lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KOTOR III CONFIRMED!
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-17-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
Arc Commando 14
Lurker

KOTOR III CONFIRMED!

a link is worth 1000 words

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/a...n-for-now.html
Arc Commando 14 is offline   you may:
Old 07-17-2006, 07:33 PM   #2
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
In the words of Senator Vreenak, "It's a FAKE!"

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may:
Old 07-17-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
^^^
I agree with InSidious. If I remember correctly, there was a similar post around here a few months ago.

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may:
Old 07-17-2006, 07:38 PM   #4
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
A link is only worth 1000 words if it comes from the producers or the developers . In this case, LucasArts or (most likely) Obsidian.

Inyri is offline   you may:
Old 07-17-2006, 07:45 PM   #5
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
its a fake, besides lucas arts will go with obsidian most likely as they can push them around, where as bioware wont allow themselves to be pushed around eg release dates

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may:
Old 07-17-2006, 07:48 PM   #6
HQ|Delta 07
Rookie

Yeah.

Well I keep waiting for K III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lineker
Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win.
HQ|Delta 07 is offline   you may:
Old 07-17-2006, 07:56 PM   #7
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
The chance of them making an announcement outside of official channels complete with spelling errors is slim to none, and slim's out of town.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may:
Old 07-17-2006, 07:57 PM   #8
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
its a fake, besides lucas arts will go with obsidian most likely as they can push them around, where as bioware wont allow themselves to be pushed around eg release dates
I don't necessarily think that's the case. When KotOR was being created LucasArts had no idea it would be such a hit, therefor they obviously had no reason to push Bioware to put out a product so quickly. However when KotOR2 was in production LucasArts knew it would sell well, and thus they wanted it out as quickly as possible. I sincerely doubt it had anything to do with Obsidian being pushovers.

Besides, LucasArts did not choose Obsidian to do KotOR2 for any other reason than that Bioware didn't want to do it, and Bioware handed it to Obsidian. You can actually hear Feargus Urquhart (President of Obsidian Entertainment) admit this in an interview about NWN2.

Old 07-17-2006, 07:58 PM   #9
Henz

Sounds like the creation of a fan-boy's wet dream. In other words, someone's read the 3rd post in every thread in this section and conjured a news article.
Henz is offline   you may:
Old 07-17-2006, 08:30 PM   #10
yodasoda2187
Rookie

ugh, i can't believe this fake news has come up again! This is probably a year old and it seems like every couple months someone new finds it again.

Come visit The Krayt Dragon:
http://www.geocities.com/rushyoda
http://kraytdragon.proboards6.com
yodasoda2187 is offline   you may:
Old 07-17-2006, 08:43 PM   #11
woogiee

AAAAHHHHHH!!

And to think I got as giddy as a 14 year old school girl

woogiee is offline   you may:
Old 07-17-2006, 09:15 PM   #12
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
That rumor is old. I actually just recently read that page, during a Google search for KotOR III news.

Bioware isn't doing KotOR III. They won't be doing it for the same reason they didn't do KotOR II. So if you have an unconfirmed fan-based report saying Bioware is in the process of developing the third installment, it shouldn't be taken seriously.

It would be swell if a moderator could edit the title of this thread to prevent further heart failures.
90SK is offline   you may:
Old 07-17-2006, 09:38 PM   #13
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by InyriForge
I don't necessarily think that's the case. When KotOR was being created LucasArts had no idea it would be such a hit, therefor they obviously had no reason to push Bioware to put out a product so quickly. However when KotOR2 was in production LucasArts knew it would sell well, and thus they wanted it out as quickly as possible. I sincerely doubt it had anything to do with Obsidian being pushovers.

Besides, LucasArts did not choose Obsidian to do KotOR2 for any other reason than that Bioware didn't want to do it, and Bioware handed it to Obsidian. You can actually hear Feargus Urquhart (President of Obsidian Entertainment) admit this in an interview about NWN2.
Sadly this is true, I dont know why Bioware did not want to do Kotor II, after all Kotor I is one of Bioware's best games (and I played a lot of Bioware RPGs).

While Kotor II wasn't bad at all (except for the story) there wasn't anything surprisingly new in it either, Obsidian basically improved Bioware's ideas.

@ topic:

Not funny. For a moment I thought I was in heaven, after reading the topic titel. Damn you!
Vaelastraz is offline   you may:
Old 07-17-2006, 09:56 PM   #14
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Well if memory serves most of the Obsidian guys worked for/with Bioware at some point or another, which is probably one of the reasons they were handed KotOR2 in the first place. And big business says if you've got a winner, don't mess with a good thing, so should KotORIII actually get made, I wouldn't expect anything amazingly new in it either.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:59 PM   #15
Exar Kun
Lurker

I'll believe it when I see it.

If Bioware is in fact developing KotOR III, I sure hope it looks like Mass Effect.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE
Exar Kun is offline   you may:
Old 07-17-2006, 10:12 PM   #16
Arįtoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
Sadly this is true, I don't know why Bioware did not want to do Kotor II, after all Kotor I is one of Bioware's best games (and I played a lot of Bioware RPGs).

While Kotor II wasn't bad at all (except for the story) there wasn't anything surprisingly new in it either, Obsidian basically improved Bioware's ideas.

@ topic:

Not funny. For a moment I thought I was in heaven, after reading the topic title. Damn you!
The reason why Bioware did not do Kotor II and will not do Kotor III is because they want to do only their own IP (Intellectual Properties).

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arįtoeldar is offline   you may:
Old 07-17-2006, 10:19 PM   #17
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
I guess this goes to show the power of rumors as this one is just like a cockroach. You can kill one but they keep coming back.

Please reference this previous post that references previous posts referencing other posts that debunk this foul rumor.
http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost....4&postcount=55

Nominating this thread for lockdown, puh-leeeze!

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may:
Old 07-17-2006, 10:59 PM   #18
milo
[]D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]

It says "speculation only" right at the top. You got me excited for nothing. Thanks a lot.
milo is offline   you may:
Old 07-17-2006, 11:35 PM   #19
XioJade
Rookie

Dammit. I screamed "**** YES!!" for nothing. >
XioJade is offline   you may:
Old 07-18-2006, 12:04 AM   #20
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
This is so very exciting.

Prime is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > KOTOR III CONFIRMED!