lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Psychonauts glitches, easter eggs, etc! [spoilers]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #81
KingCheez
that didnt last because i

Lejabberwock! Is that you from TechLinks man?

Yeah, there's a whole topic about that dude.

KingCheez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2006, 01:35 PM   #82
BobbinT
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejabberwock
hasn't anyone noticed in the final cutscene, and possibly the long one where the asylum explodes the glitchs with the cruller model?
in the last cutscene you see him standing by the other councelors to the side without the psytanium rock on his back, then when he come up to give raz the jumpsuit he has it on
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163248
We're discussing this ATM....-ish.

Play Loom!
BobbinT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2006, 09:08 AM   #83
assassin man
Rookie

A neat trick to try is, when you're inside the asylum, enter either Gloria's or Edgar's mind, and go to either of the other two minds, beat the level and Raz will appear outside the mind that he beat, instead of where his body really is.

tickle Crispin with the feather, he laughs like the laugh in the cutscene, when Fred chases Crispin away.
assassin man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2006, 08:27 AM   #84
klaythan
Rookie

I have some more, but im not sure what you would consider an egg, and Im not sure if they have been mentioned before...

In the brain tumbler experiement, once you walk inside the caravan and are trapped inside the egg, sooner or later it occurs to the player that they have to punch there way out. If you wait, Sasha will ask you if you feel trapped, etc, and then will ask you to try punch out a few times. After a few more lines of dialouge he will say 'Hurry Rasputin! This test is costing taxpayers alot of money!"

Also, it is possible to get to the Island that you fight Goggalor on. Even though the ball you hover with is disabled, a good run and jump, along with the boost from the hand trying to grab Rasputin is enough to just make it. It took me about 10 tries, so don't give up! If you climb the tower, then it will play the cutscene from the end of the battle and you will then be transported back to Linda. Even if Rasputin has lost his brain, he will be back in the real world. When you return to the Lungfishopolis level through the Collective unconsciousness, then you will be back on the island and there is no way (that i can see) to return to the rest of the level, so it is important to collect everything before you do this.

Also, i read on another site some funny stuff happens if you play the horn next to Dr Loboto, and some other funny stuff happens if you take Mr Pokeylope to the camp and interact with people while holding him. Unfortunately, my saved games arent anywhere near this events. Can anyone confirm?
klaythan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2006, 03:15 AM   #85
pyrohappygirl
Forumite

ok, I was talking to Admiral Cruller, at the time when he says about how the canoes will be safe from all the hectic stuff happening. I walked away towards Bobby, and just before I reached him, I heard Cruller's voice come on. It was repeating the last couple of lines from the scene, but it was all slow and crazy. I was all like, "okay, that was freaky," Anyone else had this? It's crazy, yes, but cool.
pyrohappygirl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2006, 09:25 PM   #86
nitupzarazputin
Lurker

ok weird thing. go invisible and then burn a squirle. what do you get you get this why you get a squirle roast dinner that's what you get: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...eo/weirdum.jpg
nitupzarazputin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2006, 09:37 PM   #87
DarthAve
Yeezy

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
You get a squirrel roast dinner because it boost your health up some.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2006, 10:02 PM   #88
klaythan
Rookie

why do you have to be invisible?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:42 PM   #89
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
You don't, but it sure makes it easier when they're not running away.

Thrik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2006, 05:43 AM   #90
pyrohappygirl
Forumite

Sure does. Also, my thingummyjig glitchy thing above. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ave
With that, pyrohappygirl becomes about 100 times better than Darth_Ave, who is about 100 times better than Shakespeare. So you're like 100,000 times better than Shakespeare, but only a mere 100 times better than me.
Hear that? I'm BETTER THAN SHAKESPEARE!

"I Miss You... Miss You So Bad..."
Old 06-24-2006, 07:34 AM   #91
Jintor
Rookie

Oh, i had something like that. Elton going 'mff. mmfff. mfff' for a while. Weird.
Jintor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2006, 08:53 PM   #92
pyrohappygirl
Forumite

Cept, my thing was really low and growling and... strange. maybe it's a lake problem.

Quote:
With that, pyrohappygirl becomes about 100 times better than Darth_Ave, who is about 100 times better than Shakespeare. So you're like 100,000 times better than Shakespeare, but only a mere 100 times better than me.

Old 07-18-2006, 04:03 AM   #93
darlimondoll
Rookie

In the Milkman Conspiracy, whenever I walk into the hedgetrimming area, they always say "Come work on the phonelines with us."

darlimondoll is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2006, 04:17 AM   #94
DarthAve
Yeezy

You can do anything to the G-men(pyrp, TK, psi blast) when you're outside the yellow lines. but you get arrested once your inside.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:22 AM   #95
The Tingler
The Lagomorph Prince

Current Game: Not TFU2
The International House of Mojo Staff 
The hedgetrimmers are right next to the phone repairman. Could you be getting your wires crossed?
The Tingler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2006, 04:56 AM   #96
pyrohappygirl
Forumite

Hehe. Sound problems are funny... But also problematic. Once all my sound cut out in the middle of Gloria's theatre

Quote:

Old 07-27-2006, 06:49 AM   #97
klaythan
Rookie

Experienced a really weird glitch today.

I was doing the part where you have to stun the bull so that dog can finish the poster (first time i played I totally missed this part). Anyway, I threw a grenade and accidently stood in the way so the bull hit me and was pushing me like it does when it hits me, but then the game started playing the dialouge (not sure if it was the 'finished painting the poster' dialouge or not) but the camera remained focused on the ramapging bull instead of the other characters. When the dialouge stopped, the camera was left facing the bull on the angle that you see when it hits Raz, but Raz wasnt there and the bull kept running. It would run the length of the alley and then jump and return to the start of the alley and was stuck on a continous loop that I couldnt get out of.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:18 PM   #98
Tychondryus
Lurker

I have a really wierd ,but funny glitch .When you are near the end and have beaten the den mother , then you have to get back to where the milkman stands and use the "look out of his eyes" ability on him .He will dissapear , and then no one will be there to stop the censors.Simply jump up on the house and wait.After a short time ,you will have a censor army.
Tychondryus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2006, 07:07 PM   #99
assassin man
Rookie

here's an interesting easter egg. Use the bink and smacker tool to view the cutscenes going into Milla's mind and also being kicked out, and you'll see a bear hanging around the beach, even though no bears occupy the beach normally!

also, one time I was trying to psi-pound a brain container to get the brain, and Raz got stuck in this position until I restarted the game:

(I made the color inverted so it would be easier to see)
assassin man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2006, 11:57 PM   #100
pyrohappygirl
Forumite

WHAT THE HECK?!?!?

I gotta try see the bear...

Quote:

Old 08-06-2006, 08:49 AM   #101
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

Heh, bear. Awesome.

Old 08-13-2006, 08:14 AM   #102
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

If you play with the controls during the "Loading Game" sequence which shows Raz falling into the mind, you can move him around. Thanks to dillon123 for pointing this out.

Old 08-14-2006, 02:17 AM   #103
Cheeeeseman
Lurker

I'm suprised that no one has mentioned the 101/100 PSI cadet rank that you can get. If you keep playing the target breaking game in Oleander's basic braining obsticle course 2, eventually you'll earn a PSI cadet rank increase. If you've found everything in the game (PSI cards, PSI cores, Figments, ect.) This rank increase should increase your total rank to 101.
Cheeeeseman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2006, 07:09 PM   #104
Rain Woman
Rookie

Post Somethin' else

Not much of an egg, but something I noticed and don't know where else to mention it. At the part where Mikhail is holding Benny in the air, you can Psi Blast Benny and hear Maloof and Mikhail cackle.

I'm starting to feel like I'm back in high school. Which is weird, because I'm only ten."
Rain Woman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2006, 07:40 PM   #105
Paranoidish

I've also got one. If you're in the milkman level, use clairvoyance on the flamingo things and then use pick them up and toss them off of the level! They'll eventually stop but it is really fun to do.

^Above picture=awesome.
Paranoidish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2006, 11:40 PM   #106
dillon123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrik
If you play with the controls during the "Loading Game" sequence which shows Raz falling into the mind, you can move him around. Thanks to dillon123 for pointing this out.
Atctually,my freind found it,but he didnt like it.I kept playing with it,then decited to put it up.

With the power of psychonauts,you can mke a difference.

I did that...with my mind.
dillon123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #107
Quoththeraven
Rookie

Where is this secret room in Milla's mind? I've looked for it, but must have totally missed it. Sorry.

Viva La Revolucion!
Quoththeraven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2006, 01:16 PM   #108
Miss_Mayhem

In Milla's dance-party, you can throw the kids off the platform. They will continue dancing! Right after you defeat Linda (and are underwater) you can toss dying suckerfish out into the water to have them happily swim away with TK. You can also TK crabs and throw them into a clam's mouth.
Miss_Mayhem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #109
gopsychonauts
Rookie

Hi

milla's nightmare room:

In the part near thew beginning with the fan that you need to use to float towards a ladder, bounce towards the fan, and you'll notice a little passage down and to the left of it. That's the nightmare room.

When it got dark, I visited Sasha's mind, and used Smelling Salts to get out. I arrived on the floating dock at daytime!
gopsychonauts is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-18-2006, 03:55 PM   #110
Dmitri
Rookie

If you look at the sky during the night, you can see faces in the clouds. One of them looks like that blonde guy from Monkey Island. I'll try to get a picture, but I'll be taking one of my TV screen with a digital camera, so I can't promise it'll look great.

What's that on your head? That's no hat. Maybe you could tell your hat to shut up. Or at least ask me the right questions. - Boyd
Dmitri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2006, 08:01 PM   #111
Digitaldreamer
Rookie

Right, so I was lending out my game for the past few months, and awhile back I decided once I got it back I'd try out the Pokeylope thing and see if it's true.

And yes, yes it is. And the responses amuse, yes they do. I forgot about the horn thing, I'll have to try that next...

But yeah, these guys seriously thought of EVERYTHING. *grins*

Edit: Horn thing also works. XDD

“Raz,” Oleander groaned. “How many times do I have to tell you? You don't have to sneak in here past security every time you come anymore! You can just come in through the gate! You know, like everyone else?”

“Oh, I know. I just like this way better.”

--Cursum Perficio, chapter two, by Digitaldreamer.

Last edited by Digitaldreamer; 12-04-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Digitaldreamer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2006, 09:33 AM   #112
SashaNein
Rookie

Infinite jump on the main menu. (in PC version)

Youuuuuuutube for proof!

I also got Raz going ridiculously fast with the levitation ball jumping around Sasha's cube. I thought I was close to breaking off from gravity several times, but never quite got there. It was fun jumping around the entire cube (sometimes 3X) in one jump off of a corner. You could see the ball being attracted like a magnet to one cube, then to another, then spazzing out. Looked like a flat surface.

Last edited by SashaNein; 12-08-2006 at 02:36 PM.
SashaNein is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2006, 09:31 PM   #113
kreisherk
Lurker

Can't find the horn. Where's the horn?
kreisherk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2006, 10:30 PM   #114
SashaNein
Rookie

Beat the Lungfishopolis level.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:22 AM   #115
Smon
Bizarro

Current Game: Payday 2
Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaNein
Infinite jump on the main menu. (in PC version)

Youuuuuuutube for proof!

I also got Raz going ridiculously fast with the levitation ball jumping around Sasha's cube. I thought I was close to breaking off from gravity several times, but never quite got there. It was fun jumping around the entire cube (sometimes 3X) in one jump off of a corner. You could see the ball being attracted like a magnet to one cube, then to another, then spazzing out. Looked like a flat surface.
Couldn't do it on the main menu, but pulled it off once on the cube. Fun.

I'm done putting links in my signature because every time I do it just links to some old crap I've long since stopped updating.
Smon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2006, 12:34 AM   #116
DarthAve
Yeezy

I'm SO trying that next time I play Psychonauts. That will be fun.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:37 AM   #117
SashaNein
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smon
Couldn't do it on the main menu, but pulled it off once on the cube. Fun.
You can get in an infinite loop on the cube!? OK, I'm going to try and recreate this tommorrow if I'm not too busy working on my secret project.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:20 AM   #118
DarthAve
Yeezy

I couldn't get it on the main menu. D:

I'm gonna try the cube though. It'll probably be easier considering that the cube is a smooth surface, and the brain has ridges and stuff.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #119
Arku

Maybe I'm just really slow... but I've had Psychonauts for 6 months and I just realized you can change the channels on the TV in the camp lodge's lounge.
Arku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #120
SashaNein
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arku
Maybe I'm just really slow... but I've had Psychonauts for 6 months and I just realized you can change the channels on the TV in the camp lodge's lounge.
:x
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Psychonauts Discussion at Razputin's Domain > Razputin's Domain Forums > Whispering Rock Lakeside Chat > Psychonauts glitches, easter eggs, etc! [spoilers]