lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Tutorial : How to run Grim Fandango on WinXP!!
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #1
Stridoca
Lurker

Tutorial : How to run Grim Fandango on WinXP!!

Hello guys, I was having problem issues with Grim Fandango, it didn't install under WinXP..then, I have opened the CD and copied the files to the correct directory, it works but you can't install the patch on it..so, I asked a friend that has windows 98, to install the patch and send me the files of the update, he send me and I put it on the Grim Fandango directory, I have played it all the way long, finishing it under Windows XP!

Now, I will tell you how to make Grim Fandango work on Windows XP(sorry about my english, I am from Brazil)
PS : Don't mind the WinXP at portuguese language..

****OBS : here is a different solution, an easier one, it will work for Grim Fandango installer too :

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2370547****

1-) Create a directory for Grim Fandango, like this : C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Grim Fandango\

2-) Open the CD1 of Grim Fandango, open the directory GRIMDATA and copy all the files to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Grim Fandango\, like this :

3-) The directory will now look like this :

4-) Now open the CD2 of Grim Fandango, open the directory GRIMDATA and copy all the files to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Grim Fandango\ too, like this(when it says to substitute a file, click Yes) :

5-) The directory will look like this :

6-) The game is working now, but you will need the patch to play it correctly and you can't install the patch without installing the game..so, download the patch in .zip and not in .exe, you can download it here :

Download(Click Here)
Download(Click Here)

7-) Open the GRIMPatch1.1.zip and extract all the files to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Grim Fandango\, like this(when it says to substitute a file, click Yes) :

8-) Now the Grim Fandango directory will be like this :

9-) Execute Grim Fandango.exe and play it! If you have some crash issues, try to setting Windows 98 Compatibility Mode..

If i helped you, let me know..post here or send an email to stridocarox@hotmail.com

Last edited by Stridoca; 10-02-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Stridoca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > Tutorial : How to run Grim Fandango on WinXP!!