lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Lost! - cr*p or good ?
Yes, great tv show! excellent! 11 39.29%
Its not bad. 4 14.29%
Terrible! get lost! worst show. 6 21.43%
I don't really care. 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Lost! - cr*p or good ?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-11-2007, 01:00 AM   #1
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

Lost! - cr*p or good ?

Does anybody here actually watch Lost!? i think its the worst tv show that was ever, ever made. It has a story that each hour goes absolutely nowhere, and its like whoever writes the script for this cr*p is on drugs or somthing! it's a pointless show with no sence and stupidity, as if they make it up each episode as they go along, and a glitch, yes thats right i didn't think possible but theres a glitch in a tv show...when the polar bear attacks that kid, his father Michael saves him from it, and the next episode or so, the fat dude mentions the polar bear, and Michael says polar bear? and the guy with blonde hair says you never heard about the polar bear!? LOL, it's stuffed up...im dead searious that happens. Its such a screwed up show im not suprised. Your thoughts ?
Carlo El Sanchez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 05:27 PM   #2
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
I think lost is a little overrated, though I could never say for sure, since I dont watch it pretty often. I think the plot was design to tie the watchers on their seats, however, it didnt work for me.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #3
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
I think Lost is pretty overrated, I watched the pilot but I didn't get hooked.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2007, 04:05 AM   #4
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Oh yes, I love it. The last episode I saw was absolutely hilarious.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2007, 10:20 AM   #5
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
As cliched as TV has become, Lost is a breath of fresh air.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #6
Grey Master
Firecracker

Lost started very good, but as the show progressd, it got boring. Hope this new season is better, or I think it will be ended.
Grey Master is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2007, 05:59 PM   #7
King Dando
Forumite

I've never been interested in it

King Dando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2007, 11:00 PM   #8
Johnpp

I watch it all the time!

Well all the time meaning how much of it we get in Australia. ;(
We only just got up to season three.

Opera user.
IE hater.
JKA player.
DooM player.
Quake 2 player.
Real life player.
Johnpp is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2007, 01:13 AM   #9
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

How can you watch such sap! its pure waste of money and time for a lame show with terrible acting and possibly the stupidest plot to ever be on a tv show!
Carlo El Sanchez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2007, 01:31 AM   #10
Johnpp

Ok, I will admit the show is a bit slow. And I would rather just wait till' the end of the season and get the box set so I don't have to wait a month for someone to move a foot.

Opera user.
IE hater.
JKA player.
DooM player.
Quake 2 player.
Real life player.
Johnpp is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2007, 01:38 AM   #11
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo El Sanchez
How can you watch such sap! its pure waste of money and time for a lame show with terrible acting and possibly the stupidest plot to ever be on a tv show!
Remember Carlo that people have different opinions on things. I don't really care, since I haven't seen it much, although I've heard people talk about it.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2007, 11:28 AM   #12
MrWally
Gunslinger

Forum Veteran 
1) Watch the Polar bear thing again, that's not quite how it goes...

2) The show is really designed for you to start from the beginning, if you don't, then you will NOT understand it, due to the fact that every episode follows directly after the previous one, and each episode is packed with information, story/character progression (especially character) and plot twists.

3) They do NOT write the show as they go along. At least not in the way that you're thinking. They've had the basic story progression and plot sense the beginning. However, they do write the fine details and the actual scripts as each episode comes along... just like EVERY OTHER tv show out there, practically.

4) How can you say LOST has bad acting? It sounds as if you're just trying to think up reasons to bash the show. Probably the most critically acclaimed aspect of LOST, besides the plot, is the acting.

5) And lastly, it seems pretty puerile to start a thread just saying that something is pure crap and that it sucks and is horrible etc, etc. Seems like the beginnings of a Flame War to me...

So anyways, as you probably guessed.... I'm a LOST fan, have been from the start. It's a beautifully written, scripted, acted, and edited show. There. That's my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion View Post
MrWally eats fresh babies in order to maintain his unnatural level of talent.
MrWally is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2007, 02:43 PM   #13
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWally
2) The show is really designed for you to start from the beginning, if you don't, then you will NOT understand it, due to the fact that every episode follows directly after the previous one, and each episode is packed with information, story/character progression (especially character) and plot twists.
Which is... rather odd, to say the minimum. Why, these shows are designed for the exact opposite:No connection between the episodes, unless truly critical info, but nothing you cant get after watching some episodes. That's what ruined "Enterprise".

Quote:
3) They do NOT write the show as they go along. At least not in the way that you're thinking. They've had the basic story progression and plot sense the beginning. However, they do write the fine details and the actual scripts as each episode comes along... just like EVERY OTHER tv show out there, practically.
There you're wrong. If I remember right, the creator/script guy, was on an interview where he admitted that he had no idea whether Lost's Island was the heaven, or just a government conspiracy. He said he would develop this after seeing the public opinion.

Quote:
4) How can you say LOST has bad acting? It sounds as if you're just trying to think up reasons to bash the show. Probably the most critically acclaimed aspect of LOST, besides the plot, is the acting.
Yeah, it has some good acting, all right. But the just from the side actors, the main ones... I just dont like them.

Quote:
So anyways, as you probably guessed.... I'm a LOST fan, have been from the start. It's a beautifully written, scripted, acted, and edited show. There. That's my opinion.
Thanks!
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2007, 06:53 PM   #14
Mace MacLeod
Food-based rocker

Current Game: World of Warcraft
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
The show is really designed for you to start from the beginning, if you don't, then you will NOT understand it, due to the fact that every episode follows directly after the previous one, and each episode is packed with information, story/character progression (especially character) and plot twists.
And that's where it loses me (no pun intended). I never got in on the ground floor with it, then I went over to visit some friends who were big fans on the night it was on. It was somewhere in the second or third season, and yeah, I hadn't the foggiest idea what was going on. That's the problem with serials; if you're not in at the beginning, you're pretty much gone for good.

Be considerate to others or I will bite your torso and give you a disease!
Mace MacLeod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2007, 07:07 PM   #15
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Not to be rude to the thread starter, but crap is not profanity. It looks really dumb to censor it as if it were **** or **** or something. Hell, not even hell, damn, or ass are censored. The forum censors everything that's bad... so don't worry about having to censor anything yourself.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2007, 11:17 PM   #16
MrWally
Gunslinger

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del
There you're wrong. If I remember right, the creator/script guy, was on an interview where he admitted that he had no idea whether Lost's Island was the heaven, or just a government conspiracy. He said he would develop this after seeing the public opinion.

I understand why you say that, because many of the executive producers, and definitely all the actors, don't know the full story line. But JJ Abrams (THE creator) DOES know at least the basic concept of how he's going to end the story, or at least he claims in the LOST special features. The main point I was getting at was no they are not "making it up as they go along."

Quote:
Old 02-28-2007, 10:26 PM   #17
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Is it just me, or are there massive amounts of kush growing on that island? Pay attention the next time they're running through the jungle. I swear it looks like they're running through Tommy Chong's back yard.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2007, 03:12 AM   #18
Rogue Spy
Banned

I hate Lost, it's the worst piece of....that can be put infront of you! but there are alot of terrible shows in our midst lately.
Rogue Spy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2007, 07:25 AM   #19
VaderChick
Rookie

I love LOST.

I love the mystery, the suprise, and all. Its a great show

But I can understand why some people dont like it. I get frustrated at it because it drags on and on forever.
VaderChick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #20
MrWally
Gunslinger

Forum Veteran 
These last 2 episodes have been amazing though.

They're going back to the season 1 style where they focus on the group as a whole, not just the individual characters.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2007, 05:00 AM   #21
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
I hate Lost, come on, you think a plane would've found them by now. But it's definately not the worst show around.

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #22
darth plumber
Rookie

lost is a really good show. it DOES have good acting and the stuff does't make sense bacause you may not have watched it from the start or because the island is magic. but, I didn't see the first season and i love the show I watch it every week. i don't know why you don't like it if you hispanic than maybe it's a mexican thing

darth plumber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #23
AristotÚlēsticus
Forumite

its a good show methinks. still, the first season was the best in my own humble estimation.
AristotÚlēsticus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2007, 11:59 PM   #24
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Cannot stand it...

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > Community Discussion > Lost! - cr*p or good ?