lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who will you play as in KoTOR 3?
Revan 89 28.80%
Exile 19 6.15%
A completely new character 201 65.05%
Voters: 309. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Who do you want to play as in KoTOR 3?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-21-2006, 06:50 AM   #281
Henz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
Some day people will realise this.
If I pray will it happen faster?
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2006, 09:57 AM   #282
bolsen
Rookie

i would like a big cinematic at the beginning of the game after you create your character. it would show revan leading mandalorian troops alongside Canderous against the sith and it ends with Revans death and the narrator of the cinematic would be
1) Your first party member and mentor type character
2)And would tell how the Exile had died just a few weeks before Revan.

to me this would appease the people who want to see Revan in the game and avoid having him as an actual character and would also set the stage for a new character to take up the fight against the sith.
bolsen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2006, 10:27 AM   #283
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolsen
it would show revan leading mandalorian troops alongside Canderous against the sith and it ends with Revans death
I got the impression that Canderous and Revan would never meet again...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2006, 11:23 AM   #284
bolsen
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
I got the impression that Canderous and Revan would never meet again...
maybe but how else would he get the mandalorians to help him fight? maybe im jjust hoping they meet again
bolsen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2006, 01:32 AM   #285
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henz
If I pray will it happen faster?
Unfortunately no, it won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
No, we won't.
See what I mean Henz?

@ igyman

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2006, 07:07 AM   #286
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
what we really need it for some bigshot writer to come up with a story that kills of both Revan and Exile. then our dreams will come true!

>_>
<_<
what? don't look at me!

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2006, 08:40 AM   #287
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Killing off Revan and the Exile would be a massive anti-climax, if they're just conveniently killed off in the background during the set-up for KotOR3. If that happens, then what was the point of letting the Exile follow in Revan's footsteps during KotOR2? It would have been much easier to just say that Revan was dead and be done with it.

Not that I mind seeing either or both of them die in KotOR3, but if it is to be, then it has to be done as part of the plot development, and not to just get rid of them. It will be very disappointing and pitiful storytelling, if the protagonists of the previous games are just discarded like that - they have far too much plot potential. Especially Revan needs to appear again. We've been searching for him for an entire game now. To just find him dead would not be satisfying.

I'd like for both Exile and Revan make an appearance late in KotOR3 and even be potentially playable as temporary companions. Neither should be the protagonist, however. The game begins at level 1 and builds from there, and then only way you could do that for either of them is to do yet more amnesia or convenient "fall from power", which has now been done twice in as many games. No, I'll take a new young jedi, thank you very much.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.

Last edited by Jediphile; 07-23-2006 at 09:37 AM.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2006, 01:08 PM   #288
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
@ igyman
C'mon RH, there's no reason to be upset. We can speculate all we want until an official announcement of K3. Until then I'm still gonna hope that Revan gets to be the protagonist again, even if it's futile.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2006, 11:55 PM   #289
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
^^^^
I'm not the one upset... but you keep wishing. Futile as it is.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2006, 12:11 AM   #290
mado did dude
Rookie

i hope revan is back and my kids do to because they played kotor 1 and 2 and they are telling me to say that if revan aint in kotor 3 they'll rip out there hair and i know there not going to pull out ther hair they just want revan back

WORKING ON:k1 restoration project
awaiting sonic the hedgehog for ps3!
mado did dude is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2006, 05:27 PM   #291
Jabba da Butt
Rookie

Ok, I love making up long speeches about K3 in my head, so now Im going to write one down.

How about you start as a new character, perhapse a jedi historian(at level 1, of course) looking for answers about Revan and the Exile. Then you spend the rest of the game following Revans path throughout the unknown regions, always finding traces of him on each planet. Finally, you find the base of the true sith, only to find that Revan and the exile have been killed / captured. Then it is your turn to defeat the enemy that revan and the exile died trying to destroy.

Just a cool idea, sorry if you guys dont like it.

"Not if anything to say about it, I have!"-Yoda

Lover of all droids

My Fan Fics
Travels of Kavar:
Never Trust a Hutt
Darkness Over Coruscant
Jabba da Butt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2006, 07:15 AM   #292
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
@ mado: just tell them that the old coot sitting at the cantina table is Revan and that he retired

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2006, 05:05 PM   #293
mado did dude
Rookie

... he is not retired....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (jk about the yelling part)

WORKING ON:k1 restoration project
awaiting sonic the hedgehog for ps3!
mado did dude is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2006, 06:36 PM   #294
T.Nova
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba da Butt
Ok, I love making up long speeches about K3 in my head, so now Im going to write one down.

How about you start as a new character, perhapse a jedi historian(at level 1, of course) looking for answers about Revan and the Exile. Then you spend the rest of the game following Revans path throughout the unknown regions, always finding traces of him on each planet. Finally, you find the base of the true sith, only to find that Revan and the exile have been killed / captured. Then it is your turn to defeat the enemy that revan and the exile died trying to destroy.

Just a cool idea, sorry if you guys dont like it.
Yesssss.... Kill Revan! Down with Revan! Death to Revan. I just want to see the Revan fanboys cry their little hearts out when Revan's corpse is found lying on the ground.

My Fan Fiction - Davik Kang : Rise to Power
T.Nova is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2006, 02:03 AM   #295
Dawgas
Lurker

There has to be a new character, lol, or it wouldnt make any sense.

Start as a nonjedi (they're cooler, lol) and advance to either a nonjedi prestige class (rly cool lolz) or a jedi prestige class (because why advance to a regular one, you're the hero of [whatever])

Oh, and to set up the game, it could be in a prologue/fresh start of game where you take a test and it would have various answers (over plot events? whatever.) and with some 'premade' ones (in case you dont want to answer the questions, but you can look them over if you wish)

However, something tells me that whichever body of developers that'll develop KOTOR III (3) will ignore these suggestions, lolz.

[post that rehashes previous ideas without knowing? oh wells]
(first post after four months of registering ftw [/senselessedit])

Last edited by Dawgas; 07-25-2006 at 02:05 AM. Reason: because I can, lol
Dawgas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2006, 12:21 AM   #296
Davinq
I wear a fez now

Current Game: Portal
Exile was my favorite, hands down. I just don't understand why people goggle over Revan, I mean, he/she's got a specific name, whereas the Exile is more general, which allows for more of a RPing experience (I think).

Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2006, 08:25 AM   #297
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

Current Game: KotOR
My thoughts exactly, Danny. However, it's gotta be a new character because K3 won't be able to detect what your character looked like from K1 and K2!

...Although maybe, a Dark Revan would wear his/her original robes and mask...but that would limit possibilities for customization...

EDIT: In any case, K3 had better let us explore the Unknown Regions, or I'll kill myself. There are enough mentions of how Revan entered the Unknown regions, looking for something, to make me really want to explore for myself.

I'd much rather be someone else who meets Revan, than being Revan him/herself.

Last edited by joetheeskimo5; 07-26-2006 at 01:30 PM.
Joetheeskimo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2006, 07:58 AM   #298
Black Jesus
Rookie

Revan.

They hinted at it (him leaving to beyond the Outer Rim) in KOTOR II.

Bring it home, I say.

±BlackJesus±

"They call me White Devil, Black Jesus. Heaven closes, Hell freezes."
Where Else Am I? (link)
Black Jesus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2006, 08:29 AM   #299
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

Well, at the end of K2 Kreia told the Exile to go to the Unknown Regions to find where Revan was, so I find it more likely that you would be the exile, looking for Revan, in the Unknown Regions.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:26 AM   #300
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Exclamation My opinion, in greater detail

Revan is cool, Exile is ok, but I don't want a lame plot excuse for Revan or the Exile starting at level 1, so I want a new character. And I also want to see Revan, since it kind of goes without saying that he is needed for the plot and whole mystery of the True Sith ect.

New character should start in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant as a new Jedi Apprentice in the Order which was founded by members of the TSL party (Visas, Disciple/Handmaiden ect) since the events of KOTOR 2. The player would take some type of history exam in which the player would set the endings and genders for the previous chracters.

I wouldn't mind Exile being in KOTOR 3, but I wouldn't miss him either. If either appear, I'd like events which would allow them to die in/near the end (in non-canon endings).

Eventually, the player would enter the unkown regions as the final test for his/her training in search of Revan and the True Sith. That would happen about 1/3 through the game. Most of the previous party members from KOTORs 1 and 2 would have cameos and/or small roles, just for old time's sake. At least, that's how I would like it.

Probably something else about the True Sith attacking, but I can't think of anything about that.

On a slightly unrelated note, I'd like to see Revan and Exile(in different canon sources)with specified genders, alignments, names (Exile's name and Revan's fake name while he was brainwashed), and appearances in canon, just so I can laugh at the morons who say "OMG L@3VE IT UP 2 TEH PL4YRE!! DN0T 5PE[1FY i7!!"

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2006, 10:48 AM   #301
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
On a slightly unrelated note, I'd like to see Revan and Exile(in different canon sources)with specified genders, alignments, names (Exile's name and Revan's fake name while he was brainwashed), and appearances in canon, just so I can laugh at the morons who say "OMG L@3VE IT UP 2 TEH PL4YRE!! DN0T 5PE[1FY i7!!"
Slighly unrelated? "morons"? How very troll-ish of you

Do you honestly have that limited of an imagination where you just "have" to have the protaganist and every little bit of information 'defined' in absolutes? Perhaps RPG's aren't quite the genre for you hmm?

In the meantime, lose the flame-namecalling or your stay here will be short lived. You have been warned.

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2006, 12:43 PM   #302
Joetheeskimo
Statusless

Quote:
Revan is cool, Exile is ok, but I don't want a lame plot excuse for Revan or the Exile starting at level 1, so I want a new character. And I also want to see Revan, since it kind of goes without saying that he is needed for the plot and whole mystery of the True Sith ect.

New character should start in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant as a new Jedi Apprentice in the Order which was founded by members of the TSL party (Visas, Disciple/Handmaiden ect) since the events of KOTOR 2. The player would take some type of history exam in which the player would set the endings and genders for the previous chracters.

I wouldn't mind Exile being in KOTOR 3, but I wouldn't miss him either. If either appear, I'd like events which would allow them to die in/near the end (in non-canon endings).

Eventually, the player would enter the unkown regions as the final test for his/her training in search of Revan and the True Sith. That would happen about 1/3 through the game. Most of the previous party members from KOTORs 1 and 2 would have cameos and/or small roles, just for old time's sake. At least, that's how I would like it.
Whoa! That's the best idea I've heard yet! It makes complete sense, and I like the idea of the history exam; that would solve the problem of not knowing how K1 and K2 ended.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:54 PM   #303
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Thumbs down

Quote:
Do you honestly have that limited of an imagination where you just "have" to have the protaganist and every little bit of information 'defined' in absolutes?
The point is that there has to be a canon appearance, alignment, ect, no matter what.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2006, 03:19 PM   #304
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Quote:
The point is that there has to be a canon appearance, alignment, ect, no matter what.
What for? If that was the intention of the game designers in the first place, there wouldn't be a choice. The defeats the purpose of an "RPG" entirely.

Revan and Exile already have canon genders anyway, and that's enough for writers to get by with.
90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2006, 06:11 PM   #305
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Agreed. I can accept a canon alignment and gender for both Revan and Exile for the sake of reference by authors, but in the games it really is the player's decision.

I want to see both Revan and Exile in KotOR3, but not before I've decided gender, alignment, appearance, and jedi class for them both earlier in the game. They were both my characters, so I should get to decide the specifics, which is fortunately easy to do in a computer game.

A worse problem is how you can do a single plot, where they will appear regardless of their alignments (and so chosen endings) of the previous games, but I do think KotOR2 was specifically set up to overcome that obstacle. I still think and hope that both Revan and Exile will be in KotOR3, but that they will be both have turned to the dark side when you meet them, even if you set them both to light side.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2006, 09:08 PM   #306
T.Nova
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
What for? If that was the intention of the game designers in the first place, there wouldn't be a choice. The defeats the purpose of an "RPG" entirely.

Revan and Exile already have canon genders anyway, and that's enough for writers to get by with.
I agree. Besides that, there is no reason to have them return in the first place. Nobody here is writing the story for K3, so you can't just sit here and say "We need Revan to wrap up the story" or "We should start at the Jedi Temple on Courascant" etc.

There are a hundred ways you can wrap up Revan and the Exile's fate without them coming to you and spoon-feeding their knowledge to you. It's too bad the majority of KOTOR fans don't realize this, or simply refuse to accept it.

My Fan Fiction - Davik Kang : Rise to Power
T.Nova is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2006, 01:49 AM   #307
Weiser_Cain
Forumite

New guy that I basicly shape, that is I want my actions to shape my character and affect the overall scenario(like say you never blew up perragus).
Weiser_Cain is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2006, 03:19 AM   #308
SteGab1979
Lurker

Don't know, man...I think the Exile was more mysterious than Revan or any other character. Maybe I'm mistaken, but KotOR 2 made him/her a very intriguing character.
SteGab1979 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2006, 06:44 PM   #309
ViperSkeele
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
I've read a lot of different opinions on the main character in KoTOR 3. Although I think Revan should again be the main character, there are some who think that should be the Exile and some who think we need a completely new character. Well, the easiest way to know for sure what the majority wants is a poll. So, vote for your prefered character and maybe give an explanation for your opinion.
I want to be the undead Darth Nihilus, and I also want to hear my responses in his technogurgle voice. He could survive through some fluke of the Force, Like Revan, but this time remembering everything....would he go light side in order to reclaim his position as dark lord? would he stay darkside, and battle endlessly to regain his dark lord standing, or would he have a revelation of the death and destruction of the dark side, and swing away struggling for life, redemption, and finally acceptance into the Jedi order, to become "The Gifted One" yeah, thats my characer, the very bad turning away against all odds, struggling and clawing my way to Jedi Pupil, old, tired, beaten, but not dead yet, the Great and Terrible starting over learning humility and the higher ideals, seeking attonement.
ViperSkeele is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #310
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Yeah, I suppose it would be interesting to play as a weakened Nihilus and then recover his full strength and choose whether to use it for a good or an evil cause. Nihilus would, of course have to lose his evil-looking robes and we'd have to pick a face for him (her?).

Just for continuity's sake - I still hope Revan will be the main character in K3, but I do it with a lot less enthusiasm.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2006, 12:29 AM   #311
ViperSkeele
Rookie

Whoever I get to be in KOTOR III I would like a much wider range of choices, and not just human choices. I'm not sure what race I would prefer, but with a wider range of choices, it gives more variety and replayability (is that a word?) Also, why is it that only dark side characters get the cool tattoos? I'd like to be able to pick a head, add a hairstyle and a facial hairstyle, pick my skin color and hair color, and it would be cool to have the option of adding tattoos regardless of alignment. My second choice would be Revan, and I would only want the exile under two conditions, 1) the story is better written, and 2) he gets a chance to somehow make ammends with what Jedi Council members remain, and then to go on a galaxy wide hunt for any and every sith intent on destroying the Jedi. (it would stand to reason that some sith may be satisfied with their own evil circumstances, like Uthar) Eventually you would piss off whatever dark lord is in charge, but whatever happens I think it would have to be a sneak attack by the Sith because the Exile wiped out the previous two dark lords like they were little girls, and they were supposed to be badasses. The Exile should be able to easily best anyone he faces, what fun is there in that?
ViperSkeele is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2006, 12:36 AM   #312
Draethe

i would really like to play as revan again. If i cant i at least want revan in the game and all the story arcs resolved. whats the point of setting up this whole off to the fight the true sith if we dont get to see or participate in it. it would make the last 2 games pointless. In regards to whether revan is too powerful now to use. wouldnt he have to be to fight this threat anyway? Plus theres no guaranty a stardard rpg engine will be used so the level thing may not really matter.

When are they gonna announce something its driving me crazy. Im happy to wait for a quality game i just need to know theres actually something to wait for.
Draethe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2006, 07:10 AM   #313
Revans disciple
Rookie

For me, Revan, definetly. I don't like the idea of a third god wandering the galaxies and killing every oppositon. Because then there would be no need to do anything if there are two gods defending... *our* galaxy. What if they decide to make K4 after some time? That would be a little too difficult, exept if some of the heroes just happen to die, which seems hard to believe.

So please no new character if you ask me.

Edit: Oh, and I agree with Viper; the exile had a way too much power. A character that would be weak against his/her enemies at first would be nice. Like Revan in K1. That makes you need the party members.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion
through passion, I gain strength,
through strength, I gain power,
through power, I gain victory,
through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
Revans disciple is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2006, 08:00 AM   #314
Scars Unseen
Rookie

If KOTOR 3 followed the d20 rules more faithfully there would be no need for your character to become an uberjedi for the game to be fun. Anyone remember the original Baldur's Gate? You had a level cap of about 9 in that game and the game was a great success. It's not about the power of the character, but rather what the character does within the bounds of the power he has.

We've seen the story of the fallen hero and the story of the general who turned his back on war. I think that the next character should be a jedi that has not fallen(well not prior to the beginning of the game anyway), but has been raised with the order(whaterver there is left of it) and has been taught the jedi perspective on the lessons to be learned from Revan's fall(and according to canon, redemption). Instead of being a powerful jedi that lost his power, make him a padawan like Bastilla was, with his destiny ahead of him rather than behind.

From there it's a simple matter to introduce events that would send him investigating the unknown regions for whatever trouble Revan and the Exile are sure to stir. And the character doesn't have to be as powerful as either of them. There are more ways to victory and better endings to a story than "go beat the all powerful bad guy."
Scars Unseen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2006, 08:31 AM   #315
The Architect

Who do I want to play as in KOTOR III? Look, I could write an encyclopedia as to why Revan and the Exile cannot and shoud not be the main character/s in a potential KOTOR III game, we have to and should play as a new main character in KOTOR III.

However, I do feel that we as players, should be allowed to choose the genders/alignments of Revan and the Exile, if we can't, then don't make the game, or base the storyline off in a completely new timeline.

My dream is you get to play as Revan and the Exile for a little while towards the end of KOTOR III (which would require you to not only customize their genders/alignments, which is a must, but also their appearences, lightsaber type, lightsaber colour and class) but then what about all the people who haven't played KOTOR and/or KOTOR II? There going to say "What the hell is this?" Add that to the fact that in terms of size, time and costing, it will be difficult to do, hence the term dream, which I said before.

I do have an idea on how to bring back Revan and the Exile in the flesh in KOTOR III (but I'll save that for another time) however, if they do not appear in KOTOR III, I can't say I'll be surprised or disappointed, because I know that bringing back Revan and the Exile in KOTOR III can potentially backfire big time, but if you ask me, killing them both off cheaply behind the scenes just to get rid of them IMO is equally disappointing, so what do you do with them? There are a lot of complications regarding Revan and the Exile with KOTOR III, but when I have more time, I'll talk about my idea and see what the feedback is (although I'm not expecting much positive feedback to be honest).
The Architect is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Who do you want to play as in KoTOR 3?