EDIT : Hello again , I'm still having some problems with those textures :s
So I"ll just the whole story how I go about making my BOX and try to get in JA
I might be doing something wrong in my work-flow
. And I don't have .skin files , what makes those files ? I have only "name".md3 and "name".qc .
1) I make a simple box in Max , convert it to Mesh , apply an UVW map .
2) Since I can't export MD3 out of Max , I export my Mesh as a Wavefront .OBJ file.
3) Then I import it in Milkshape , select my group , rename it to Box and asign it my texture that I want .
All my files are in the same directory/map .
4) I make the .qc file , edit it so it has the right paths to the texture.
5) I then export my Mesh to an .md3 , no trace found of a .skin file
6) I double check my .qc file and change or correct a mistake
7) Make me a small room in Radiant , add my newly created box : Radiant shows the texture I want , great joy
8) I test my map in JA : my happiness crashes , like a jumbo without wings .
The texture doesn't show up , instead I get an ugly gray box with somesort of glowing edges . Not the effects I was after .
So if you find any wrong doings in my proces , please tell me .
Maybe I shouldn't export as a .OBJ , but I don't have much choice , Milkshape is limited .
Or perhaps I keep screwing up my .qc file
Any help would be welcome.
As last where can I find that nifty md3 viewer , you where talking .
Thought I had it , but it was Mod-viewer I have , so wrong program :s .
Allright thanxs for the help
I'll have to look where I dumpted all the modding tools for moddeling to find the viewer .
But thanks again
, your tutorials are great to .