lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Bothan Spy Visible?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-18-2006, 01:36 AM   #1
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O

Bothan Spy Visible?

I have heard this both ways, and haven't really seen any evidence to support it one way or the other: When a human Bothay Spy is invisible, can an enemy player view the bothan's name floating above its head (assuming 'show player names' is enabled on the online server)?

Post pictures! Also if you've seen this ingame, what was the AI level set to? Could the name be see on normal AI levels, and hidden on hard?

(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2006, 06:02 AM   #2
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran

Location: The three dimensional geometric shaped space station of DOOM!
No, I don't think the name shows up when cloaked. I've been killed plenty of times by human bothans, and i've only ever seen their names show up after they were visible and had usually killed me. Also as a bothan people don't seem to notice me until I give myself away. So it seems to me names arn't visible.

It might have somthing to do with the difficulty, I almost never pay attention to it online, but I don't think it would.

Not being paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't trying to kill you... or does it?
ParanoidAndroid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2006, 06:50 PM   #3
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, that having said, you can see their names when they uncloak, or semi-cloaked. Also one way to find enemy Bothans is to... bring along an AI. AI won't fire at cloaked Bothans, but they still trace their guns along them...

everyone SHOULD ABUSE THIS as much as you can, and knick them Bothans out of the sky.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2006, 10:29 PM   #4
MandaloreBIC
Rookie

it will only target a bothan if it's a real player, becusae of the stupid game physics, which states that no matter how afar away you are, if you shoot at a target and there's a AI in the enemy's face, it will still shoot at you

"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett
"This doesn't concern you, jedi."-Boba Fett
"He doesn't take a hint, this guy."-Jango Fett
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe."-Jango Fett
"We'll just have to finish him."-Jango Fett
MandaloreBIC is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2006, 11:21 AM   #5
DARTH_SCARZ
Lurker

yep well i have never been able to see an invisible bothans name when it was an enemy but if it is an ally you can see it but ya the ai shouldnt target humans specificly

now if you get energy regeneration you can stay invisible forever but if someone has there volume up they can here the energy regen working and ai do shoot you if you have energy regen as a bothan
DARTH_SCARZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2006, 07:32 PM   #6
Davinq
I wear a fez now

Current Game: Portal
Darn, I was hoping this would cover the topic that the 1.1 Patch has rendered my Bothan's Invisibility null and void, cuz it doesn't work .

Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2006, 07:12 AM   #7
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Being a Bothan is like suicide anyway. I mean you cloak, run to an enemy CP, kill one Stormie, uncloak and about ten Stormtroopers and a sniper totally blow you away.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2006, 02:08 PM   #8
sith_bane
Lurker

i never liked being bothern spy because ur rate of fire is realy slow
sith_bane is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2006, 03:21 PM   #9
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

It's a heat gun, like a flamethrower, there is no rate of fire its just a flame.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2006, 10:43 AM   #10
-(db)-Leader
Rookie

Bothans are actually visible.
I found that out when some other players killed me when they saw me (cloaked)...
xD
-(db)-Leader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2006, 03:13 PM   #11
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, actually Bothans are visible (somewhat, so-called semi-cloaked) when they pickup stuff, or bump into something. Their names only disappear when they are FULLY CLOAKED. Obviously everyons should set the naem tag thingy to be always on, so even an almost invisible bothan can be targeted easily.

Bothans are good only as bomb planter and health buff though they work decent in capturing CPs.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > General Discussion > Bothan Spy Visible?