your comments and i agree that some are excellent and arent but i've came up with some ideas for kotor 3:

1 meet previous characters from kotor 1 and 2 (like the handmaiden or carth)
2 visit some more planets (corrursent maybe?)
3 more different kinds of spieces for your friends instead of most of them being human
4 new jedi council on a different planet
5 (i'm not sure about this one) be able to take about 3 friends with you instead of 2

i dont know if any of them are good but itas just a thought.
kotor_freak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 02:43 PM   #45
Godrin
Lurker

There was a Hutt Jedi you know. I would think that if the game follows the Exile or Revan, then it would take place in the Unknown Regions and therefore would have lots of new planets. I personally have no desire to return to any of the planets already used.
Godrin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 02:54 PM   #46
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I have an idea for KOTORIII. At wherever the Jedi Council will be set (Courscant or Dantooine), you should be able to duel against Jedi Students, like when you fight the Handmaidens on Telos and as you get better you fight Jedi Masters and after each battle in the duel, you learn new Force Powers.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 05:39 PM   #47
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Sounds good but don't you get powers as you gain experience throughout the game? How about this Pottsie, you gain special powers learned from the masters kind of like when you learn the lighsaber forms in TSL?

Old 01-20-2006, 07:16 PM   #48
Godrin
Lurker

I have been searching and finally found the Hutt Jedi I mentioned earlier. Go here to see.
Godrin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 07:20 PM   #49
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster12
Sounds good but don't you get powers as you gain experience throughout the game? How about this Pottsie, you gain special powers learned from the masters kind of like when you learn the lighsaber forms in TSL?
You know what JediMaster12, that sounds even better than my previous idea. I did have another idea but forgot it. Why would you need Lightsaber Forms? I never bothered using them. Did anyone use them?
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 07:53 PM   #50
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

I used them in TSL especially the Makashi against Sion and Kreia/Traya. I found it affective in reducing the damage taken and increasing hit bonus.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:47 PM   #51
GrandMaster
Rookie

KOTOR3???

I know this might sound a bit stupid but i found the gameplay on KOTOR1 alot better than TSL!! (Maybe because it was well finished and not rushed???) It just seemd to have much more going on!!! ie side quests etc. Whoever produces KOTOR3, IMO should definately include Coruscant, alien npcs and pcs (personally i would like to play as different races!!) and like many people have said multi-racer swoop bikes, also more mini games like flying the ebon hawk (which should remain, as should T3 for reasons previously stated in thread!!). But overall i think whoever creates the third installment needs to totally finish it without rush, to make it as varied a game as possible so it can be played time and time again, unlike TSL personnally a couple of times through and not finding anything new!!!! whearas KOTOR1 i can play time and time again with much enjoyment!!! just my opinion, they are both awesome games though and i just hope KOTOR3 can live up to the expectations that evryone has!!!

GrandMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2006, 12:28 AM   #52
Darth Windu
TSLRP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godrin
I have been searching and finally found the Hutt Jedi I mentioned earlier. Go here to see.
That is quite possibly the most ridiculous Star Wars-related thing I have ever seen.

Dark Lord of the Purists

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
Darth Windu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2006, 08:37 AM   #53
pokejedi123
Rookie

the ideas are good but 2 double lightsabers,oh come on you had to be grievious then

and the stunned part ok agreeing but when your in front a enemy you should do it like in ja:knock the enemy down with your feet

pokejedi123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2006, 04:58 PM   #54
Lurker

i think that combining saber colours means like mixing colours on contact.Say if two sabers locked one blue and one yellow would turn too green on the locked area you
get the idea

Last edited by 9981022; 01-21-2006 at 05:37 PM. Reason: inccorect
9981022 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2006, 05:21 PM   #55
Lurker

What could be a story is somthing to do with Mira.Kriea said at (at the end of KOTOR 2) that she dies saving a planet well you could play as her or someone you customise who is involved with that campaign.You could be fighting against the Exile or Revan if Mira is saving an outer rim planet or you
could be Exile or Revan.

Actions still change or keep position of the force and position of force still decides the ending.MIRA STILL DIES WATEVER ENDING OR POSITION IN FORCE!!

Of course Mira will now be a jedi and if she goes dark she could die saving the planet after taking it over. free to comment

Mod Edit: Please don't double post, if you have something to add then edit your previous post, thanks! -RH

Last edited by RedHawke; 01-22-2006 at 02:35 AM.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:51 PM   #56
Darth Windu
TSLRP Beta Tester

Uh, no. Kreia says that Mira will die saving people, not a planet.

Dark Lord of the Purists

Old 01-22-2006, 12:04 AM   #57
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

That's right and that she will have no regrets over her choices. Maybe it might be seen in KOTOR III who knows?

Old 01-22-2006, 01:52 PM   #58
Lurker

in the xbox version the diciple never tells you what happend in Exar-Kuns tomb on
Dxun? Well he didn't tell me anyway.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:05 PM   #59
Darth Windu
TSLRP Beta Tester

What? Exar Kun doesn't have a tomb on Dxun, it's the tomb of Freedon Nadd.

Dark Lord of the Purists

Old 01-23-2006, 12:30 PM   #60
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

That's right. As to the Disciple telling you about what happened, it's damned annoying, pardon me, that I couldn't get anything more out of him but I move on and play again.

Old 06-10-2006, 12:20 AM   #61
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakinSolaris
Why don't they set it 100 years after Episode VI and call it "Star Wars: Knights of the NEW Republic" instead?
Knights of the New Republic, eh? Apparently you weren't the only one who had this idea...

Has anyone read this 1UP.com interview with Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart from August 2004?
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3134032
Quote:
1UP: Is Obsidian looking at any other their past franchises to pick up, or do you have a full plate right now?

Urquhart: Right now we're pretty full-plate, but KOTOR II is about to wrap up, so we're looking for something else. There've been some big changes at LucasArts recently, so right now we're kind of in a state of flux over whether we'll work with them some more or not. Certainly we'd love to do a KOTOR III if they were interested in one. We've also been trying to talk LucasArts into the idea of making a Knights of the New Republic. That would be really cool; you could have cameos and everything. It's only been a year, essentially, between the two KOTORs, and I think it'll be important to do something new with the series.
EDIT:
But this game's acronymn would be KotNR {kot nur}. Doesn't roll off the tongue quite as nicely as KotOR, does it?

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Last edited by cutmeister; 06-10-2006 at 01:59 AM. Reason: added comment
Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Kotor III ideas