After a long hiatus I’ve updated Psychonauts Explorer. Besides a range of tweaks and fixes the main feature of this release is better image/texture support. Images can now be saved as DDS files, saving is quicker and those images that previously had ‘jaggies’ are now drawn correctly
New in version 1.3
- As requested, images can now be saved as DDS files
- Added ‘Save all text’ function
- Icons have been replaced with 32 bit icons. These will look much better on XP and Vista, but may look worse on earlier versions of Windows. This release has only been tested with XP
- Saving individual images is now quicker
- Image resizing/resampling has been updated. It should now give better results
- Fixed a small memory leak
- Fixed a glitch with file extensions when saving files
- Fixed errors when opening an empty archive (cabhmusic.isb)
- Fixed ‘jaggies’ problem that affected some images
Some of the things that you can do with the latest version of Psychonauts Explorer:
Visit the site
View the readme/help here
- Open and dump files from all Psychonauts archives.
- Display a preview of (dds) images.
- Save images as JPEG, BMP, PNG or DDS.
- Resize and apply a resampling filter to images.
- Extract and save music and speech as wav and ogg files.
- Work with the PC, XBox and PS2 versions of Psychonauts.
- View the contents of many other Psychonauts files.