lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: NSA wiretaps?
Opposed to 66 54.10%
In favor of 13 10.66%
What does option #1 have to hide? 43 35.25%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: NSA wiretaps?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-05-2006, 04:25 PM   #41
matt--
Network Un-exploder

LFN Staff Member Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtan_Loor
you should read the book "Natural Cures 'They' Don't Want You To Know About" by Kevin Trudeau
You should give myself and other readers the basic concept and an short overview of said ideas from said book if you want such an incredible accusation to be taken seriously. That's just good debating.

Having skimmed the wikipedia entry on Kevin Trudeau, I gather that he's an infomercial celebrity in the areas of 'health aids, dietary supplements (coral calcium), real estate investment strategies, and memory-improvement courses'. I wouldn't put all that much stock in anything in his book unless he made some damn fine points. I would sooner believe that he's trying to sell some of his related products.

Also, Mr. Trudeau accuses the pharmaceutical industry of suppressing natural cures - not the government of the United States. It stands to reason that this would not be possible without the assistance of the FDA and the FTC at the very least, but that is only speculation and, as is the case of the original comment, has yet to be substantiated.

Edit: found this part of the wiki entry particularly relevant:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Critics of Trudeau point to his established criminal history and warn buyers to be wary of his advice. He has been called a confidence trickster, and a deceptive marketer, and has been called the epitome of the snake oil salesman, quack, or charlatan. Nevertheless, Trudeau's commercials have been quite successful since Natural Cures was listed in September 2005 by the New York Times as the number one selling current nonfiction book in the United States; despite the fact that the New York Consumer Protection Board was warning consumers that the book (first edition) "does not contain the 'natural cures' for cancer and other diseases that Trudeau is promising."

LFNetwork and LucasForums.com
matt at lfnetwork dot com
matt-- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #42
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Also watch out for Matthew Lesko aka. Question mark jerk
He plays it free and easy with the truth
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #43
Kirtan_Loor
Rookie

@matt--

just read the book, you can get it for 15 bucks at walmart or sams club.

once your done reading it i might listen to you.

Kirtan_Loor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2006, 01:43 PM   #44
matt--
Network Un-exploder

LFN Staff Member Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtan_Loor
@matt--

just read the book, you can get it for 15 bucks at walmart or sams club.

once your done reading it i might listen to you.
Considering the list of allegations against it's author, I will forego purchasing it.

I'm not particularly interested in getting you to listen, I was just discrediting your example.

LFNetwork and LucasForums.com
matt at lfnetwork dot com
matt-- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2006, 01:32 AM   #45
Kirtan_Loor
Rookie

you have no ability to discredit my source due to the fact that you are only seeing one side of the story. in order to have the ability to discredit my source you must fully comprehend both sides of the story. if you don't want to buy the book then just borrow it from someone you know has it. once you read it i don't care if you decide to discredit it, just read it first. also, wikipedia is a horrible source for facts. a kid at my school almost got sued for putting false info on wiki, and if a high school teen can put whatever they want on wiki, then anyone can.

i'm just saying that before you try to discredit someone, you should fully comprehend their point of view.

Kirtan_Loor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2006, 03:03 AM   #46
Rust_Lord
Rookie

Kevin Trudeau is as dodgy as they come. Whoever recommends him must only do so because they are off their face prolly on whatever crap he is recommending them will 'change their lives', 'improve their memory' etc. This is a guy banned from doing infomercials, has numerous lawsuits against him and is found on sites such as Quackwatch.....yeah *real* reputable.

As far as wire taps go, dont you guys have a Bill of Rights to protect you from such things? What about the land of the free and all that? Now you cant even make a phone call without potentially having someone listen in. I know that sounds extreme but its entirely different from law enforcement where someone is under suspicion, you apply for a warrant based on the info you have and on the strength of that info you get permission to breach a persons right to privacy. This is far more vague and therefore open to abuse. They have to justify their actions you say; its easy to justify anything and if caught out, well just blame dodgy intel. And if you have a body watching the watchers, who is going to watch them, because at the end of the day, they are still a government body too. You guys in the US have fought long and hard for your freedoms and way of life and now your own politicians are proving to be your worst enemy. I hope this power does not see the light of day because a sad day it will be indeed.

Last edited by Rust_Lord; 06-14-2006 at 03:16 AM.
Rust_Lord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > LucasForums Poll > NSA wiretaps?