lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Various Modding Tools (2DA, TLK, DLG, Search)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-20-2007, 08:00 AM   #41
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristykistic
All this just because I wanted to try my hand at owner drawn menus. Although I do like them, I'm not sure they're worth this much trouble. Anyway...

Test #14
That version seems to have fixed the new menu problem as well. I haven't stumbled across any other bugs yet. I'll keep testing it though and post if I spot anything more.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #42
Kristy Kistic

I have uploaded another copy of the 2da editor.
  • I fixed an issue where it wasn't opening the passed file if associated with 2da files.
  • Various fixes to the row indexing when adding or removing rows.
  • Completely new GetOpenFileName Dialog (menu Open or Save As). This was originally referenced back in post #21. When I fixed it the first time it was still open to certain errors. So I need to know if the menus File / Open, File / Save As, and View / Flexgrid Font works ok. If they work properly I'll update my other programs with this.

Test #15

Kristy Kistic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2007, 08:14 AM   #43
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy Kistic
So I need to know if the menus File / Open, File / Save As, and View / Flexgrid Font works ok. If they work properly I'll update my other programs with this.

Test #15
They seemed to work fine here when I tested. Though the "Places" bar (or whatever it's called, the palette to the left containing quick-icons for Desktop, My Documents, My Computer etc...) seems to be missing in the Open and Save dialog boxes.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:10 PM   #44
Kristy Kistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru stoffe
They seemed to work fine here when I tested. Though the "Places" bar (or whatever it's called, the palette to the left containing quick-icons for Desktop, My Documents, My Computer etc...) seems to be missing in the Open and Save dialog boxes.
Hopefully this fixes that.

Test #16

Old 01-25-2007, 11:06 AM   #45
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy Kistic
Hopefully this fixes that.

Test #16
Still no places bar visible in the Open/Save dialog boxes.

Noticed a few other minor things as well. If you try to save when no file has been opened you get some rather cryptic error messages. If you do "Undo all changes" when no file has been loaded the application freezes forcing you to use the Task Manager to kill it. Perhaps those menu choices should be dimmed when they are not applicable?
Old 02-08-2007, 12:11 PM   #46
Kristy Kistic

I have updated the pack with all fixes listed in this thread.

Additionally, I have added a feature to the 2da editor that will copy a row to the clipboard in the format that the TSLPatcher uses. So all you have to do is click the 'Copy Row to Clipboard for TSLPatcher' menu item and then paste it into your changes.ini.

I did all the things Stoffe suggested in the post above, except make the places bar show in the Open/Save dialog boxes. The only means I have of testing this is through other people and I don't think its that big of an issue right now. (I would imagine Stoffe was tired of it, too.)

Additionally, I finally got the control to scroll properly with minor hacks. (Thank you, Jesus!) This had been a serious turn off about the editor.

Available from my FileFront page.

Last edited by Kristy Kistic; 02-11-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:30 PM   #47
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
I'll being test it this weekend for you KK since I started slacking on the earlier versions.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > Various Modding Tools (2DA, TLK, DLG, Search)