lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: RotS opening battle music
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-26-2006, 07:14 AM   #1
Elukka
Rookie

RotS opening battle music

Hi, i'm looking for the music of the opening battle of Episode III. My friend has the soundtrack CD and it doesn't seem to be in there. I don't recall hearing it in any of the other movies, so i reckon it isn't on the other soundtrack CD's either.

So, anyone know where to get it? Would also be good if it has a name.
Elukka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

The music on the opening battle has the same melody to a song that features heavily in the battles of the OT, it would be on those soundtracks but it isn't the same as on ROTS.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2006, 05:38 PM   #3
Darth Andrew
Veteran

Actually, it is in the Episode III soundtrack, as I also have it. It's in the song titled: Star Wars and Revenge of the Sith. Hope that helps.
Darth Andrew is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #4
arkodeon
Rookie

The Star Wars and the Revenge of the Sith version does not start off as the one in the movie. If you remember, the one in the movie starts off with battle drums, then it goes into the battle music.

The one on the soundtrack goes right into the song, and it really detracts from the value of the song. If you remember that all Star Wars opening songs finish off with that trailing piece, very soft, then it goes into the main theme, or a shuttle engine, or something. It just seems very weird to jump into the battle.

arkodeon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2006, 09:11 AM   #5
Elukka
Rookie

Oh, it's on that file... should have checked it more thoroughly, thanks.
Elukka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2006, 05:44 AM   #6
JoesGuy
Rookie

Perhaps the drums at the beginning of the song are just sound effects to add to the theme. It doesn't necessarily have to be part of the song.
JoesGuy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > RotS opening battle music