lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How could the CIS lose?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-02-2006, 02:27 PM   #81
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Fall? C'mon, they have repulsorlifts! We know that Acclamators (which are pretty large, not as big as Imperial Star Destroyers, but darn huge) can make planetary landings (check out the end of AOTC), as can the "battleships" of the Trade Federation (see Episode I, and also the core ships in Episode II).

So just go into the upper atmosphere and start the bombardment. According to the ROTS novel even, there is only a small shield around the Senate building. You could devestate the planet (and the planet was devestated, if nothing else than from falling debris from the battle, again according to the novel).

Logic dictates they could bombard the planet if they wished.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-04-2006, 11:17 PM   #82
lil_dude
Forumite

Well the CIS may have won without any interference, in short they were all tricked by Sidious/Palpetine and then slaughtered by Anakin, who is left to lead them now? Sidious/Palpetine obviously is the only one left, and since he controls the Republic as well and has dissolved a large portion of the senate, well now he controls the whole galaxy. It's not at all that the Republic beat the CIS, it's that the CIS was betrayed from within and all were slahed down by Anakin. If we were strictly talking a war with no one playing/controlling both sides and such then the CIS would of probly won, they had greater numbers in troops and they were fairly popular among alot of systems. If you really think about it, the CIS turned out to be the true good guys, since they were fighting to end corruption(yes I know they had evil tactics as well and such, but it's war) in the senate and the galaxy and be a true democracy, while the Republic turned out to be the oppressive empire that we all know from the orginal movies.

quote from wookiepedia about Sidious/Palpetine

"During the Clone Wars, he was the secret de facto leader of the Separatists as the Sith Lord Darth Sidious, as well as the de jure leader of the Republic, allowing him to plan and execute the entire war, thus resulting in his ultimate triumph with the rise of his Empire."

One thing so great about the SW saga is the fact that alot of details are left open to interpretation.
lil_dude is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #83
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Actually there are times that the CIS is actually Winning, if not for palpy tipping off the Republic on important intel, like the case with the cortosis droids and what not.

It is just that CIS is betrayed by its top (shadow) command, and most of its leaders are wimps, baring a few like Grevi, Dooku, and that Chiss hottie.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2006, 02:04 PM   #84
Darth Xenus
Rookie

It was all about the Jedi, if the whole Jedi Order had been organised to fight an obvious threat (such as the CIS) their enemy wouldn't have stood a chance, as it was they had no idea who the real enemy was until it was far too late for them to do anything. Also, its far easier to control people who supported your rise to power, so Palpatine would have wanted the Republic to 'win' because it would then be easier to control the galaxy. If the CIS had 'won' then a rebellion would have sprung p much earlier.

"Good and evil are but points of view. Many would call me evil for the things I have done, but to myself and to my followers, I am the saviour of the galaxy. I have not shirked from my duty because it is unpleasant or because others will disapprove. I regret the deaths I have caused on this path, but they were necessary to prevent far greater evil. So, Jedi, who are you to say what I do is wrong?"

-Darth Xenus, Emperor of the Sith
Darth Xenus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2006, 02:17 PM   #85
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_dude
If you really think about it, the CIS turned out to be the true good guys, since they were fighting to end corruption
That is what they claimed of course, but the real goal was to have more and freer control over commerce so they could line their pockets.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #86
lil_dude
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
That is what they claimed of course, but the real goal was to have more and freer control over commerce so they could line their pockets.
Of course, they wanted a true capatalist and democratic galaxy. Price gouging and all.
lil_dude is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 12:45 PM   #87
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
not just that, they wanted to be involved with making the rules by which they had to play by.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2006, 01:22 PM   #88
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, somethimes, "enemy of the bad guy" does not mean good guy.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2006, 08:02 AM   #89
Redtech
Veteran

Oh, yes, that is exactly why we're so screwed in the war on terror...nearly all the people we're fighting are ex-allies against another enemy!

An enemy of an enemy is not a friend!!!

I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > How could the CIS lose?