lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Fanart
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-07-2006, 04:08 PM   #2801
Gruducuuz
Forumite

You just know head-phones would fit under there.

Bahumbug.
Gruducuuz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2006, 04:17 PM   #2802
Mashi An'krekku
Forumite

Aww, it's pretty.

In other news, I sent my Psychonauts Anniversary Egg to DF.

Quote:
I just remembered JUST NOW that I needed to send this to you guys. So happy 4-months-belated Easter! I hope you enjoy your egg!

http://www.deviantart.com/view/33154652/ - "1 year of psychic goodness!"
http://www.deviantart.com/view/33154708/ - Two Headed Baby!
http://www.deviantart.com/view/33154757/ - Treecarving-ish tribute to my favourite in-game couple! (Assuming Raz's last name starts with A.)
http://www.deviantart.com/view/33154776/ - Braaaaaainz!
http://www.deviantart.com/view/33154821/ - Anniversary date!
Info Cow replied:

Quote:
Thanks! Those are great! A liiiiiitle blurry, but the eggs are great.

Also, the Aquabats are great, too. :)

Thanks for the nice mail,

Info Cow
...Last I remembered, dA scraps didn't work and I didn't send them the Aquabats egg, either. xD Info Cow, you work in mysterious ways.

EDIT: Ohhhhh, on the last picture the Aquabats and Jack Spicer eggs can be seen sitting in the little box! Durt-de-dur, where's my helmet?

Last edited by Mashi An'krekku; 08-07-2006 at 05:04 PM.
Mashi An'krekku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2006, 04:30 PM   #2803
Miss_Mayhem

Yeah, you've probably all seen my fanart in my thread, though there is now a Milla piccy up. I have too much free time...the Crystal at age 20 pic makes me wanna do something similiar, but I can't tell what some of the kids would be. Elka for example. She struck me as the snobby heiress, what do you think?
Miss_Mayhem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2006, 08:07 PM   #2804
Klia
The Pitfall

Hot Topic Starter 
There's a Milla pic?

Could you give a new link seeing as how I'm very lazy?
Klia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2006, 08:10 PM   #2805
Miss_Mayhem

Just scroll down to the bottom to see it.

While you can see it in my fanart thread, you can see my fanart on photobucket. My Milla pic, and my Raz pic, and some random camp kids. The onlydifference is that the pics are more true to the original size and look far sharper. That and you can see more of the detail. Except for the last one which only took 20-30 min. while watching an ep of the Simpsons, they all took around an hour or more to complete. Raz was the longest considering i did all the shading. I used some of them fancy artists pencils with the varying lead hardnesess and shades and blended them with cotton balls for large areas and cotton ear swabs for tiny areas. Did it hurt my hands at some point? Yes. Very much.

Last edited by Miss_Mayhem; 08-08-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:18 PM   #2806
Klia
The Pitfall

Hot Topic Starter 
I love it. It's very well thought out and the seperate Millas are pretty cool. It doesn't even bother me that it's angsty

Oh and Paranoidish is not dead. Well, dead on these boards but that doesn't mean I can't once again steal her **** and post it here.

She's going to kill me.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:26 PM   #2807
Miss_Mayhem

I was just in the mood for drawing something angsty, considering I dont draw alot of stuff like that, and the little booklet inside the Pnaut case was just lying around so...yeah... I might still do some shading to it if I ever feel like it. I probably wont, cuz when I finish something I never want to touch the picture or change it in any way , even though I know there's something I should.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:16 PM   #2808
Ray_the_psychic
Veteran

I'll post as soon as my webcam starts working.

You have the insanity of a MANATEE!!!!!!11

I gotta car and now I'm on da road. Watch out highway, here I come!!!!
Ray_the_psychic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #2809
Miss_Mayhem

Dont you mean scanner? You can scan a pic, upload it to deviantart of photobucket and just link to it. Why do you need the webcam? The former seems like less trouble.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:32 AM   #2810
Holly Ziviene
Rookie

I fanarted! :O Of course, I would want to go and draw the most anatomically awkward character in the game, but I managed it somehow! =D;

I may not request that my brain is put into a Dalek shell instead of a brain tank.
Holly Ziviene is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2006, 06:56 PM   #2811
Klia
The Pitfall

Hot Topic Starter 
Man that's the **** that and Bobby/Raz picture you decided to keep away from us.

That or I've been away from here for too long.

Oh, and Ray_the_psychic is using one of my icons that I didn't really make but had fun cropping. Huzzah!

Queen DeDeDe is my hero for not only drawing cute as hell robots but for this:

Gets you out of the dumps

Last edited by Klia; 09-12-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:58 AM   #2812
Holly Ziviene
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klia
that and Bobby/Raz picture you decided to keep away from us.
I didn't post that because:

A) It was a collab. (And yes, Beth is awesome isn't she. )
B) I feared the reaction.

But seeing as it's cool and for those who haven't found it yet, here it is:
IT'S GOGGALICIOUS.

I may not request that my brain is put into a Dalek shell instead of a brain tank.
Holly Ziviene is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-13-2006, 03:50 PM   #2813
Klia
The Pitfall

Hot Topic Starter 
A) I was wondering why it looked different from your usual style-Raz has long hair?
B) You obviously haven't seen the pairings thread.

I plan on digging up the Jasper/Becky fic whatever the hell she calls herself wrote.

And I'm writing a story in which Loboto has some very ambigious views on Oleander.

See I have to admire you artists, I'm taking art classes write now and I didn't realize how much of bitch it is to draw oranges next to apples and to see you all drawing Psychonauts characters totally blows my mind, and the drawings are great. I really enjoy looking at them and laughing at the inside jokes I'm now included with and to see how you have manipulated the characters while still staying true to their essence. (Except for Bobby/Raz which has the total humour aspect to it by creating an opposition to canon which therefore causes it to be ridiculous and therefore creates a certain type of humor. See English does teach you something.)

As of right now, I'm a fanfiction writer (which believe me is no easier than drawing-I've just had years of practice compared to my drawing), though I'm watching the drawing community very closely.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:08 AM   #2814
darlimondoll
Rookie

So. Anybody want some weed?
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39766339/

darlimondoll is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2006, 07:00 AM   #2815
Smon
Bizarro

Current Game: Mega Man
Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Puns. Ugh.

Now I have nightmares. O.O

Those cold dead eyes of DOOM...

I'm done putting links in my signature because every time I do it just links to some old crap I've long since stopped updating.
Smon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-14-2006, 12:59 PM   #2816
darlimondoll
Rookie

Excellent.

darlimondoll is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2006, 10:52 PM   #2817
Digitaldreamer
Rookie

Well, I suppose since I've posted my fics I may as well post my art as well.

Let's see here...

Shut up and do WHAT!?: A quick drawing and CG of one of my favorite scenes in the game. Twas my first decent drawing of Raz and my first attempt at Lili, I think it came out alright.

Older Raz: Okay, so this is sixteen-year old Raz as he appears in my fic, Cursum Perficio. (Link can be found in my sig, by the way. </shameless self-plug>). I think this is one of my favorites, the fire came out really well and I do love Raz's outfit so.

And no, he is never going to abandon the goggles. He needs them so the Den Mother can't pluck out his eyes.

Older Lili: Companion piece to the picture above, this is how Lili appears in my fic. This did admittedly come out better than Raz...which is sad since Raz is my favorite, but Lili came out REALLY well in this, so...yeah.

A Painful Reunion: Alternate title; SNAP CRACKLE POP! Poor, poor Razputin. 'Tis a scene from the Psychonauts role-play I'm in on Fanfiction.net, which happens to be totally awesome. You all should check out my artists comments on this and take a look.

Right...I also have some sketches of the other campers and some unfinished pieces of Sasha and Milla, as well as one of the Thorney Towers crew, but they're not scanned/finished so...eh, I shall be back.

Crits and comments are GREATLY appreciated!

“Raz,” Oleander groaned. “How many times do I have to tell you? You don't have to sneak in here past security every time you come anymore! You can just come in through the gate! You know, like everyone else?”

“Oh, I know. I just like this way better.”

--Cursum Perficio, chapter two, by Digitaldreamer.
Digitaldreamer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-21-2006, 05:27 PM   #2818
Ray_the_psychic
Veteran

That was a good one and my scanner is being fixed right now.

Old 09-24-2006, 05:42 PM   #2819
Digitaldreamer
Rookie

Annnd I have more terrible horrifying crap that should never be considered art to share. I know you're all thrilled.

Mad World: Another illustration of sorts from my fic, Cursum Perficio. Poor Raz has been plagued by recurring nightmares. They weren't so bad at first, but lately he can't even close his eyes without having one. This leaves our favorite young Psychonaut with little choice but to drink as much coffee as possible and hope for the best.

Poor guy.

The goggles came out a bit wonky and there's some odd spots here and there, but overall I really like this. I think it expresses poor Raz's exhaustion pretty well. The lyrics come from the song "Mad World" by Gary Jules. It's an incrediably depressing song but...well, what can I say? I love it.

Crits and comments are greatly appreciated!

“Raz,” Oleander groaned. “How many times do I have to tell you? You don't have to sneak in here past security every time you come anymore! You can just come in through the gate! You know, like everyone else?”

Old 09-24-2006, 10:11 PM   #2820
Miss_Mayhem

I can draw alright bur coloring...damn, you got that down pat!
Old 09-24-2006, 10:19 PM   #2821
DarthAve
A Little Nugget

Current Game: OFF
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Wow, Older Raz is like SUPER HOT in your pictures.

Duck Elton, Raz is my new Psychonauts fan obsession.

"A few times in my life I've had moments of absolute clarity. When for a few brief seconds, the silence drowns out the noise and I can feel rather than think, and things seem so sharp and the world seems so fresh. I can never make these moments last. I cling to them, but like everything, they fade. I've lived my life on these moments. They pull me back to the present and I realize that everything is exactly the way it was meant to be."
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2006, 03:11 PM   #2822
Ray_the_psychic
Veteran

Uh-oh Darth has a new psychonauts fan obsession. Everyone run and duck and cover.

"Run for cover! Throw me a shotgun! Get the women folk inside!*sigh* I really must stop watching human television"- Orthopox

If you can guess what game that quote's from then i will give you a free chocolate on saturday which by the way is my b-day.

I want a pair of red-tinted aviator goggles.
And maybe...... you know....... like some....... CASH!!!!!!!11

Old 09-30-2006, 12:15 AM   #2823
Odd
Rookie

Destroy All Humans.
Chocolate. Now.
Odd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2006, 11:01 AM   #2824
Poopdogjr

Neato-completo!

Poopdogjr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2006, 11:55 AM   #2825
zelda 41
Loop Zoop

Current Game: P4G/Pokemon X
I'm making in art class a Lili sculpture, if it counts. I hope it turns out good.

zelda 41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #2826
Digitaldreamer
Rookie

Oh~! When you're done, I definitely want to see that sculpture!

Anyway, I come once again with more art!

A Failed Escape -Cursum Perficio: Yes, I know, more CP art. Hey, what can I say? It's fun.

It's a long story that I'm not going to tell you for fear of spoiling things, but long story short, Raz and my villian got in a fight. Some say it was over whose footwear was cooler. As you can see, my villian's kickass boots beat Raz in that respect. Actually there's a better reason as to why they fought and why Raz got PWNED, but saying it was over who has the snazzier footwear is more amusing and involves less spoilers.

Poor Raz. I'm such a cruel person to draw him so beat up...but I needed the practice with CGing blood and stuff, soo...sorry Raz!

So right, this is the first view the general internet gets of my villian (whom shall remain being referred to as that until he actually shows up in the fic), as you can see he has very snazzy boots. Also, his lab/secret lair is pretty darn awesome. Although I didn't do to well on his labs awesomeness since I did a pretty junky, quick job on the background.

So yes, I know the background is terrid, but other than that I'm proud of this. Crits and comments are greatly appreciated~!

Old 10-01-2006, 08:49 PM   #2827
zelda 41
Loop Zoop

It won't be normal colors, though. We have to glaze it bronze.

I might send it to Double Fine, if I can find it's email address...

Old 10-02-2006, 07:36 PM   #2828
Digitaldreamer
Rookie

Whee, time for more arts. This time it wasn't art from my fic though, for once...

Mikhail and Maloof

I think they came out pretty good in my style, all things considered. Maybe I'll draw more of the other campers and characters, they're pretty fun...

Old 10-07-2006, 10:45 PM   #2829
zelda 41
Loop Zoop

Finally managed to get some fanart up:

It'd be Lili!

It sucks cause I made it like five minutes ago.^^

Old 10-07-2006, 11:00 PM   #2830
Digitaldreamer
Rookie

Aww, but it's cute~! I love it!

...SAD GIRL IN SNOW!111oneone

Old 10-08-2006, 05:32 PM   #2831
zelda 41
Loop Zoop

Thank you! I just hope my sculpture turns out as good.

Old 10-13-2006, 11:42 PM   #2832
Digitaldreamer
Rookie

Whee, fanart time~!

Moonlit Duress: Yes, yes, more art from my Psychonauts fanfic. I'm sure you're all getting sick of it, but I just had to draw this scene.

I gotta admit, I'm really proud of this one. The CG came out excellant, makes up for my last crappy one by a ton. There are a few mistakes here and there, but overall I'm really proud of it, especially the background and the lighting.

So right, in this scene Lili finally showed up at Camp Whispering Rock, considerably angry with Raz since he ran off without saying anything. After slapping him silly she decides she wants to stick around to try and help Raz out. However, Raz is trying as hard as he can to push her away. He wants her to stay, he wants to see her so badly it hurts...but his nightmares say otherwise. While he cannot remember those nightmares, he does remember they always involve Lili dying right before his eyes. So he wants to see her, desprately so. But he can't. So he pleads with her to leave, and he can't tell her why, because if he tells her why that will just make her want to stay more and he can't have that because he doesn't want to see her hurt.

They argue over this for a good while, with Raz getting more and more desperate and frustrated. Finally Lili just quite suddenly hugs and stops him, leading to this final bit and the scene in the picture above.

Raz bit his lip, shivering slightly. However, he said nothing. He just stayed there, keeping his gaze fixed on the moon above, trying to ignore the feel of her arms around him. She wasn't going to listen to him. She was staying. He hadn't tried hard enough. And he knew now, even if he tried, he wouldn't mean it anymore...because he'd failed in keeping away.

Damn it all.

Lili let out a soft sigh, holding him for another moment, then released him, stepping away, though her hand remained entwined with his for a moment. “Raz, look at me.” She pleaded.

He didn't move.

“Raz...” She started, then sighed and tried again. “I talked to Oleander, he's going to let me be a counselor here. I'm staying.”

“...Fine.” He mumbled dully.

Lili squeezed his hand lightly, trying to get some sort of reaction. A few seconds ticked by, however, and she finally gave up. She stood up on tiptoes, over the years he had finally grown enough to have a few inches on her, and kissed him lightly on the cheek. “I love you.”

No reply. Her shoulders slumped, her apathetic mask falling back into place.

“Good night, Raz.” She whispered, though the emotion that had been in her previous statement was gone.

“...Night.”

She released his hand, then turned and walked back towards the counselor's cabins.

Even with his sweater and scarf, Raz couldn't help but find that summer night was oddly cold.

Old 10-30-2006, 05:03 PM   #2833
psy-patch
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitaldreamer
Whee, fanart time~!

Moonlit Duress: Yes, yes, more art from my Psychonauts fanfic. I'm sure you're all getting sick of it, but I just had to draw this scene.

I gotta admit, I'm really proud of this one. The CG came out excellant, makes up for my last crappy one by a ton. There are a few mistakes here and there, but overall I'm really proud of it, especially the background and the lighting.

So right, in this scene Lili finally showed up at Camp Whispering Rock, considerably angry with Raz since he ran off without saying anything. After slapping him silly she decides she wants to stick around to try and help Raz out. However, Raz is trying as hard as he can to push her away. He wants her to stay, he wants to see her so badly it hurts...but his nightmares say otherwise. While he cannot remember those nightmares, he does remember they always involve Lili dying right before his eyes. So he wants to see her, desprately so. But he can't. So he pleads with her to leave, and he can't tell her why, because if he tells her why that will just make her want to stay more and he can't have that because he doesn't want to see her hurt.

They argue over this for a good while, with Raz getting more and more desperate and frustrated. Finally Lili just quite suddenly hugs and stops him, leading to this final bit and the scene in the picture above.

Raz bit his lip, shivering slightly. However, he said nothing. He just stayed there, keeping his gaze fixed on the moon above, trying to ignore the feel of her arms around him. She wasn't going to listen to him. She was staying. He hadn't tried hard enough. And he knew now, even if he tried, he wouldn't mean it anymore...because he'd failed in keeping away.

Damn it all.

Lili let out a soft sigh, holding him for another moment, then released him, stepping away, though her hand remained entwined with his for a moment. “Raz, look at me.” She pleaded.

He didn't move.

“Raz...” She started, then sighed and tried again. “I talked to Oleander, he's going to let me be a counselor here. I'm staying.”

“...Fine.” He mumbled dully.

Lili squeezed his hand lightly, trying to get some sort of reaction. A few seconds ticked by, however, and she finally gave up. She stood up on tiptoes, over the years he had finally grown enough to have a few inches on her, and kissed him lightly on the cheek. “I love you.”

No reply. Her shoulders slumped, her apathetic mask falling back into place.

“Good night, Raz.” She whispered, though the emotion that had been in her previous statement was gone.

“...Night.”

She released his hand, then turned and walked back towards the counselor's cabins.

Even with his sweater and scarf, Raz couldn't help but find that summer night was oddly cold.
You have been commented by anime-underdog on Deviant art. ^-^
psy-patch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2006, 10:20 AM   #2834
shinzuku
I am a ninja!

Hot Topic Starter 
Ahhh, it burns. It burns.
Just kidding. The picture is cute.

"The kraken stirs.
Ten thousand sushi dinner cry for vengeance."

shinzuku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2007, 03:46 AM   #2835
Digitaldreamer
Rookie

So I've been working all night on this and it's pretty much awesome.

Demon's Requiem

SPOILERS FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T READ CHAPTER FOURTEEN OF CURSUM PERFICIO AND PLAN ON DOING SO!

(For those of you whom have no idea what I'm talking about, Cursum Perficio is my crazy epic fanfic for the most excellant game Psychonauts. If you haven't read it, you should totally go here and do so. )

...right, now that that's out of the way. So um...this is Raz...and uh...right, so basically he's got this super, insanely powerful, God/Demon thing in his head called Vritra. We're talking like...he can annhilate entire cities with the flick of a hand. Yeah, powerful. Unfortunately, dorment in Raz's head, unless he allows it to take over...and if Raz does, there's really nothing holding the thing back from pretty much destroying mankind.

Unfortunately for Raz, Nereus kind of wants to destroy mankind, thus he decided to pretty much beat the living crap out of Raz until he lets Vritra out. Long story short, he pretty much killed Raz, but he got the demon out...

And uh, this was the result. Yeah. The um...green and red stuff is the reminants of his scarf...don't even ask what happened to the sweater, because I don't know either. Haven't you ever heard of er, fan-artists service? *grins weakly* Besides, the sweater would have taken away from the effect, I think.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm really, really, REALLY proud of this. There are a few issues here and there, but overall...yeah. I love it.

Crits and comments are VERY greatly appreciated!

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Psychonauts Discussion at Razputin's Domain > Razputin's Domain Forums > Thorney Towers Creativity Room > Fanart