lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Do you want KOTOR 3 to be a longer game?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #81
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Current Game: Skyrim
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Greg
SO SHUT UP ABOUT IT!!!!!
Not necessary.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2006, 02:49 PM   #82
Henz

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaffSaberist
Heh. They'd have to make the Jedi inexplicably come back and thrive again. But what fun would there be in that? Either you help restore the Jedi or you just crush them again. Sounds like K1 and K2 combined...
I never mentioned Jedi. Who knows what has happened to the temple since the Jedi were slaughtered? That place just looks cool and could be explored. I only said about the temple cos' I rather be at that one than the dantooine one again. Bastilla could coincedentally be visiting there for some reason too. And interesting plot points could be discovered in the achieves or survailence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Greg
Mustafar, you will probably go to because of the HK-47 plot, but i cant see anything you could realy do there, unless it is a hide out for the true sith, which is a possiblity.
I dunno why, but I always thought it could be home to a cool new crystal cave. Maybe just because I really don't want ot see dantooine again.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2006, 11:10 AM   #83
Manny C

In the case of a game as great as kotor, the longer the better...within reason. If they can maintain the game's quality throughout, hells yeah, if not, then no. That's all it boils down to
Manny C is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2006, 08:40 PM   #84
ch0g0nda
Rookie

I havn't read the whole thread (there are a lot of posts) so excuse me if I'm repeating what someone else has already posted... But.

If the game is the regular 30-50hr formula I'd like to see some kind of reward for replaying it. Or some extra quest (not just LS vs. DS) thingy perhaps. Hell, even just some extra costume for the PC would be nice (like you got in Metal Gear Solid on PS if you played it a third time).
ch0g0nda is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2006, 11:32 PM   #85
DarthZayne
Rookie

i wish they will put more time in the stablility of the game not like kotor 2 whos so unstable .

kotor 1 was alright , but kotor 2 is a mess keep crashing , plenty of bugs . and horrible frame rate , i have more frame rate playing oblivion that kotor 2.
DarthZayne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2006, 04:30 PM   #86
KyleOfHarpenden
Rookie

well usually if its a longer game u kinda lose heart like half way through then come back in a couple of years lol
KyleOfHarpenden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2006, 05:14 PM   #87
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: MGR Revengeance (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I already said some time ago that KOTOR 3 should definitely be longer, what I want to say now is - I just don't unnderstand why everyone is so convinced that the Jedi were exterminated in TSL, that is not true. Just because the academy on Dantooine is destroyed and those four masters (counting Atris) dead doesn't mean the entire order is destroyed. There are a lot of them who are in hiding, the Jedi Masters said so themselves. This is why I'm representing a completely different view of KoTOR 3, I'm expecting to see the renewed Jedi Order in their temple on Coruscant, lead most likely by Bastila and a few other Jedi party members from the previous two games. In this version of events your task will be to find the True Sith, either because you're in the role of Revan again (I hope this will be the case), or because you are a new character looking for Revan, or the Ebon Hawk for some reason.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2006, 11:04 PM   #88
Sanctuary
Rookie

I absolutely want it to be longer.
The KOTOR style is all I'll play anymore.
I'd like nearly ten planets, with possible expansion planets for later download.
Sanctuary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2006, 01:26 AM   #89
milo
[]D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]

Yes, definitely longer, just so long as it's good. I don't think anybody wants a bunch of "fluff n stuff" as chainz puts it. I mean, I'd rather have a short storyline that's pure gold than a really long one with lots of filler.

"I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now,
Even though you broke my heart and killed me.
And tore me to pieces...
And threw every piece into a fire.
As I burned, it hurt because
I was so happy for you." - GLaDOS
milo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2006, 06:51 AM   #90
Curse
Lurker

You know, third time's the charm, maybe we get another planet in K3!

And yes, the game should be just a tad longer, maybe with more playable areas, i don't know....we'll see though, when the time comes!
Curse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #91
bobogarcia
Rookie

K2 felt a little "recycled" with 2 of the same planets (korriban was a letdown BTW) so i would like planets such as Corellia or Kuat

list of star wars planets: http://www.answers.com/topic/raxus-prime

I find your lack of faith disturbing
I did it all for the Wookie
=

bobogarcia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2006, 08:00 AM   #92
Browny11uk
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQel-Droma
Basically, how long do you want KOTOR 3 to be? Do you want it to be the same format and length as the other two (around 7 planets), or do you want it to be a lot longer since it is the end of the trilogy?
What do you mean the end of the trilogy? The thing is how do you know is going to be a trilogy why not a quad or maybe just 2 becasue it gave you answers on 2 i think they have finshed the Kotor games anyways i wish they havntt but the truth is there is no flipping turth of a Kotor 3
Browny11uk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2006, 11:32 AM   #93
Darth Manus
Rookie

The longer the better. But no cut content or rushed ending, thank you very much.

One thing that fools will never understand is that only a weakling lets the darkness control him. A mix of light and darkness is a powerful thing. Volatile, yes, but also unexpected, and thus even more dangerous.
Darth Manus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #94
90SK

It seems like there's always another planet planned, and then cut. It's practically like a ritual. So, what I want is no planets cut (which would subsequently make the game longer). That, and perhaps a more in-depth end sequence. Both with KotOR I and II the final level has just been hack and slash. So maybe 45-55 hours total?

The downside to having a longer game is that it takes longer to make. I don't think a KotOR sequel coming out in 2008, 2009 would be appealing to anyone.

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2006, 03:14 PM   #95
Maser Splinter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
It seems like there's always another planet planned, and then cut. It's practically like a ritual. So, what I want is no planets cut (which would subsequently make the game longer). That, and perhaps a more in-depth end sequence. Both with KotOR I and II the final level has just been hack and slash. So maybe 45-55 hours total?

The downside to having a longer game is that it takes longer to make. I don't think a KotOR sequel coming out in 2008, 2009 would be appealing to anyone.
Yeah, 2008 would be a bit much. But hey, I'd take a 2008 release with a good ending over a 2007 release with an ending like TSL =\
Maser Splinter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2006, 10:14 PM   #96
Darth Manus
Rookie

It gets tiresome. Rushing a release and just butchering the content isn't what I'd call a good way to make games.

One thing that fools will never understand is that only a weakling lets the darkness control him. A mix of light and darkness is a powerful thing. Volatile, yes, but also unexpected, and thus even more dangerous.
Darth Manus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2006, 07:39 AM   #97
Browny11uk
Rookie

It should be defintley longer, I always think the game should go on so like on kotor one you can become a sith lord & then thats it. I ALWAYS WANTEED TO CARRY ON!
Browny11uk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2006, 01:49 PM   #98
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: MGR Revengeance (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maser Splinter
Yeah, 2008 would be a bit much. But hey, I'd take a 2008 release with a good ending over a 2007 release with an ending like TSL =\
Same here!

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2006, 11:30 PM   #99
warhero1
Lurker

I think kotor 3 should be longer plus i also think that reven should return from beyond the outer rim . After all it was reven who started it all so maybe he should return to finish it ( with new items and powers ofcourse ) learned from the true sith masters as he killed them all with the exile. It would answer alot of unanswered questions

YODA IS MY GRAN
warhero1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2006, 05:40 AM   #100
Canderous_ordo1
Rookie

i would think it would probley be good to have about 14 or 19 planets and possibley a trip to anthor system outside repblic space amd way way more badies and a tricker end with all the party members from kotor 1 and 2 and a lot more people and a bigger ship

IM HERE IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT

A TRUE WARRIOR IS ONE THAT CAN BEAT IT DOWN EVERY TIME IT RAISES ITS HEAD
Canderous_ordo1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2006, 06:40 PM   #101
Batono
Rookie

I believe the game should be longer wiht two more planets at least. And I would also prefer the story of the planets to be related to each other so you have to be coming and going between planets making the story longer and more interesting and exiciting.
Batono is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2006, 04:39 PM   #102
BannanaQ
Lurker

60 hours of the basic storyline quest should be fine...and 20 hours of side quest would be good too with all of the planets in the outer rim

KOTOR got me into Star Wars...only saw 1 movie...Ep. 3 didn't like it
BannanaQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2006, 08:20 AM   #103
reven0123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoRRoX
I usually finish the KOTOR games in about 40 hours. Maybe some hours more, but if it is to long, then the story will be to lengthy.

So i would say a planet more
i want the thrid one to be a hell of a lot longer i can do the game in less than 24 hours at a push but it normally takes me about 27 hours to complete and thats me doing every single last thing in the game it took me 60hrs plus to complete rpgs like the finalfantasy seris and a classic called legend of dragoon i think thats the problem with rpgs for next gen consoles the blind us with exellent game play and graphics (these first 2 arent nesecerilly bad things) but length detail and story dont seem to be that high a priority for them and it takes you 40hrs to complete it what takes you so long im not having a go because if ive missed something in the game please tell me even though ive got the official walk through guidebook as helper.
reven0123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2006, 01:16 PM   #104
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

I'd rather a really good story than a really long story.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:38 AM   #105
reven0123
Rookie

i agree with that but generally good stories are long.
reven0123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2006, 06:52 AM   #106
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Oh, I hope it's a longer game. I would love it if it took on average to finish it in like 50 hours. I average around 9-10 hours to finish K1, and 12-13 hours to finish K2. As long as it is a very good story.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2006, 10:56 AM   #107
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
Oh, I hope it's a longer game. I would love it if it took on average to finish it in like 50 hours. I average around 9-10 hours to finish K1, and 12-13 hours to finish K2. As long as it is a very good story.
Wow, did you do anything in the game?

Old 06-15-2006, 11:35 AM   #108
darklord_malak
Rookie

i agree there are so many planets and species that get mixed into the plot and give a better and longer game. i want so many planets and cool plantes not just boring ones like manaan!!!! i want to go to iridonia!!!!!!(Darth Maul)

i was thinking what if was going to happen and not only the end of the triology, but a setup for another!!!

just imagine

[All Hail Lord Revan]

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-15-2006 at 11:03 PM.
darklord_malak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2006, 03:03 PM   #109
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Bigger and better, SVP.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2006, 04:28 PM   #110
Calavera
Rookie

I Whould certainly like Kotor3 to be longer..

I've heard rumors the release is Late 2006 or Early 2007 but Most likely Late 2007 or early 2008
Calavera is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2006, 04:45 PM   #111
Lord Foley

The longer the better. If the game goes on and on and on, when you finally reach the climax, it will be that much more intense... that much more worth it...

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2006, 09:00 PM   #112
Revan435
Rookie

they should make kotor 3 crazy long like super long. should be an rpg game like (in length) Oblivion or final fantasy where it takes for ever to beat but the game play should be just like kotor 1
Revan435 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2006, 10:26 PM   #113
Lord Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan435
they should make kotor 3 crazy long like super long. should be an rpg game like (in length) Oblivion or final fantasy where it takes for ever to beat but the game play should be just like kotor 1
Oh, come now. Surely they can increase the gameplay more. I really loved the additions in KotOR II. What I'm hoping for in KotOR III is that the different lightsaber forms make you actually stand differently when entering/in combat.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Do you want KOTOR 3 to be a longer game?