lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Failing to have Dodonna/Carth cutscene
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-04-2007, 03:44 PM   #1
Gavroche
Rookie

Failing to have Dodonna/Carth cutscene

Yep, I've a quite weird trouble. When leaving the Unknown World to go to the Star Forge, the movie showing the Ebon Hawk leaving works fine, but when the module loads again to show the Carth/Dodonna/Vandar dialog, the screen stays black, though with the Republic Music playing. No dialog, nothing.

What did I do again to make this happen '^^ ? Have you any ideas ?

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-04-2007, 09:51 PM   #2
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
^That's weird. I would suggest you to do it more times, but you probably did that already. Try starting over on another slot... Maybe.

Perhaps, I dunno, your disk is scratched? Sorry I can't be of much more help.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2007, 04:52 AM   #3
Gavroche
Rookie

Just noticed that I have the Republic music playing, AND the Ebon Hawk ambient noise (motors humming). I loaded another save from the Rakatan Temple, returned to the EH but the bug is still there.

About my disk, well it's does not seem scratched. Weird weird weird... I'm going to try a DS option, to see if Bastila's cutscene works correctly. If it's still wrong, I guess I will uninstall/reinstall...

Edit : Bastila/Dodonna works fine. No, the trouble is really with the LS cutscene. May it have something to do with the fact that I've been playing a DS character through the whole game ? I'm going to check the scripts.

Redit : uninstalled/reinstalled... And still not working.

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"

Last edited by Gavroche; 05-05-2007 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:07 PM   #4
Darth Kalverys
Dark Lord

I would suggest that you download the patch for the game... you can do it from the Launcher.
Darth Kalverys is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2007, 03:11 AM   #5
Gavroche
Rookie

Already done '^^ That's the first thing I did when I got KotOR a while ago.

Bah, I guess I just messed the variables by playing DS and ending LS...

"
Old 05-06-2007, 04:11 AM   #6
Marauder's Fury
Rookie

A long shot, but... are you using mods and is Carth equipped with a modded item?
Marauder's Fury is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2007, 10:14 AM   #7
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

If I recall correctly using the "Carth is a Jedi" mod with dual and maybe double sabers will cause problems on the unknown world section of the game.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2007, 10:49 AM   #8
Gavroche
Rookie

Nope, not using this mod... Carth is equipped with regular weapons.

"
Old 05-17-2007, 05:39 PM   #9
sekan

I had that bug too... i am almost sure that Wotor was making that bug bcz when i dident have wotor it worked.
sekan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > Failing to have Dodonna/Carth cutscene