lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: ERROR FOUND IN GtkRadiant 1.5.0 - if you can't see some textures/shaders in game...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-14-2007, 07:17 AM   #1
Thor the Bassis
Rookie

ERROR FOUND IN GtkRadiant 1.5.0 - if you can't see some textures/shaders in game...

So I make my map. All's going well for the first few tests and then bam! I can't see some of my textures/shaders anymore. The real puzzle came when the textures appeared on some brushes and not others so there wasn't any problem with the textures themselves.

I warn you - Beware of the Duplicate!!!

Yes keep your hand well away from the space bar and make sure you only duplicate things you want to duplicate because two identical brushes on top of each other with exactly the same textures cause the brush to become invisible. Its stupid I know but took me ages to stumble across the problem so I thought I'd let people know.

EDIT: this seems to happen when a brush or set of brushes are copied and pasted from another file.

Last edited by Thor the Bassis; 04-14-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Thor the Bassis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
I think they reccomend using 1.4 for JA editing. although i myself have run into some problems with cloning large amounts of mixed items. misalightned textures and such.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-14-2007, 09:22 PM   #3
Johnpp

My clone seem to work fine.

I reccomend 1.5, it's better than 1.5.0 and 1.4 together.

Opera user.
IE hater.
JKA player.
DooM player.
Quake 2 player.
Real life player.
Johnpp is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-16-2007, 01:39 PM   #4
Thor the Bassis
Rookie

I may have 1.5 don't know. Its a new beta? (which ones that?). Anyway. Have question - Is it possible to get a door to lock coz the door opens when I use the trigger. I've got the locked spawnflag checked and I have a security key and security switch in a security checkpoint room next door. But before I get to this point I try the doors trigger (its a trigger_multiple brush next to the door infront of a fake switch which triggers like a button the same as in the RichDiesel Tutorials) to check that it is locked and the door opens.

HELP!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:21 AM   #5
Johnpp

For you're first question, no. !.5 is not in Beta stages anymore, and has lots more features.

Opera user.
IE hater.
JKA player.
DooM player.
Quake 2 player.
Real life player.
Johnpp is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2007, 03:34 AM   #6
architect
Rookie

I had this problem as well. The whole map was cloned .. i have no idea how i managed to do that. It was probably a bug. Nevertheless I think 1.5 was even in beta stage better then 1.4
architect is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2007, 11:06 AM   #7
Thor the Bassis
Rookie

anyone got any clues on the locked door problem? Is this just 1.5.0 (which is the one i'm using)?
Old 04-25-2007, 10:07 PM   #8
GTK + JA = fun
Rookie

yeah I had that texture missing deal on a few pilliars . . . . all I did was replace the pillars with a new texture and all was good

I am in no way new to 3D Modeling like using a program such as Maya 8.5 but this gtk radiant stuff will take me awhile to get used to . . . . new interface, new scripts and triggers to learn. I have tried to find all the tutorials I can and I have a long way to go, I cannot wait until I can make a map that has objectives in it, a few cutscenes, and a really good story . . . .

as far as me deciding to use 1.4 or 1.5, I kinda like 1.5 a bit better b/c I just find it easier. I have made a simple map so far with opening doors and some stormtroopers but it will be really cool to make a big map.
GTK + JA = fun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Mapping > ERROR FOUND IN GtkRadiant 1.5.0 - if you can't see some textures/shaders in game...