lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Scratched Grim Fandango CD
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-16-2005, 06:47 PM   #1
TyraaRane

Scratched Grim Fandango CD

Okay, so, somehow, my Grim Fandango Disc A got scratched up. I have no idea how, but I suspect my ancient and creaky laptop of something; its CD drive has been having issues lately (it's in a bit of a downward slide and shoud hopefully kick the bucket sometime soon). I thought it worked fine, since I told it to "resume last saved game," my last save was somewhere in Year 3, and it worked fine. But trying to start a new game results in my computer hanging up for a long time until it finally crashes back to the desktop.

Oops.

So, since I bought this game about a year ago...is there a way I can get a replacement disc from LucasArts, or am I going to have to buy the game over again?
TyraaRane is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2005, 07:58 PM   #2
Metallus
Episodic!

Old News! LFN Staff Member Notable contributor Forum Veteran 
Uh, I'm not sure. Both my game CDs (in the cardboard sleeve thing) cracked when I was in the process of moving a few years ago, and I eventually just spent 10 bucks on a new copy (jewel case). I imagine it might be worth finding out, but do you have proof of purchase? I think you have to destroy some part of the instruction manual or game box to obtain it

Guy.
Metallus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2005, 08:35 PM   #3
Jake
INSANE

Current Game: Tales of MI
Old News! LFN Staff Member 
Even if the game can't play itself properly, have you tried giving the CD's a good wipedown and burning copies of them? Occasionally you can get a successful burn from a CD even if its scratched, and then just use those instead. Not a guarantee, but worth a shot.

Visit: The International House of Mojo - Sam & Max.net - Thumbs - [url=http://www.telltalegames.com]Telltale Games
Jake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2005, 09:30 AM   #4
TyraaRane

Well, good news. I tried polishing up the original CD a bit and then burning a copy, and it worked. The burned copy is able to launch the game, at least, so I'm assuming all the data was recovered fine. Whew. Thanks for your help!
TyraaRane is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2007, 10:48 AM   #5
lost_gamer
Lurker

Exclamation Where oh where?

Dude, where did you find another copy of GF? I've been looking all over. And even if you could find a downloadable full version for me that would be fine. Just anything. Please. - Very desperate.
lost_gamer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2007, 12:11 PM   #6
ssdsa
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_gamer
Dude, where did you find another copy of GF? I've been looking all over. And even if you could find a downloadable full version for me that would be fine. Just anything. Please. - Very desperate.
Quite simple: eBay!
ssdsa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > Help! > Scratched Grim Fandango CD