lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: A question about game guides
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-26-2007, 08:15 PM   #1
Rob_Solo
Lurker

Question A question about game guides

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I simply have a quick question about those game guides that show you strategies for computer games(they're usually in a book format). Do you need one of those for KOtOr I, or KotOR II?, or can you get around the game without them? I am thinking about buying KotOR, and I just want to be sure if you need it (cause in INdiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, you can't go through the game without the game guide). Anyways, thanks!
Rob_Solo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2007, 08:31 PM   #2
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Solo
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I simply have a quick question about those game guides that show you strategies for computer games(they're usually in a book format). Do you need one of those for KOtOr I, or KotOR II?, or can you get around the game without them? I am thinking about buying KotOR, and I just want to be sure if you need it
The KOTOR games aren't so puzzle heavy that a game guide is really needed. The walkthroughs at gamebanshee (K1, K2) covers enough of the more difficult sections that you might need help with. Most of the gameplay is fairly straightforward. The online walkthroughs are usually more accurate than the printed ones too, since they were made after the game was released, not weeks before like the printed ones.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2007, 08:38 PM   #3
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

No you are better off going to places like Gamefaqs, Gamebanshee, Gamespy (Planet Gamename), or using Google.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2007, 11:45 AM   #4
Rob_Solo
Lurker

Well, thanks alot guys I'll keep that in mind
Rob_Solo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #5
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Well, I'm not sure about KotOR 1, but i bought the KotOR 2 guide, it is good, but as Stoffe said as it was printed weeks before there are allot of errors in it, telling you things that are no longer in the game, but i still prefer to read a colored guide than a black and white typed one, lol.

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2007, 06:36 PM   #6
Obi-Wan Baloney
Rookie

As Stoffe said, go to GameBanshee they have the best walkthrough's for almost every game. I use the KOTOR ones every time I play the game. You will need a guide because you will miss influence and DS or LS points and go a none desirable way. They usually give strategies for tough battles as well.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a
good blaster at your side, kid."

Han Solo
Rebel Smuggler
Obi-Wan Baloney is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > A question about game guides