lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: What do you want to be?
Non Jedi to start 7 21.21%
Jedi to start 18 54.55%
Be a youngling padwan & then grow up 5 15.15%
Sith to start 1 3.03%
Non force user 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: What do you think we should be on kotor3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-06-2007, 01:07 AM   #41
sneakyfish
Lurker

I was just kidding about the love child part. I guess you wouldn't be able to tell though.
sneakyfish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2007, 04:41 AM   #42
azzakabaz
Rookie

i dont know if this is in here but i have hade a nother idea....u start of in a training room being traind to use the force by the exile who is the oposit gender of u. the exile desided not to go after reven and instead reterned to corasant and desided to rebuild the jedi order but however it could be a mask for his/her true goal to ultimatly remake teh sith? to do this it is ither ur choice to ither be dark or light and the exile just follows ur alignment.........this all happens in the tutorial so u ahve to do it but it would be easy to choose ur alignment jsut by dialog and how u respond to the exile.
azzakabaz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #43
sneakyfish
Lurker

They made TSL while they were still making KotOR so I'm hoping they had something planned for the 3rd game and didn't accidentally write themselves in to a corner. If I'm playing as a first level character I want to know why he is capable of becoming as strong as Revan and Exile. If I'm playing as Revan or Exile, I don't want to have to go through a 2 hour character creation to give him powers up though level 20 and I don't want to have some lame "oh no, my force powers are gone." It made sense the first 2 times but I really don't see it happening for them again.
sneakyfish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2007, 05:29 AM   #44
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyfish
They made TSL while they were still making KotOR
Where do you get that from? TSL came about only after the somewhat unexpected success of KotOR. Had they know they would be doing a direct sequel, I dare say the LS and DS endings would not have been so different that they had to work hard to reconcile them in TSL.

Quote:
so I'm hoping they had something planned for the 3rd game and didn't accidentally write themselves in to a corner.
Actually, there were plans for K3 before TSL came out. So I think they did have a few things planned. Playing TSL also gives me that impression. That said, some lay-offs at Lucasarts seems to have halted the plans for K3, so I guess the plans are no more, and anything could thus happen in K3. Not sure whether that's good or bad, though.

Quote:
If I'm playing as a first level character I want to know why he is capable of becoming as strong as Revan and Exile. If I'm playing as Revan or Exile, I don't want to have to go through a 2 hour character creation to give him powers up though level 20 and I don't want to have some lame "oh no, my force powers are gone." It made sense the first 2 times but I really don't see it happening for them again.
Precisely why I want to play a new pc in K3. Because whatever K3 is, the progressive element is the strongest in the game. We can't lose that. But I agree that doing it again for Revan or exile is annoying.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2007, 04:30 PM   #45
darth fmc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browny11uk
I think we should start of as a youngling & then grew up & be about level 3 when the main quest starts. But i dont want you to grew up in five minutes i want to do loads of stuff as a child & we see him/her grow infront of our eyes.
i think thats a good idear but i dont want to be a yungling for to long tho
darth fmc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2007, 01:03 AM   #46
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

No, no playing as disgusting kids. No.

Starting as a padawan is great though.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2007, 01:27 AM   #47
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
I say stick with non-jedi. Possibly like a bounty hunter who doesn't know he's hunting a jedi. And maybe the hunt is a trap by a rival hunter who tries to steal the bounty and kill the competition. And then jedi saves you and takes you under your wing and teaches you the ways of the force. Sorry I got off topic....yea, non-jedi.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2007, 04:05 PM   #48
Marauder's Fury
Rookie

A non-Jedi. One who's amazingly strong in the Force yet doesn't have any association with either side. Will become aware of it and learn to control and take full advantage of his/her power over time. Possible affiliations with either the Order or the Sith (or maybe both?) during the course of the game.

Well, if there will be any option of joining the Jedi, I really wanna get to become a full Sith as well. Being trained by true Sith masters, having genuine Sith companions in the party. Walking the corridors of a Sith monastery as a full-fledged member. The feeling that your character has been fully immersed him/herself in Sith philosophy and that others fear them because of it. Killing legions of Jedi (if they managed to recover a bit, of course). Raiding the Republic space, razing Jedi enclaves. Jedi Grand Masters for boss fights. The exact opposite of whatever you're thrown at when you're LS.
Marauder's Fury is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2007, 10:22 PM   #49
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I would like the PC to be a fallen Sith, just like the Exile was a fallen Jedi. This means that you were previously a Sith from the line of Sith seen in TSL, but you left the order, just like the Exile left the Jedi Order. Now, since you had left the Sith, this means that you start out as a neutrally-aligned character who is able to gain his first Force powers in the first mission, just like the Exile. You see, this is something different: your character is actually a former Sith to start out with, just like your character in KOTOR II was a former Jedi. Like previously, you start out neutral, but having been a former Force-user, you have a natural affinity to the Force and are able to regain your powers quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2007, 06:24 AM   #50
darth fmc
Banned

Question wat shuld we start as in kotor 3

wat do you think sould be in kotor 3 ?

i think jedi yongling or sith master

Mod note: Merged with recent similar thread, merged poll options. ~M

Last edited by stoffe; 04-04-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:15 AM   #51
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I think there is already a similar Thread here. Anyway, I would go with either Jedi Padawan or Non-Force User. I wouldn't want to start off experienced, since it would wreck the levelling up process of the KOTOR games.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2007, 12:42 PM   #52
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

As Topsite said, there is already another thread about this. Please do a search before you make threads like this. And you seemed to forget to put a Jedi Padawan in there. Younglings and padawans are not the same thing.

Anyway, to answer the question, I would want to start out as a padawan.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #53
darth fmc
Banned

i no that ther not the same thing
Old 04-04-2007, 10:30 PM   #54
Darca Lar
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusfreaks_90
I also want to be a youngling but could we be stuck as one to long. How would you decide when is it time to grow up. I love the idea. But some people would want to start the main quest right away or close to the beginning. it would be nice but some people might not like it.
If you wanted that kind of gameplay, I'd suggest Lionhead. Or just play Fable(also a great game)

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:37 AM   #55
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Give us a choice. Some of us might want to start as a Jedi or Jedi Youngling, but maybe options to be a member of Naboo's Royal Guard, a Republic Commando, Echani warrior, bounty hunter or Mandalorian would appeal.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #56
Darca Lar
Forumite

Yea, something like that. No mysterious pasts or anything, just a person who happens to be strong in the force and stumbles into a mess.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:25 PM   #57
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Or even make up your past as you go along. You can say you fought with Revan during the Mandalorian Wars, served with him (or her, female Revan is da bomb) as a Sith, or even one of the Jedi were with Bastila to capture Revan. Me, if it were an option I'd like to be a character that helps out Lonna Vash in her efforts against the Sith, I wouldn't mind exploring that side of things. But maybe this is going into a more Galaxies area.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:32 PM   #58
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

I'd like having a somewhat permenant past, rather than having you make it up as you go along, though leaving it open enough for intepertion. The Exile's storyline, for instance, rather than Revan's storyline. I find that the storyline of the PC is pretty important, since I enjoyed learning about The Exile in TSL. I better hope the PC has a good justification for his force connection as well, also explained by the storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2007, 03:50 PM   #59
darth fmc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
Or even make up your past as you go along. You can say you fought with Revan during the Mandalorian Wars, served with him (or her, female Revan is da bomb) as a Sith, or even one of the Jedi were with Bastila to capture Revan. Me, if it were an option I'd like to be a character that helps out Lonna Vash in her efforts against the Sith, I wouldn't mind exploring that side of things. But maybe this is going into a more Galaxies area.
YOU COULDNT BE A JEDI IN BASTILAS JEDI STIRK TEAM THAY ALL DIED APART FROM BASTILA HER SELF BUT THE LONNA VASH THING IS A GOD IDER

Please refrain from posting in all caps in the future, thanks. -RH

Last edited by RedHawke; 04-07-2007 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #60
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

I think you should definitely have a fixed past. Being able to choose Revan and the Exile's gender/alignment gives the game enough variations, so having a varying past for your own character would only add to developing time.

I think the best way to go is to be a padawan with some kind of a special connection to the Force. Whoever develops the game, though, is going to have to come up with a believable explanation for his "special" connection, seeing as how there have already been two pc's who have had a special connection. It's going to be pretty worn out soon, so hopefully, they'll be able to come up with something good.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:03 AM   #61
Darca Lar
Forumite

I don't think being a Padawan at the start is the best idea unless its like some sort of prologue guiding you through your past. But even then that still seems like the same story. You play a character who has already been trained in the force. Of course, Revan had to learn it all over again but his past is linked to Dantooine and the Master's there as was the Exile's past. What if the PC was never trained and meets the Handmaiden on Telos or some other planet and just learns from her.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:59 AM   #62
Canderous_ordo1
Rookie

well i think as a non force user i find it makes the game too simple with force powers

IM HERE IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT

A TRUE WARRIOR IS ONE THAT CAN BEAT IT DOWN EVERY TIME IT RAISES ITS HEAD
Canderous_ordo1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #63
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darca Lar
I don't think being a Padawan at the start is the best idea unless its like some sort of prologue guiding you through your past. But even then that still seems like the same story. You play a character who has already been trained in the force. Of course, Revan had to learn it all over again but his past is linked to Dantooine and the Master's there as was the Exile's past. What if the PC was never trained and meets the Handmaiden on Telos or some other planet and just learns from her.
And how do you go from being a non-Jedi to being powerful enough to destroy the True Sith by the end of the game? Actually, that and being a mere padawan are pretty much the same thing, except as for being a padawan, at least you know something about the Force at the start.

Your character should definitely know about his past, and there should be a few flashbacks throughout the game simply to give the player a little bit more insight.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:00 AM   #64
Darca Lar
Forumite

Anakin did it pretty fast, but he let the power go to his head. I just think it'd be interesting to go in a slightly different direction. I mean for one thing you'll be playing in an environment where the Jedi are scattered and the Sith are lurking, so why not play as some merc or nomad...

Old 04-08-2007, 05:02 AM   #65
DarkDeathDealer
Lurker

Things me and i know other fans would love to see on KOTOR 3

Kotor 3 Idea's

Let me just say i am the biggest kotor fan both1,2 where really great games now with the new console i have some thoughts and ideas of what would be great and would make kotor 3 a better and overall replayable game.

Below is a wish list of stuff id like to see for kotor 3!

I would like more customization options for blade color maybe a slider that allows you to adjust the color & intensity ect.

also with characters customization like oblivion another thing would be to choose to start sith or jedi or nuteral, oh and for once id like to be able to choke or kill something like a civilian or use mindtricks to make em do other elements in the game and be given more freedom to do so also it would be nice if they respawned or where recreated so i could repeat the process. and no im not the only freakn one to think about how fun it would be lol.

also more fluid combat system customizable force powers would be a bonus example like oblivion with creating spells. as well as the ablity to customize robe/armor/clothes material & colors and be able to choose whether the hood is up or down would be nice cause whats the point of having a hood if you cant wear the damn thing.

being able to choose and create apprentice's change look alliment would be great, and noo im not the only one who had 1 guy being pimped out with a bunch of sith women willing to die for me ha ha!

being able to start the hole thing over again with your full out jedi/sith would be cool too and a co-op mode to bring friends and their jedi/sith char along to destroy and or save the galaxy via xbox live and if i wanted i should be able to kill em just cause lmao!

Thanks for reading. And Remember These Are Just Idea's
DarkDeathDealer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2007, 07:10 AM   #66
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDeathDealer
also with characters customization like oblivion another thing would be to choose to start sith or jedi or nuteral, oh and for once id like to be able to choke or kill something like a civilian or use mindtricks to make em do other elements in the game and be given more freedom to do so also it would be nice if they respawned or where recreated so i could repeat the process. and no im not the only freakn one to think about how fun it would be lol.
I guess they did that to cut down on the munchkin hackfest that could otherwise ensue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDeathDealer
being able to start the hole thing over again with your full out jedi/sith would be cool too and a co-op mode to bring friends and their jedi/sith char along to destroy and or save the galaxy via xbox live and if i wanted i should be able to kill em just cause lmao!
Somehow I doubt that lends itself well to the sort of single-player intensive experience that KotOR games are. I certainly think it would clash with the plot, which is what I would always support.

Anyhoot, welcome to the forum.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #67
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Those are some great ideas there. For specifics...

Being able to customise your lightsaber, the hilt and such, Jedi Academy might appeal, especially with some downloads. Someone even went to the trouble of creating Revan's diffirent lightsabers. I think such customisation, such as whether it activates and extends slow or fast, would be cool.

As jediphile said turning KOTOR into Grand Theft Star Wars where you could do all of that would take away a lot of the concentrated storyline especially with all of these side quests and the like to distract you where you can decide whether or not to kill people anyway. But maybe having more action based options would be a good idea. Most of them are through text.

Jade Empire freed up the combat and made it less like an RPG and more like an action game. Some people hate that though, they want the turn based stragergy and hit points. I say dump the auto pause option and have the options of when to strike, when to block and when to grab an assailent's arm and stab them with their own weapon, Bond style.

With being able to customise your character, I'm not sure how much work an expansive editing mode would be but maybe something that lays the smackdown on other games, if you get my drift. As for alignment, that's in the game with influence and such.

A two player KOTOR game would rule, but in a sense the other characters are the other players. One would have one opinion and the other would have another, they fight with you and have personality. Were it me I'd make them smarter, where you don't have to worry about them dieing, you have to worry about yourself.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #68
Jediphile
Persona non grata

One thing that would be good in K3 would be to make the landscapes much larger and then allow the player to use a vehicle like a landspeeder or similar to travel around. It's bloody annoying walking all over the place in K1 and K2. This would, of course, make the landscapes far more empty, but at least there'd be something to look at. I don't think we can much closer to freeroaming than that in a linear plot-driven game, though.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #69
psand
Rookie

I think we should start out as a jedi right away. At this point in this series it doesn't make sense to me to start out as a youngling or a kid. It could be Revan or the Exile, doesnt make a difference to me really. Or it could be a new character who follows Revan or the Exile.
psand is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #70
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by psand
I think we should start out as a jedi right away. At this point in this series it doesn't make sense to me to start out as a youngling or a kid. It could be Revan or the Exile, doesnt make a difference to me really. Or it could be a new character who follows Revan or the Exile.
Agreed. Playing a kid or youngling would not be good, and if the character is to grow powerful over the course of the game - and of course he or she will - then the character needs to be a jedi to begin with in order to not strain credibility too far. Training to be a jedi usually takes years and years, and playing through those is not too exciting, methinks. That's why they avoided it in the previous games - Revan already being a jedi but not remembering it, while the exile lost his connection to the force. You can't play as either again, since that would mean cutting them down to level 1 again somehow, which I would hate.

A new character could be young jedi, though. Not a kid, but an adolescent jedi around 16 or 17 years of age. Not a kid, but not an adult either. I do like rich background, but they've done it twice in two games now, and if it's there mainly to serve as an excuse for allowing the character to rise to high levels quickly, then I don't want to see it again. It may seem explain a quick rise in power, but having someone experienced begin at level 1 every time is also none too convincing. So let it be a younger jedi who has gone through the years of training and has great force potential.

I do think Revan and the exile should appear during the game, though, just not as the main characters. But I think they could be playable toward the end of the game, when the new main character has reached levels that is not woefully lower than theirs.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #71
Nancy Allen``
Banned

How about being able to play as a fully powered up Revan or Exile for a little bit at the start? With powers such as Force Storm, Death Field, Force Wave and lightsaber skills to put even Yoda and Anakin to shame. Could be a nice taste of what to expect and this scene could fill in a lot of background.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:43 PM   #72
Darca Lar
Forumite

I guess that'd be pretty cool. Maybe like if it was the prologue or some sort of dream-state game.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:56 PM   #73
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Yeah, a bit of a tutorial and everything. Have it set with Revan fighting against Bastila, or the Exile on Malechor V, something that explains their story or reveals some heatho unknown part of their story. Even chuck in dialogue options, such as before fighting Bastila Revan can justify his actions, or not, and maybe even have the PC creation section beforehand so people can create their character, using previous Revan\Exile models (and maybe new ones) so people can well and truely have their cake in establishing who their Revan and Exile were, before going ahead and creating a new character to play through the game with. That way we can have Revan and the Exile in any number of ways because their looks and personality had been established in the prologue.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #74
Jediphile
Persona non grata

^^

Meh. Somehow I don't like that idea. I prefer to keep the fates of Revan and the exile completely unknown so that it can be a real shock if you actually meet them at some point. YMMV.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:47 AM   #75
Darca Lar
Forumite

Well what about...for my dream state activity, you play yourself and you are in a place you've never seen before and while exploring you see two figures, Revan and the Exile. the Only thing is you don't see their faces, just Revan wearing his cloak and the Exile wearing a Grey Cloak, both of them with their hoods up. And as you approach them, you get attacked by something weird and wake up. The dreams continue and they become much clearer as the story continues, but you never see the two heroes' faces.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:38 PM   #76
kotor_freak
Rookie

Wink

Man, don't you guys ever stop talking?! it took me about 20 minutes to read through all that.

Anyway, youngling, straight answer, hell no. I mean seriously, you going to have some sort of feat or power named "Nose-pick"?

Padawan's a possibility, supoose it could be alright.

To the person who gave us the idea of a love-child of Revan and Bastila...no. Heh. See it this way, if you picked a female Revan in Kotor then i don't see how the connection could work between them. I just don't.

Yes we all want the custom lightsaber hilts and the option to put your hood up and down and so on.

But my idea is maybe that you could start of as a padawan, your only history is that you lived on the streets for as long as you could remember, no memories of family or friends, your history shrouded in darkness....blah blah blah. Oh! Before i forget, which i usually do, have the option to actually join the sith or join the republic and wotnot.

"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here." -Tidus, Final Fantasy X
kotor_freak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > What do you think we should be on kotor3