lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Joy oh joy - Fallout 3 is coming!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-21-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
HappyMojo
Rookie

Joy oh joy - Fallout 3 is coming!

Just noticed this today. Even if this is old news.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/617/617108p1.html
http://www.slipperybrick.com/2007/01...xbox-near-you/

Tell me that I'm not the only fallout fan here =)

Currently working on: [Fic] Honour Bound
HappyMojo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #2
Kitty Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMojo
Just noticed this today. Even if this is old news.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/617/617108p1.html
http://www.slipperybrick.com/2007/01...xbox-near-you/

Tell me that I'm not the only fallout fan here =)
Far from it, but forgive me if I don't do any back flips about it just yet.

As you probably know, die hard fans of the series have been promised a Fallout 3 ever since Fallout 2 shipped, but so far no one has delivered.

Admittedly, it's looking more and more like Bethesda may actually come through (eventually), but at this point, the gaming industry had gone through so many changes that I'm only really able to remain cautiously optimistic. If all we get is some kind of Morrowind/Oblivion hybrid set in a post-apocalyptic world with ray-guns, IMO it will fall horribly short of anything that deserves the name Fallout.

I've also been hearing some disturbing reports about Bethesda's ethics and practices as we move out of their "Morrowind era" and into the "Oblivion age", which again gives me pause, though somehow I do still retain just enough hope that perhaps I'll get the game I've been waiting and hoping for since 1998.

You never know.. Every now and then the game companies still toss you a solid curve ball and pleasantly surprise you.

-Kitt

Kitty Kitty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #3
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Kitty
Far from it, but forgive me if I don't do any back flips about it just yet.

As you probably know, die hard fans of the series have been promised a Fallout 3 ever since Fallout 2 shipped, but so far no one has delivered.

Admittedly, it's looking more and more like Bethesda may actually come through (eventually), but at this point, the gaming industry had gone through so many changes that I'm only really able to remain cautiously optimistic. If all we get is some kind of Morrowind/Oblivion hybrid set in a post-apocalyptic world with ray-guns, IMO it will fall horribly short of anything that deserves the name Fallout.

I've also been hearing some disturbing reports about Bethesda's ethics and practices as we move out of their "Morrowind era" and into the "Oblivion age", which again gives me pause, though somehow I do still retain just enough hope that perhaps I'll get the game I've been waiting and hoping for since 1998.

You never know.. Every now and then the game companies still toss you a solid curve ball and pleasantly surprise you.

-Kitt
I agree with Kitty. To me the best Elder Scrolls game was Daggerfall. Fallout 3 will be to politically correct (e.g. no kids, No risky behavior).

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

They have stated that "we gonna do what we do best", that means it probaly be like oblivion and in that case i wont care. I really want to play Fallout3, but to be Fallout it can't be politically correct like Arátoeldar stated.
But you can always hope that they do it good, and that means the game most be for "Mature" people, and i dont think Bethesda will set the game to "Mature"
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Joy oh joy - Fallout 3 is coming!