lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Help! Skinning New Lightsaber Using Default Hilt
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-06-2007, 01:15 PM   #1
2Cold Scorpio
Rookie

Question Help! Skinning New Lightsaber Using Default Hilt

I've made a lightsaber using the Malak model. From what I can figure, it uses the short saber skin, so I modified it, changed the number in the filename to match the lightsaber's model number (66), and edited the model itslef to use that skin as opposed to the normal one (similar to changing the crystal reference).

However, now ALL of the Malak-style sabers and ALL of the short sabers use that new skin. Help! How do I make a new lightsaber using the standard model use a unique skin? I don't have the skill to make hilt models yet, so I wanted to settle for just reskinning for now. What do I do?

Edit: Um...anyone? I've looked all over this forum, and found how to model my own hilts, and how to reskin armors, but not to fix this particular problem. Any help would be greatly appriciated, because until I get it fixed, my mod has come to a screeching halt.

2Cold Scorpio, Rogues' Guild class 1A
www.GuildCom.us

"By the ancient spirits' rites, the old ghosts proclaim their rights; still they're lost in time." -"Blood on My Hands", Demons & Wizards
"We'll build a perfect beast with the knowledge they seek; if it takes ten thousand years, we never will retreat!" -"Prophecy", Iced Earth
"If you'll pardon my stealing of movie lines: The Force is with us" -Ronald W. Reagan

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-07-2007 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Combining 'bump' post into original post...
2Cold Scorpio is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Help! Skinning New Lightsaber Using Default Hilt