lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Should KotOR 3 be Online?
Online 3 4.29%
Offline 43 61.43%
Online and Offline (Both) 24 34.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: KotOR III Online???
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-15-2007, 08:37 PM   #41
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Don't we already have Free Online Pazzak...with the game, Pure Pazzak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2007, 02:05 PM   #42
Jamps

I said both. Single player remains the same, mini games online. Swoop racing, pazaak, and maybe even an arena would make for good online play.

Making it an MMO would be a bad idea though.
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2007, 10:10 PM   #43
Lord Foley

No online. KotOR needs to be in the galaxy far, far away. In other words, far, far away from your online friends- and a long time before they existed too. Absolutely no online play. That would be asking for a crappy game.
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2007, 01:11 AM   #44
Rogue Spy
Banned

Ok heres my opinion. I think the game could be online in a different way, like a free for all Star Wars Galaxies style way, as in skills and dueling and chating and stuff, that would be alright insted of the actual game story taking place online, that would be stupid. Pehaps if it had a compatibilty like the upcoming game Huxley, where players over Xbox Live can join PC players online.
Rogue Spy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2007, 09:44 AM   #45
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Spy
chating and stuff
And that would kill my interest right there.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2007, 10:03 AM   #46
PazaakPrincess

Current Game: Fable 2, Oblivion
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
LOL Prime.

I remember when this was discussed last year I voted for casual content online not actual game play, but as I stated in a slightly different thread if you could play as the main character with others as your NPCs and possible take turns then I might consider it.

Call me Paz, PP sounds like you're p!$&ing on my head

My Kotor Fan Fiction
PazaakPrincess is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #47
JoeDoe 2.0
n - 1

Just keep it like the other KOTOR games, do not turn it into another SWG.

JoeDoe 2.0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2007, 11:52 AM   #48
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe 2.0
Just keep it like the other KOTOR games, do not turn it into another SWG.
QFE

I have nothing against online games, but honestly, if I were that interested in them, I would by playing Galaxies instead of KotOR.

I don't understand why people want KotOR to be online. If you like MMORPGs, then Galaxies is right there - you can get it whenever you want. Liking that sort of thing is perfectly fine and reasonable. They just don't attract me so much.

KotOR is an intense plot-driven single-player experience, and it works as such. If you like KotOR, then why would you want to change that? And if you don't like KotOR as it is, then why would you care?

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2007, 02:05 PM   #49
Darth Savath
Rookie

It would be a waste of time for the development team, an unneeded element that would take away resources from making the core game as perfect as it can possibly be. So, no.
Darth Savath is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2007, 05:56 PM   #50
Mr.Clark
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by master zionosis
You know, i have spoken to loads of people and they all think that Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic III should be online, like star wars Galaxies, but better, sort of WoW mixed with galaxies with a bit of phantasy star as well, i think that this would be wicked, not only online, but off line as well, so everyone who doesn't have the internet can play it as well, i think it would be way cool to be able to run around as your character in the old republic, and buy houses and stuff. What do you think?
No. No, no no no no no no no.

In case I wasn't clear enough: NO.

All the rest has been said. MMORPGs are a completely different type of game. By all means, go and find one you like, but the strength of KOTOR and TSL was the storyline. You can't do that online. You just can't. If you want to talk to people, get on a forum. If you want a truly awesome story experience, it HAS to be single player. Even if it was perfectly (somehow) crafted for online use, it would fill up with morons. This comic sums up but one of the problems it would face.
Mr.Clark is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2007, 05:58 PM   #51
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Clark
This comic sums up but one of the problems it would face.

Nice find. Thanks for sharing.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2007, 07:45 PM   #52
Fish.Stapler

One reason I really don't want to get into the online stuff is the community. While we're on the subject of comics, here's Penny Arcade's (cleaned up ) reason why. Note, though I cleaned up the language, you can still get the idea, don't go there if you're offended by curse words.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../20040319h.jpg

The community would be horrible even if they made it a great online game. The story and the party would also be sacrificed. There are lots of MMO's out there, and even Guild Wars if you want to stay single player a little. In conclusion, no. No. There are other games accomplishing what KotOR can't do.

Fish.Stapler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2007, 10:30 PM   #53
Mister Chief
Rookie

So the game shouldn't have any online aspects so that people can continue to live in sheltered worlds???

To solve the two problems, add more character customization. (None of the single player stroy should be online anyway). Also, don't make it a requirement.
Mister Chief is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2007, 10:39 PM   #54
Fish.Stapler

I'm saying the game shouldn't have online to be forced upon the players.

Besides, why do you want online? What do you get? Some measly exploration with a few people...for what? In order to get the game out at a reasonable time, they have to work to add the multiplayer component which is no easy task. This means sacrificing storyline in favor of a weak multiplayer component, required or not.

You lose party backstory since instead of adventuring with a party you'd opt to adventure with other players. Thanks, but no thanks. And a sheltered world? I play KotOR because it's a nice escape from the online environments - it's a story driven rpg. I play WoW and guild wars, no single player components there (arguable in GW though). Those games, though with a loose storyline (GW has a much stricter storyline, but it's designed a bit differently than KotOR) aren't character and story driven.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Fish.Stapler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2007, 03:19 AM   #55
Rogue Spy
Banned

No use discussing it anymore, everything has already been covered and i doubt it will be online at all in the end.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #56
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

It just needs to stay the way that it is right now. We already have SWG, so we don't need another one.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2007, 03:56 AM   #57
Rogue Spy
Banned

^ Not to mention risking K3 to a dead community like SWG is now..sadly.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > KotOR III Online???