lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: AI and FoC's new features
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-14-2006, 08:11 PM   #1
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

AI and FoC's new features

I like playing Galactic Conquest scenarios a lot, but so far I've just played against the computer. Like everyone else, I find the AI pretty stupid on the galactic maps, even on "Hard" difficulty. In Empire at War, I've noticed that the AI seems not to do the following things:

- advance on the tech tree
- upgrade space stations beyond level 3 or so
- build level 4 starships
- build smugglers or bounty hunters

So, with the introduction of the much more interactive Galactic Map for the Zann Consortium and advanced features like the base layout screens, will we see a new, improved AI that's actually smart enough to take advantage of corruption, reinforce its positions, deploy base defenses intelligently, and actually pose a threat to a human player? The best I've seen so far is an AI that invests heavily in A-Wings/TIE Scouts and is incredibly vulnerable to pincer attacks on the galactic map.

I'm hoping the Forces of Corruption AI will use the new features to the fullest. I want a more exciting fight!

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2006, 09:19 PM   #2
Valter
Rookie

I agree, the AI seems to invest credits in surplus fighters (80-88 squadrons of A-wings deployed in one battle) instead of deviating credits toward advanced technology levels.

I hope the AI will use corruption effectively in the upcoming expansion. It would be a shame if the game could not reach its' full potential because of something as simple as a challenging AI opponent.

"You will pay the price for your lack of vision!" - Palpatine
Valter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-15-2006, 11:10 AM   #3
RebellYell
Rookie

Imperial AI seems to level up super fast. Ground battles are too easy aswell. Also facing up against a thousand A-Wings gets boring :P
RebellYell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, Imps had better AI I remember.

As for quick tips against 10000 AWings I suggest you to throw in a bunch of Tarts and use the "speed up" function.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2006, 04:32 PM   #5
Darth Anarch

Ah yes, the "A-wing wall". I know it well...

"We think in language; therefore, the quality of our thoughts can only be as good as the quality of our language."

-- George Carlin
Darth Anarch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2006, 07:03 PM   #6
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
As for quick tips against 10000 AWings I suggest you to throw in a bunch of Tarts and use the "speed up" function.
Oh yeah. I can rip 'em to shreds. The problem isn't that the A-Wings are unbeatable, it's that they're boring! I'd love to see the AI build some Star Destroyers and Interdictors, and I'd love to see it use bounty hunters and smugglers on the galactic map. Similarly, I really hope the Zann Consortium AI is capable of utilizing corruption as much as possible.

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2006, 08:29 AM   #7
Darth Anarch

Based on the chat transcript in the other thread, it looks like the AI has been significantly revamped. Maybe now it will produce more diverse forces.

"We think in language; therefore, the quality of our thoughts can only be as good as the quality of our language."

-- George Carlin
Darth Anarch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Forces of Corruption > AI and FoC's new features