lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Should Ep. I Deleted Scene #7 have been left out of the movie?
Yes - GL was right to cut the scene out of Ep. I 4 15.38%
No - Deleted Scene #7 should have been in the theatrical release 14 53.85%
I don't care 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Episode I - Deleted Scene #7
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2006, 11:26 PM   #1
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Episode I - Deleted Scene #7

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - Deleted Scene #7 starts out with the young Anakin giving Jira some of the credits Qui-Gon gave to him from the sale of Anakin's podracer.

One of Darth Maul's probe droids is seen floating into the scene as Anakin gives Jira a hug goodbye. The droid follows Anakin as he hurries to catch up with Qui-Gon and slides in close behind the two. Qui-Gon, in one swift motion, ignites his lightsaber and slices the droid in two. He examines the droid's remains and tells Anakin that it's an unusual probe droid he hasn't seen before, looks quickly around the area, and then he and Anakin immediately set off at a run towards the outskirts of Mos Espa.

The entire scene is about 60 seconds long.

The question: Was GL's decision to delete the scene a good choice or would GL have done better by leaving the scene in the movie?

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Episode I - Deleted Scene #7