lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Does anyone know how to activate the free roam camera on the PC?
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-10-2006, 09:16 PM   #1
Joe89
Rookie

Does anyone know how to activate the free roam camera on the PC?

You know, where you do a series of button presses (it is Y, Left, A, Y), and the dialogue says "Punch it, Chewie!", and you can seperate the camera from your body and move it around the area. Well, how do I activate this feature in the PC version? I haven't been able to find out how to do it. Thanks in advance.
Joe89 is offline   you may:
Old 06-11-2006, 06:26 PM   #2
Joe89
Rookie

Damn. I guess no one knows.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:05 AM   #3
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Joe89, please refrain from 'bumping' topics, that is posting in them to get it to the top of the forum, if someone knows about your issue they will post it, but this isn't IM and everyone doesn't come here every day. Thanks.

Also not every feature that one game version has is present in the other game version. I have never heard of a free roaming camera on the PC version of the games.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may:
Old 06-12-2006, 01:20 AM   #4
Soogz
Forumite

Current Game: Fifa 09
I think the closest you can get is that if you right click your mouse and look around. That sometimes works for me, other times it doesn't, for some reason... It's worth a shot though.

Soogz is offline   you may:
Old 06-12-2006, 12:49 PM   #5
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
IIRC, you have to old down Ctrl (or maybe it's Shift...could be Caps Lock...or even Tab). Does beg the question: Why are you asking online rather than checking the manual that came with the game? I know it's listed there.

Also, I think you have to hold both mouse buttons to get free look via that route.

This is all extremely foggy as my brain is currently programmed for Morrowind controls
Achilles is offline   you may:
Old 06-13-2006, 11:31 PM   #6
Joe89
Rookie

I don't have a manual. Why? Because I didn't buy the game, I used Bittorrent. And even if I did have a manual, it wouldn't tell me. It didn't in the first Knights of the Old Republic.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:37 PM   #7
Raven_Onasi
Rookie

I know that if you hit the CapLock key you can look around without see the character. But I don't know anything pass that.

Life is pain, highness, anyone who says differently is selling something. ~ Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride)

Pain is really the only reliable means by which truth may be obtained. Or so I choose to believe. ~HK-47

I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent – usually from warriors. ~ Carth
Raven_Onasi is offline   you may:
Old 06-14-2006, 01:19 AM   #8
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe89
I don't have a manual. Why? Because I didn't buy the game, I used Bittorrent.
Then this thread is over...

Sorry Joe89 but please go and purchase a 'legal' copy of the game. LF does not support software piracy.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > Does anyone know how to activate the free roam camera on the PC?