lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Plot hole, maybe? (spoilers)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-04-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
Rain Woman
Rookie

Plot hole, maybe? (spoilers)

While replaying Psychonauts recently, I noticed something odd. During Telekinesis training, when Raz explains to Ford why his father hates psychics, he adds, "The weird thing is, I'm pretty sure he's [his father's] psychic himself." So Raz already knew that his father was psychic that early in the game?

But much later, when Raz's dad tells him, "I used my psychic connection with you to find you," note Raz's (nonverbal) reaction. It seems that he was supposed to NOT know yet at that point.

Anyone else notice this? And by the way, when WAS the last time someone created a topic with actual spoilers in it, anyway?

"This makes me feel like I'm back in high school, which is weird because I'm only ten."
Rain Woman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2006, 03:11 PM   #2
Smon
Bizarro

Current Game: Payday 2
Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Actually he thinks he's a psychic, so I'm sure a "I knew it!" would've been suitable, I don't think it was a plothole.

I'm done putting links in my signature because every time I do it just links to some old crap I've long since stopped updating.
Smon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2006, 03:14 PM   #3
darlimondoll
Rookie

Maybe he was suprised that he actually used his psychic abilities..or maybe he didn't think they had a psychic connection cause he thought his dad hated him.
darlimondoll is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2006, 06:05 AM   #4
pyrohappygirl
Forumite

Mmhm. I agree about that. The latter I mean. And by the way, I like your avvie darlimondoll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ave
With that, pyrohappygirl becomes about 100 times better than Darth_Ave, who is about 100 times better than Shakespeare. So you're like 100,000 times better than Shakespeare, but only a mere 100 times better than me.
Hear that? I'm BETTER THAN SHAKESPEARE!

"I Miss You... Miss You So Bad..."
pyrohappygirl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #5
Mashi An'krekku
Forumite

MEGAN?!
OH MY GOD MEGAN!
I LOVE YOU MEGAN!

...As for the plot hole thing...uhh, yeah. But maybe do you think in Raz's "rarararhate" phase that lasted well until the end of the game that he THOUGHT that his dad wasn't psychic until the complete realization after they beat fake dad?
D...did that question make sense at all?

Mashi An'krekku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2006, 10:55 PM   #6
darlimondoll
Rookie

MASHIIII.
Hey man.
darlimondoll is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 01:07 PM   #7
DarthAve
Yeezy

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Aww, friendliness.

That's so not a plot hole. Raz is just kinda freaked out tohear his dad say he had no problem with psychics. That they were cool like dat.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2006, 08:50 PM   #8
PurpleMuffin
Rookie

I think it wasn't a plot hole.. I mean. He said he thought his dad was psychic but he wasn't sure

and even if he was sure he might have been shocked that his dad actually used his powers after all the psycic bashing he did!
PurpleMuffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2006, 12:23 AM   #9
Jintor
Rookie

The real plot hole is the fact that Thorny Towers closed down 55 years ago, and that Fred was, apparently, an orderly there.

Although this can be explained away by, hypothetically, Loboto taking mental patients and keeping them there for no reason. And Fred could've been an orderly someplace else.
Jintor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2006, 01:27 AM   #10
pyrohappygirl
Forumite

Yeah... But Crispin too? BIG plot hole right there folks.

Quote:
With that, pyrohappygirl becomes about 100 times better than Darth_Ave, who is about 100 times better than Shakespeare. So you're like 100,000 times better than Shakespeare, but only a mere 100 times better than me.

Old 06-12-2006, 02:13 AM   #11
PurpleMuffin
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrohappygirl
Yeah... But Crispin too? BIG plot hole right there folks.
I dunno. From what I saw from the game I think he was never really an orderly at the asylum...I think Loboto just needed someone to guard the door and he seemed like he could do the best job and not get distracted..

I dunno, I think they were just grabbed from some other asylum somewhere...Crispin too. I bet Fred was already insane when he got him
PurpleMuffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2006, 09:01 AM   #12
Jintor
Rookie

Also, the Psitanium meteorite crashed only 500 years ago, but apparently (according to the treasure hunt stuff) there were levitating psychic velociraptors. SCAREY!

I love the scavenger hunt descriptions. So funky >>
Jintor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2006, 01:32 AM   #13
pyrohappygirl
Forumite

Yeah... TREASURE HUNT THINGUMMYJIGS ROCK MY SOCKS!

Quote:

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Psychonauts Discussion at Razputin's Domain > Razputin's Domain Forums > Whispering Rock Lakeside Chat > Plot hole, maybe? (spoilers)