lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Planet Mandalore
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-14-2006, 02:19 PM   #1
ElizLestrad
Rookie

Question Planet Mandalore

Ok, so this is just complete and total speculation and while Id like this to be true, Im not getting my hopes up.

Its been confirmed on the Forces of Corruption website that there are 40 new units and a few new planets amongst other things...

I then saw a screenshot that confirmed that the planet Mandalore was in the game.

In the post RotJ cannon, Boba Fett brings the scattered mandalorian clans together to fight the Yuzzan Vong. This would mean that mandalorians are around during episodes 1-6. Albeit in no organized fashion.

So Im thinking that if there are 40 new units and you take 20 or so for the pirates and both the Empire and the Rebels get a few new units then taking into account all of the above (and the fact that in one screenshot I saw 2 boba fett icons on 2 separate planets on the side of the Pirates) What are the chances that one of the new units is a squad of Mandalorians or Mandalorian Super Commandos?
ElizLestrad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
jake123456
Rookie

Could be. It's a very interesting thought. I wonder when the developers are finally going to say something more about the expansion.
jake123456 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
jedi3112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizLestrad
Ok, so this is just complete and total speculation and while Id like this to be true, Im not getting my hopes up.

Its been confirmed on the Forces of Corruption website that there are 40 new units and a few new planets amongst other things...

I then saw a screenshot that confirmed that the planet Mandalore was in the game.

In the post RotJ cannon, Boba Fett brings the scattered mandalorian clans together to fight the Yuzzan Vong. This would mean that mandalorians are around during episodes 1-6. Albeit in no organized fashion.
I didn't know that after all those years they are still around. I always thought they fell apart a few thousand years before EP1, seeing as how they always act as mercenaries. I know there were mandalorian people, but not that they considered themsef mandalorian. Oh, and there is no such thing as post ROTJ canon.
jedi3112 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2006, 10:39 PM   #4
Admiral Sith

Yeah. Its just called canon.

I doubt that Mandolorians will be in the game. Theres just no real use for them.

"It may be that the old astrologers had the truth exactly reversed, when they believed that the stars controlled the destinies of men. The time may come when men control the destinies of stars." -Arthur C. Clarke

"Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny." -Carl Schurz
Admiral Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2006, 11:41 PM   #5
Darth Andrew
Veteran

As for the two Fett icons: one of the developers said that some of the icons from the other two sides were taking the place of pirate icons, as the pirate icons hadn't been made yet.
Darth Andrew is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2006, 11:57 PM   #6
ElizLestrad
Rookie

Unhappy

Well fiddlesticks...
ElizLestrad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2006, 09:39 AM   #7
popcorn2008
Little Green Friend

Yeah I seriously doubt that mandalorians are in the game. They may show up as the population unit for mandalore but probably nothing else.

> Lucas Forums Moderator
> Petroglyph Forums Moderator
> Unofficial Petroglyph Fan Forums Global Moderator
popcorn2008 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2006, 11:20 AM   #8
Yadiel
Rookie

And by the civil war time Mandalorians are nearly or totally extinct as pure blood line and civilization(what I mean is that there are no longer clans) .
What u were talking about happens in the Unifying Force, but then its explained that they are not mandalorians, but a group of different races who follow the their way of life.
Yadiel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2006, 07:09 PM   #9
Gavin Galicnar
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi3112
Oh, and there is no such thing as post ROTJ cano

what are you talking about?!?

(Dont use all caps please, hurts our eyes )

Last edited by popcorn2008; 07-02-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Gavin Galicnar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #10
Darth Anarch

He's talking about how only the stuff that's actually shown in the movies is considered irrefutable canon. Other stuff from the Expanded Universe may be official (as in "entered into the Databank and made into official Star Wars lore") but true canon is only the movies. And since RotJ was the last movie, nothing after that is Canon.

Oh, and writing a whole post in capital letters is the same as shouting, and is considered rather rude.

"We think in language; therefore, the quality of our thoughts can only be as good as the quality of our language."

-- George Carlin
Darth Anarch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Forces of Corruption > Planet Mandalore