lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: From Official: KOTOR not finished, but a ways off?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-27-2006, 01:15 PM   #41
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
Prime is on top of things as usual.

However, why do I get the feeling this is just another string-along?

The 2007 and some of 2008's games will be advertised, developed, released, played, reviewed and discarded before continuing on to KotOR3 from what it sounds like.

I still fear we have quite a bit of time before setting off after Revan.

Still, it is refreshing to see KotOR written about positively.

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2006, 01:50 PM   #42
kotorfan84
Rookie

Anyone think that there could be more news by the time the E3 comes around?
kotorfan84 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2006, 01:53 PM   #43
Master Kavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotorfan84
Anyone think that there could be more news by the time the E3 comes around?
There's not going to be another E3, so I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you. If they are working on it, they'll talk about it on their own schedule, or for next years Tokyo gameshow.
Master Kavar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2006, 02:00 PM   #44
kotorfan84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Kavar
There's not going to be another E3, so I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you. If they are working on it, they'll talk about it on their own schedule, or for next years Tokyo gameshow.
Really? Why?
kotorfan84 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2006, 02:21 PM   #45
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Not enough benefit for the cost, basically.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2006, 02:21 PM   #46
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotorfan84
Really? Why?
Losing too much money.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2006, 09:51 PM   #47
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

This is a great find. I never gave up hope that there would be a KotOR III (I almost did though) but now I know that it must be made. And as much as I would like to see it soon, if it doesn't come out till 2008-2009, then that's fine by me. Just as long as they are spending all they're time making it the best Star Wars gaming experience ever.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2006, 10:18 PM   #48
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
There's not going to be another E3, so I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you.
Not true. E3 is still happening it's just been reformulated and scaled down for the reasons already mentioned. E3 2007 is currently scheduled for July 11-13 in Santa Monica, California, USA. See http://www.e3insider.com/portal/ for more details.
Quote:
If they are working on it, they'll talk about it on their own schedule, or for next years Tokyo gameshow.
This could be true but there is still a distinct possibility that major publishers and developers will choose E3 to make major announcements. I think this is a wait-and-see on this one.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2006, 11:02 PM   #49
Master Kavar

I stand corrected...and gladly so. I didn't want to see the event go away, as long as we get a sneak peak at next years games I'll be happy. But I still wouldn't count on seeing anything by E3, even a mention.
Master Kavar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2006, 11:38 PM   #50
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus Q'ol
However, why do I get the feeling this is just another string-along?
Hmmm... Would you rather LucasArts not say anything about their intentions for the KotOR franchise? As for myself I was starting to think things like maybe Jim Ward and Peter Hirschmann didn't want to do any more SW RPG's or they had dropped KotOR in favor of making games to go with the new SW TV shows. I had nothing to go on other than LEC reps commenting on bunches of their games that weren't related to KotOR.

I took Nancy MacIntyre's statement as a welcome reassurance that LEC hasn't abandoned KotOR (or Battlefront though I'm less interested in that game series). If LEC hasn't announced something solid about another KotOR game by this time next year though I hope they do take the time to give KotOR fans another confidence booster like this one. If that happens though I think I'll be thinking more like you are now.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Old 11-28-2006, 03:54 AM   #51
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
Huh, can't believe I didn't see this post of Prime's sooner, it is reassuring to know that KotOR is still being thought about, and now my hope moves on to a potential KotOR 3 being released with a mod toolset, don't get me wrong we owe pretty much everything to the efforts of those such as Fred_Tetra and cchargin, but it would be nice to see LA really support the modding community.

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-28-2006, 11:26 AM   #52
Jeremia Skywalk
Rookie

Another reason to upgrade my RAM and get a new video card. Though with this it is starting to seem, that my Pentium 4.6 might not be enough (now THAT would suck). Even though those are real great news. KOTOR for life I just hope they don't make a game with Revan fighting True Sith. Or actualy i hope it doesn't have to do much with either Revan, Exile, nor True Sith.
Jeremia Skywalk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-30-2006, 06:34 PM   #53
Xaris Vynn
Rookie

Quote:
She adds, “There will be one mega one like Star Wars ’07 and another that might be somewhat more specific, for more of a specific Star Wars audience.
even though it is unlikely I am hoping that the "specific Star Wars Audience is the Kotor Fans

Nice post Prime!! This makes me feel that all the searching for news about KIII has not been a waste of time.
Xaris Vynn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2006, 07:47 PM   #54
Clone L68362
Forumite

I knew it would happen someday...phew!

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2006, 12:25 AM   #55
Beast-Thrasher
Rookie

I was glad to read this little thing about KOTOR, it's good that they haven't planned on abandoning it, that said the earliest I would expect a KOTOR announcement or anything else of KOTOR would be maybe October next year but even if theres isn't I'm ok, I'm playing my 3rd KOTOR game out of 6 and I have 4 other playthroughs of K2 that will last me until Jul, maybe and then I'm gonna get NeverWinter Nights 2 because it looks pretty good and one of my roomates is buying it so it will be neat to play over a LAN thing, anyway good news for a KIII keeps me satisfied for now. I'll be keeping busy for the next few months anyway.
Beast-Thrasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2006, 09:32 AM   #56
Browny11uk
Rookie

yay some news im off for a big search on kotor 3
Browny11uk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2007, 09:11 AM   #57
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

In an interesting development to this story, Nancy MacIntyre, the LucasArts VP who made this statement, has just left LucasArts for an executive vice president position at Leapfrog Enterprises.

Source: PR Newswire

Of course I don't think this means her statement about LucasArts not leaving the Battlefront and KotOR series behind wasn't true, just that we won't be hearing any more KotOR info from her since she no longer works at LucasArts.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #58
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Ohh, no, now I'm worried, i may just be jumping to conclusions but if she already left LA when she did the first interview but just didn't tell them she already left, maybe she lied or something about not abandoning the kotor franchise's, meh, but why would she lie, nope I'm jumping to conclusions, i have to be, i just have to.

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #59
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
This doesn't change anything one way or the other. Good for her moving to a larger role though.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #60
Imoras
Rookie

if you go to the official Bioware site under the games tab you'll see they're developing a "new next gen game"
maybe Kotor3?
also there's "new handheld game" and considering this "you will likely see us do some sort of Star Wars handheld game" maybe Bioware is working on two star wars games for LA?
Just my speculations

edit:

mind you i decided to check Bioware's site after i read somewhere that they might be developing Kotor3
i thought its a strange run of coincidences...
Imoras is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #61
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imoras
if you go to the official Bioware site under the games tab you'll see they're developing a "new next gen game"
maybe Kotor3?
also there's "new handheld game" and considering this "you will likely see us do some sort of Star Wars handheld game" maybe Bioware is working on two star wars games for LA?
Just my speculations

edit:

mind you i decided to check Bioware's site after i read somewhere that they might be developing Kotor3
i thought its a strange run of coincidences...
Bioware will not do K3. Because they don't own the Intellectual Property rights.

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Old 02-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #62
Imoras
Rookie

Duh...They didn't own the intelectual property rights when they made Kotor 1 as well, did they?
Old 02-06-2007, 10:13 PM   #63
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imoras
Duh...They didn't own the intellectual property rights when they made Kotor 1 as well, did they?
Nor was Bioware as well of financially as they now. Bioware had not publicly stated they would only do their Intellectual Properties.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:50 PM   #64
Imoras
Rookie

Well i'm not trying to convince you of anything
Its my firm belief and hope that Bioware will be developing Kotor 3 and that this next gen game is indeed Kotor 3
I'm not forcing you to believe it
Just mentioned it cuz i found the run of coincidences interesting
Old 02-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #65
Mister Chief
Rookie

People don't seem to understand that the situation has changed since bioware stated that they will focus on thier own ip. They never said that they won't do liscenced work again, just that they needed to work on establishing thier own franchises. Since that statement, they have gone through a merger, completed Mass Effect (with plans for two more)(also Dragon Age has come a long ways) and even said that they are looking to balance big name titles to thier own i.p..
Mister Chief is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > From Official: KOTOR not finished, but a ways off?