lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Modding Your XBox
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2006, 10:07 AM   #1
mjpb3
Forumite

Lightbulb Modding Your XBox

=================================================

WARNING: modding your xbox will VOID YOUR WARRANTY and may lead to the CANCELLATION OF YOUR XBOX LIVE ACCOUNT if you attempt to connect to xbox live with a modded xbox.

=================================================

I am still (amazingly) seeing a lot of folks asking about modding their XBox, so I wanted to add some links in one thread so everyone will be able to find them without making a hundred posts, especially in areas that have nothing to do with the XBox versions of the games.

And for the record, you DO NOT need a modchip to mod your XBox. You can do what is called a softmod instead.

1. You need to read these tutorials:

http://www.techfreaks.org/articles/modxbox.shtml

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=215055

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/218495

2. To follow along with the above tutorials you will need a download called: Softmod.Installer.Deluxe.v2.0.Xbox-Hq.rar

This rar file contains the files you need. In addition, you will need a game that has a linux installer on it.

To locate Softmod.Installer.Deluxe.v2.0.Xbox-Hq.rar you will have to either Google for it, or use xbins to download. Here's a tutorial for xbins:
http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php

(You may be able to find it on a newsgroup too. Just search for it on one of the XBox newsgroups.)

-----

READ THE TUTORIALS FIRST!!! (I really cannot stress this enough.)

If you come back and post a message about something that is covered in the tutorials, then that only shows me that you have not read the tutorials and I will be less inclined to assist you. I took the time to read the tutorials, so should you.

Modding your XBox should not be rushed, and it's not that hard. I did it, so can you. But you have to do a little research and reading first or you will seriously mess up your XBox!

-----

To all of the other XBox modders: feel free to add in what I am sure I forgot to cover

-----

FOR YOUR INFORMATION #1: Model files will not work on the XBox. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. They just won't - no matter what someone else may tell you. Any other files should with a little finagling. But no, model files will not work. Don't even try them. Your XBox will hate you for it.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION #2: Module files, or any mods that place files outside of the Override folder in your XBox files, won't work. Module mods are those like ORD Mandell and outside files are those like wav files, etc...

FOR YOUR INFORMATION #3: the Override folders for KotOR 1 and KotOR 2 for your XBox are:

KotOR 1 - E:/TDATA/4c410003/Override/

KotOR 2 - E:/Games/Star Wars KotOR II (OR SWKotOR II OR Whatever it gets named)/Override

If there isn't an Override folder in either one of these directories to start with, then you will have to create one and FTP it to the XBox.

-----

HTH!

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨My Mods¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.
Disciple FTW!
There is no canon. There is only Revan.
FYI: I am a girl, and you may call me Janet.
It's all just fun and games until the flying monkeys attack.

Last edited by mjpb3; 06-18-2007 at 12:25 PM.
mjpb3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > Ebon Hawk's Machine Room > Modding Your XBox