lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Play Kotor III online with friends?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-23-2006, 09:25 AM   #41
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
hehe. If KotOR was multiplayer...

spoiler:

Malak: You are Revan!
Player 1: No, that not true. It can't be!
Player 2: And who does that make me?
Malak: Um...er...yea...You are also Revan!
Player 1 and Player 2: Bastila, is this true?
Bastila: Yes, I'm afraid so. You are both Revan.

KotOR's story is just not made for multiplayer.

Bob Lion54 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2006, 09:42 AM   #42
Jediphile
Persona non grata

A KotOR-related MMORPG is fine. But that would not be KotOR3. These games have been dedicated single-player games all along, and that should not change - it's the high point of those games. But if someone wants to do an MMORPG set in the KotOR era, then fine. I have no problem with that. It's just highly unlikely that I'll ever play it, since I refuse to pay for privilege to actually play a game after I've already paid full price just to get it, and that is the case for most MMORPGs these days (though not all).

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2006, 09:48 PM   #43
quiksylver
Lurker

i would really like to have that option to play multiplayer, but nowadays they would probably make players pay so they could run the server. But they could make it multiplayer with special co-op missions like in Dungeon Siege (Exspansion) and be able to fight other people's custom characters. It will probably never happen though. Fun to imagine.
quiksylver is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2006, 10:19 PM   #44
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
I refuse to pay for privilege to actually play a game after I've already paid full price just to get it, and that is the case for most MMORPGs these days (though not all).
This is one of my least favorite gaming misconceptions, which I always must correct.

You're not paying a monthly fee to use the game, you're paying a monthly fee to use the servers. It's the same as the concept of paying for a dedicated server for your clan... except servers that can hold thousands of people are slightly more costly than a server for 32 people (which can already cost a decent amount monthly). If you expect someone to provide you with a very expensive server to play on for free you're expecting a little too much. Some games do it, but not the decent ones.

So please, think about what you're saying before you claim someone's making you pay for something you already bought, because with MMO's that's really not the case.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2006, 12:24 AM   #45
quiksylver
Lurker

the only game i can think of that actually is good and doesnt cost anything to play online is Warcraft 3, but that is not the same thing as playing an online game like World of Warcraft. But Kotor3 is not the same type of game as WC3, it uses better graphics than an Age of Empires like game.
quiksylver is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #46
pokejedi123
Rookie

Quote:
It's just highly unlikely that I'll ever play it, since I refuse to pay for privilege to actually play a game after I've already paid full price just to get it, and that is the case for most MMORPGs these days (though not all).
Quote made by:Jediphile

then you should play GW,it a great game for to leave the mistakes out......

pokejedi123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2006, 01:01 PM   #47
Devilsfanatic

Too many idiots, no thanks.

Darth Milhouse
Devilsfanatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Play Kotor III online with friends?