lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Need help with HUD
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2006, 12:05 PM   #1
UDM

Need help with HUD

I'm working on a new HUD, and have made quite a number of changes to the UI files. However, when I go ingame, I get either black boxes or nothing at all

I'm not sure what's wrong with the code. For example, I only changed the rect syntax in this part of the code:

// Metal Frame
itemDef
{
name "frame"
forecolor 1 1 1 1
background "gfx/hud/hudleft"
rect 0 0 100 100 // (these positions are relative to the initial position of the menu)
// X pos, Y pos, char size, char height
}

I bolded the part which was changed.

The game, however, shows a big <censored> black box ingame! Funnily enough, some other itemDef's that I changed actually show up the intended tga! Eg this:

// Right Metal Frame
itemDef
{
name "frame"
forecolor 1 1 1 1
background "gfx/hud/hudright.tga"
rect 0 0 -100 100 // (these positions are relative to the initial position of the menu)
// X pos, Y pos, char size, char height
}

I'm really frustrated now. Spent a whole day trying to figure this out. I thouguht that the background syntax had to be linked directly to shader files, but even after experimenting with that, it still gave me a bloody black box. It's almost as if the game is being choosy, selectively showing what it wants to display

Please help!!!!!!!!!
UDM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Coding > Need help with HUD