lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Song!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
Iannu
Lurker

Cool Guy Song!

Hi everybody,
i've spotted a song from which at least some of the music of grim fandango has been ripped off i think it sounds either like the song that plays when you're in maximino's office or when you meet glottis for the first time.. cant remember which cuz i haven't played the game in ages! but im still a great fan eheh so when that song came up i was like wooo that's grim fandango right there!
it's called East St. Louis Toodle-oo, it's by Steely Dan and it's dated 1974! although it's actually a cover, but i don't know who the original artist is.. check it out it freaked me out!
Francesco
Iannu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2007, 01:22 PM   #2
King Dando
Forumite

I think the original artist is Duke Ellington, making it entirely fitting for the music of Grim Fandango, as some of the tracks in the game are based off the Swing era of Jazz, which was popular in the 30's and 40's, which is also relevent, as the game's atmosphere has a 1930's quality to it.

Great find! I need to look into this some more.

King Dando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Land of the Dead > Song!