lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Source code's
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-18-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
stoiss
Rookie
 
stoiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16
Source code's

How can i get does source codes?
i saw in you redeme doc that i could get it if i ask about it nicely
stoiss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
Tinny
 
Tinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,188
Hmm, try this:

https://opensvn.csie.org/ojp/Basic/d...P_Editing.html


Redeemed!

An old school mod for jedi academy.
Tinny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2007, 09:11 PM   #3
stoiss
Rookie
 
stoiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinny
Ty i hope i can use it
stoiss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
Tinny
 
Tinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,188
Yeah man, a lot of work and love from many people were contributed to that so hopefully you'll find it useful.


Redeemed!

An old school mod for jedi academy.
Tinny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2007, 09:34 PM   #5
stoiss
Rookie
 
stoiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinny
Yeah man, a lot of work and love from many people were contributed to that so hopefully you'll find it useful.

Is this the same saber code they use to Mb2 ?
i like to know how that works.. have the make it manual in the code to do does movement or is that in the animasion?
stoiss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2007, 11:43 PM   #6
madcatmach2
Rookie
 
madcatmach2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 206
trust me the saber in enhances is beeter than anything an mb2

madcatmach2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2007, 03:30 AM   #7
JRHockney*
Moderator
 
JRHockney*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,255
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcatmach2
trust me the saber in enhances is beeter than anything an mb2
Thanks madcat!

yeah, while MB2 focused most of their time on classes, gameplay balance, and used an older version of our saber system as the basis for theirs, we've spent alot more time overall on our Enhanced sabersystem and most agree that the results show. Only more recently have we tried hard to balance our general gameplay. Give it a go on either 0.0.9r or my slightly newer version of it, but be sure to read the sabermanual thats on this forum (or look at my thread for my code if you choose that).


Game screen name: Master Jon Hoc Ni

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
JRHockney* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2007, 07:44 AM   #8
stoiss
Rookie
 
stoiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRHockney*
Thanks madcat!

yeah, while MB2 focused most of their time on classes, gameplay balance, and used an older version of our saber system as the basis for theirs, we've spent alot more time overall on our Enhanced sabersystem and most agree that the results show. Only more recently have we tried hard to balance our general gameplay. Give it a go on either 0.0.9r or my slightly newer version of it, but be sure to read the sabermanual thats on this forum (or look at my thread for my code if you choose that).
Ty for the info therer

I have try you 0.0.9 version it is a awesome mod but i like the way i can move the saber in mb2 so as i ask becours is that the animaston they have use to set it liek that or is it the code's they have but in to make the saber move like that ?

can you plz post link to where you have make a list of how to make the saber system source right ? i got errors when i try to set it in right

Last edited by stoiss; 02-19-2007 at 11:30 AM.
stoiss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2007, 07:30 PM   #9
JRHockney*
Moderator
 
JRHockney*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,255
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoiss
Ty for the info therer

I have try you 0.0.9 version it is a awesome mod but i like the way i can move the saber in mb2 so as i ask becours is that the animaston they have use to set it liek that or is it the code's they have but in to make the saber move like that ?

can you plz post link to where you have make a list of how to make the saber system source right ? i got errors when i try to set it in right
Sorry I'm not entirely sure what your saying here. Except for Maxstates replacement animations being in our 0.0.9r, the base animations that we use are the same as MB2's and we actually have alot more freedom in how and when we swing it; but if I understand you right, its not the combat system of mb2 that you are looking for, but more how the saber and the trial looks when you swing it in MB2. Their sabers are called SFX sabers and are almost entirely code based. The cool thing is, we actually have access to those SFX sabers for our enhanced mod thanks to Lathain. My own code has a them in it with access to them through a cvar that lathain created. Check them out to see if thats what your talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vj4gwn1TAA


Game screen name: Master Jon Hoc Ni

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
JRHockney* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2007, 08:29 PM   #10
stoiss
Rookie
 
stoiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16
nice movie
But im not sure if it is the sfx saber you are talking about, im try to upload a video so you can see what i mean but is a bot im fight whit so it might be hard to see what i mean..

I like the saber system as the way i can move the saber, and use a block butten to defend my self whit my saber.. but what i like to have to, is when i hold both left and right butten down that i defend whit it to as we not do in Mb2.. do you understand what i mean now ? i hope or else when my upload is donw i post it in here so you can see it

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...70634249752437

as you see i move the saber in a mom to sure you what i mean to the left and to the right down and and up.. i like to could do hat whit me saber system but also so but block in to it so i can block in all ways i like to do to make it look more realistic if you knwo what i mean...

Last edited by stoiss; 02-19-2007 at 09:40 PM.
stoiss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2007, 01:13 AM   #11
JRHockney*
Moderator
 
JRHockney*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,255
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoiss
nice movie
But im not sure if it is the sfx saber you are talking about, im try to upload a video so you can see what i mean but is a bot im fight whit so it might be hard to see what i mean..

I like the saber system as the way i can move the saber, and use a block butten to defend my self whit my saber.. but what i like to have to, is when i hold both left and right butten down that i defend whit it to as we not do in Mb2.. do you understand what i mean now ? i hope or else when my upload is donw i post it in here so you can see it

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...70634249752437

as you see i move the saber in a mom to sure you what i mean to the left and to the right down and and up.. i like to could do hat whit me saber system but also so but block in to it so i can block in all ways i like to do to make it look more realistic if you knwo what i mean...

oh your talking about the Mblock in MB2. We use to have it like that in very early OJP versions. But the block button was spammed too much and there wasn't enough swinging going on to make it movie realistic, so we switched to that autoblock feature as hits and added parries for true blocking even while swinging and comboing. In our newer versions, we added sort of a preblock animation for when your opponent swings at you, which makes things look pretty nice as it is. To parry a swing in our mod, you just move into the swing with directional keys and you can even be swinging while you do it. The whole "one hit and your dead" in MB2 also makes that saber system slower than we like here. MB2s swingblocking helps it a little, but its often not worth while enough to do. If you do your mod in a similar fashion, having a way to swing block will be very improtant for the pace of your saber combat.

As far as coding it, it shouldn't be that hard for the most part. Its just a matter of finding someone to do it or just playing around with the bg_saber.c and w_saber.c code for a while.


Game screen name: Master Jon Hoc Ni

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
JRHockney* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2007, 07:13 AM   #12
stoiss
Rookie
 
stoiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16
okay so you say that the way i move the saber like i did you know when i use the block butten and i can move the saber like i want to.. is that the animation or is that the codeing i need to make? i ask so i just understand it right
stoiss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2007, 07:20 PM   #13
JRHockney*
Moderator
 
JRHockney*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,255
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoiss
okay so you say that the way i move the saber like i did you know when i use the block butten and i can move the saber like i want to.. is that the animation or is that the codeing i need to make? i ask so i just understand it right
you'd have to code that in and use the animations from the block in that code. I think that would be more of a bg saber thing, but making it actually block would be a w_saber thing.


Game screen name: Master Jon Hoc Ni

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
JRHockney* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2007, 07:17 AM   #14
stoiss
Rookie
 
stoiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRHockney*
you'd have to code that in and use the animations from the block in that code. I think that would be more of a bg saber thing, but making it actually block would be a w_saber thing.

OKay ty m8 i'll will try to found hopw it works or see if i can get any help from some one who can help me whit it
stoiss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2007, 08:40 PM   #15
razorace
Impressive, Terran!
 
razorace's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 9,172
Well, you could probably dig thru the old school CVS repository for OJP and see the original manual block code that we had. However, I don't time to help you out with that. :|


---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2007, 10:18 AM   #16
stoiss
Rookie
 
stoiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorace
Well, you could probably dig thru the old school CVS repository for OJP and see the original manual block code that we had. However, I don't time to help you out with that. :|

i think i have try to get that source site.. im not sure if im right but i was login in to a place and it say in you ojp source manaul that i should login in after opjediproject as login and pass but i could not get in there...

maybe im wrong whit it im not sure or else post a site i can find it plz
stoiss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > Source code's

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.