lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: the underworld sounds like a fun faction to play...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-22-2006, 09:04 AM   #1
shadowsfm

the underworld sounds like a fun faction to play...

will they do anything to make rebs and imps to be more fun too? right now, it sounds like the fun factor is unbalanced.
shadowsfm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2006, 12:48 PM   #2
Wolfenstein1942
Rookie

I prefer fun gameplay rather than saying "Oh my gosh, this faction plays differently, so that somehow makes them funner."
Wolfenstein1942 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

I prefer a better storyline going along with gameplay.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2006, 03:23 PM   #4
Isair
Rookie

I wouldn't worry about the Alliance and Empire not getting any new toys to play with, besides we haven't heard about the new ways that the other factions are supposed to counter the Pirates with yet.
Isair is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2006, 02:34 AM   #5
Darth Alec
Forumite

I sill think the empire will be fun, maybe not for my enemys though... But we are getting some new toys, so fun is garantied...

I am a High Admiral of the Imperial fleet.

Serving the Empire is my destiny, and only Sidious is my lord.

Two starwars parodys...

Starwars gangsta rap

Robot chicken
Darth Alec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2006, 04:06 AM   #6
shadowsfm

any thoughts on how to make the deathstar fun?
Old 06-26-2006, 07:34 AM   #7
slornie
Rookie

the DS2 shouldnt be able to move really... i mean until its finished... then it should be destroyable by the millenium falcon and red sqaudron (both survive battle)

what i really want to know is whether they will be useable in campaign, etc... and whether the tech tree will be modified to include them... and whether the empire and rebel campaigns will be improved to take into account the new units and the extended timescale...
but FoC looks fun anyhow... (and when LoW comes out... even better...)
slornie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2006, 12:02 PM   #8
Admiral Sith

I hate my browser, can this be deleted?

"It may be that the old astrologers had the truth exactly reversed, when they believed that the stars controlled the destinies of men. The time may come when men control the destinies of stars." -Arthur C. Clarke

"Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny." -Carl Schurz
Admiral Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2006, 12:04 PM   #9
Admiral Sith

Sounds a tad overpowered to me. Tanks that can take down AT-ATs easily, weapons that can somehow bypass shields(which is impossible btw), cloaking ships, and droideka's. The Empire and Rebels better get some kick ass new ships to counter these.

"It may be that the old astrologers had the truth exactly reversed, when they believed that the stars controlled the destinies of men. The time may come when men control the destinies of stars." -Arthur C. Clarke

"Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny." -Carl Schurz
Old 06-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #10
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, consider that in the Demo everything have less life...

That, and remember the tougher something is, the more expensive it will be.

Oh, and if you hit it at the right place, even ATAT is not overly tough.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2006, 05:11 AM   #11
shadowsfm

Quote:
Originally Posted by slornie
the DS2 shouldnt be able to move really... i mean until its finished... then it should be destroyable by the millenium falcon and red sqaudron (both survive battle)
yeah, ds2 better not move. (but then what is the point of having it, planet deffence?) there has to be a more interesting way to destroy a deathstar then like how it is now. how about giving it hard points like the ssd?
Old 06-27-2006, 07:36 AM   #12
slornie
Rookie

bu then again... if the DSII cant move it isnt much use... but it obviously can move... as in the E3 clips... it is seen in a battle over Felucia... also where the Executor and Home One were destroyed... i just cant see how it can move while incomplete... i mean wouldnt there be a lot of excess stress on the framework when it jumps to hyperspace...
slornie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2006, 12:10 PM   #13
shadowsfm

it doesnt jump to hyperspace, we see the first ds in the game is very slow
Old 06-28-2006, 06:47 PM   #14
Admiral Sith

The DSII was almost completly complete, the rest was pretty much cosmetic and living quarters. The DSII was also made of many layers of very strong material.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Forces of Corruption > the underworld sounds like a fun faction to play...