lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor tool and a novice............. Help?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-28-2006, 11:13 AM   #1
commandpriority
Rookie

Kotor tool and a novice............. Help?

I need help. I cant figure out how to save an edited item so that it will work in kotor 1 and/or 2. It automatically saves to my desktop in a format that will not work in my override folder. What am I doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
commandpriority is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2006, 11:22 AM   #2
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
For starters when you choose save for an item a save file window should pop-up, does this happen?

If it does then you should be able to choose where to save the file too.
If it doesn't then there is a major problem. In which case I would recomend Uninstalling and then re-installing making certain you have the .NET framework 1.1 installed first.

If you get the save window the item editor will default to saving the file as a "UTI" file. This is K1 & K2's item file type. If this is the file type that your item has been saved as then it is the right file for your overide folder and will work. If the file is saving as some other extension please post what that extension is so that we can help you better with that.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2006, 11:43 AM   #3
commandpriority
Rookie

thanks for the help. looks like i will have to reinstall the .net framework as well........ after i download it on dial up, but it should work, so, thank you.
commandpriority is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2006, 12:07 PM   #4
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
If everything doesn't work after re-installing all take some screenshots of your saving process and everything else and I'll try to help you further from there.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > KotOR Tool > Kotor tool and a novice............. Help?