lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: More music
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-26-2007, 01:41 PM   #1
Corn Flakes
Lurker

More music

I'm starting to get pretty sick of the default, ingame music. I have my own music that I want to listen to. Question is, well, how do I do it? Which folder do I put the music in? Is there any scripting involved to just play it normally?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: If it matters, this is for TSL.
Corn Flakes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2007, 02:11 PM   #2
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Flakes
I'm starting to get pretty sick of the default, ingame music. I have my own music that I want to listen to. Question is, well, how do I do it? Which folder do I put the music in? Is there any scripting involved to just play it normally?
The easiest way is probably to just replace the existing game music files. You'll find it in the StreamMusic folder. If you remove the current compressed WAV files there and replace them with MP3 files using the same names it should work.

Or, if you don't want to rename the files you can just put your own music files in the StreamMusic folder and then put their names in the ambientmusic.2da file where you want them to replace the standard game music (the resource column is the file name without extension). If you do that make sure your music files have names no longer than 16 characters and that they only contain alphanumerical characters or underscores.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2007, 01:18 AM   #3
SolidSnake0481
Lurker

Also you could play your music with winamp... I don't know if that's what you're wanting, but I know it works, especially when I play Sims and Jedi Academy.
SolidSnake0481 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2007, 08:24 AM   #4
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

There Is a Mod On PCGM Called Mp3 Player (I Think Thats What Its Called)
That Allows U 2 Have Your Own Custom Music To Listen To While Playing. Its For K1 Though. Does Anyone Have A Link?

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2007, 08:35 AM   #5
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDingDong
There Is a Mod On PCGM Called Mp3 Player (I Think Thats What Its Called)
That Allows U 2 Have Your Own Custom Music To Listen To While Playing. Its For K1 Though. Does Anyone Have A Link?
Yeah i have a link( http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/19018...yer%20v1.0.rar ) but it's dead, grrrr, I'm beginning to feel the pain of PCGM

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2007, 08:59 AM   #6
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

I Hate When The Site Goes Down

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > More music