lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Revan or the Exile
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-29-2007, 04:09 PM   #41
Jade shiseido
Rookie

We've already played as both Revan and the Exile, been there done that...I for one would like K3 to complete their story arcs but doing so as a different force wielding character.
Jade shiseido is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 08:36 AM   #42
mjpb3
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
Hmmm, with whether Revan cared for his companions and what not, is there any reason why every little detail like this has to be put in? Why not just have Revan display his utterly awesome skill with a lightsaber against someone the PC is fighting or something, have some dislogue that goes along the lines of why he fights, his feelings for Bastila and the Exile and leave it at that?
1.) Revan can be a female, so her feelings for Carth should be explored as well...

2.) I do think Revan's feelings towards certain partymembers is very relevant because it is an option in-game that a lot of people chose to explore, so it is very relevant that we get to find out what became of those partymembers as well as Revan. Same goes for Exile, in my opinion. I have a lot of time invested in the relationships of Revan with her partymembers as well as Exile with her partymembers, so I wouldn't want that all simply glossed over just because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
I think the way round it is to have in dialogue that the Exile sacrificied his/her life to save Revan and have Revan fully suited up and Grey this removing any continuity problems.
While I fully admit that I am not as fond of Exile as I am Revan, I still wouldn't want this scenario. I don't want her (Exile) to have died anywhere trying to help Revan out or something. Exile's fate is just as important to me as Revan's fate--maybe not in the same way, but I wouldn't want to learn she died after TSL ended. I don't dislike her that much.

.:**:..:*My Mods*:..:**:.
Disciple FTW!
There is no canon. There is only Revan.
FYI: I am a girl, and you may call me Janet.
It's all just fun and games until the flying monkeys attack.
mjpb3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 08:43 AM   #43
Nancy Allen``
Banned

It would be cool to have all these options explored, and I think with today's technology they should be able to make it that they have a Revan or Exile that looks like your Revan or Exile and through the choices you make and how you define them throughout the game their personality is how you see them. For the sake of just having Revan appear however they can excise all that. "I want the Sith. They've thrown the galaxy into hell and they will pay for it." While that might be more along the lines of Jedi Malek that the tactical cunning of his master, what more explanation or justification do we need from LS Revan? Throw in some sappy comments on loving Bastila (or Carth, or even Juhani) and most fans will have their cake and eat it too.

Note that's most fans, not the ones like me who would write Revan\Mission comics in the style of Wolverine\Jubilee if I had the talent to do so.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 09:12 AM   #44
mjpb3
Forumite

I wouldn't go so far as to say I want either Revan or Exile voiced or even shown without a mask of some sort in the game, because I am completely sure that would get screwed up somehow (as in using the wrong face that I picture for either Revan or Exile, or the wrong voice, etc...) but I do think that Revan and Exile should be in the game (if it is ever made ) somehow, and not like Revan was in TSL--a "vision". I'd personally like to see either/or in the game with a more relevant part of the overall story than Revan was depicted in TSL. But, of course, this is just what I hope for...

.:**:..:*My Mods*:..:**:.
Disciple FTW!
There is no canon. There is only Revan.
FYI: I am a girl, and you may call me Janet.
It's all just fun and games until the flying monkeys attack.
mjpb3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 09:20 AM   #45
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Revan appearing after the game has enough information to accurately guess how they look and act, voiced by Reno Romano or whoever female Revan was, dolling out explicit details on why he fights, his companions and anything else remotely interesting in a decidedly non emo way FTW. Chances of that happening?
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 02:14 PM   #46
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Do Revan really need a voice? He revealed a lot about himself when his ghost shrugged at me and then tried to kill me in the tomb. We can have it like the talking with Nihilus, but without his langauge. Let us fill in the blanks...

No need to worry on continituy problems, as the FACT that a person is going DS is already going to declare the whole game uncanon. I mean, in K1, the DS Revan destroys everything and the Star Forge remains intact. And then, they said Revan fled the Sith Empire, let the entire Sith destroy each other, and nobody ever can use the Star Forge.

...Now, does that matter? Nope. But such flavor information provides the illusion of choice, which I think is what we really want. Actual choice just waste time that could really be spent on making the story better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2007, 03:11 PM   #47
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Maybe it's not strictly necessary, but I'd sure like it if Revan could appear in the game and speak as well. And since Revan's voice was indeed set in KotOR, I don't see why that would not be necessary. I'd also count myself among those who accept a fixed voice for the exile (with optional gender), even though the exile had no such voice in TSL.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Revan or the Exile