lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Fall to the Dark Side in the Hidden Tomb
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-08-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Fall to the Dark Side in the Hidden Tomb

This is a very cool trick that can allow you to gain some DS points, as well as make you feel as if you are being seduced to the Dark Side in that Hidden Tomb...

1) Enter the Hidden Tomb.
2) Somehow find a vision (either a vision of Malak, the Mandalorians, or Kreia).
3) Purposely lose against the visions (just press B to cancel out of battling, and watch as everyone slash at you endlessly).
4) Watch what happens next.

You stand up, very wounded from the attack of the visions. After "talking" to Kreia, you gain some Dark Side Points.

...So what? Why is this important?

Well, it is a tie-in into some of the EU content which talks about how evil tombs are. You see Exar Kun getting crushed by the rocks, and he is told either to die or to fall to the Dark Side. Exar Kun choosen the Dark Side, because he does not want to die.

And we see the same thing right here. You get attacked by the visions, and "die", only to be resurrected because The Exile give into the will of the Tomb and fell to the DS. This is an awesome tie-in into the fall of Exar Kun (and maybe a hint of the True Sith, since I wonder if the True Sith acutally reside in holocrons and places of learning, and not an empire, per se).

It's a nice content that pretty cool, for a game that is admittingly lacking. It makes the Sith Tombs seems much more scarier and more dangerous. The text states that entering into these tombs leaves one exposed to the Dark Side...and here you are, exposed to the Dark Side, and forced to embrace it.

Note, you have to be killed by the visions, and not by the creatures who reside in the tomb. Those creatures are real, and if you get killed by them, you have to reload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2007, 02:05 AM   #2
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
So that's why you get DS points if you lose against the visions. I like that, well spotted SilentScope001.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #3
martmeister
Veteran

Current Game: FO3, G/2, DA, CODMF2
Indeed, it makes much sense now. Thanks.
martmeister is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #4
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Nice. Very observant, SilentScope001.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2007, 08:19 PM   #5
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

Nice, i wouldn't of noticed that if i tried.
Carlo El Sanchez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #6
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Well pointed out. I suppose I, for instance, wouldnt be capable of finding out such things.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #7
Venom750
Veteran

Does this also tie in with the way you compaions can learn new DS powers in the tomb of freedam nadd??

I not paranoid it's everyone else

Venom750 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Fall to the Dark Side in the Hidden Tomb