lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Problem creating New Area MOD -XBOX
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-10-2007, 10:00 AM   #1
cap_9mm
Lurker

Problem creating New Area MOD -XBOX

I am having problems creating new areas in KOTOR II: TSL - XBOX

I am able to create the mod...save and build finally transfer to xbox. However when new area is loaded I only have PC floating in center of screen, the surrounding area is black, the only item I can see clearly is the starting point door behind me.

Any thoughts...
cap_9mm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #2
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap_9mm

I am able to create the mod...save and build finally transfer to xbox. However when new area is loaded I only have PC floating in center of screen, the surrounding area is black, the only item I can see clearly is the starting point door behind me.

Any thoughts...
There are always snags for using mods with KOTOR on the XBOX, mods just don't seem to be as compatible as they are on the PC version. My best guess is your modules use files that are aren't recognisable by your internal XBOX drive (thus the reason for pretty much sod all being on screen apart from a few vague things and your PC in the middle of nowhere).
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2007, 02:40 PM   #3
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap_9mm

Have you renamed the GIT or ARE file belonging to your new area? If you have done so you must create a new area layout as well, since those files have to be named the same as the LYT file. If you don't you'll end up in a black void.

(If you aren't going to make changes to the area layout you can just keep the old layout for your new area by leaving the GIT and ARE file named like the old area.)
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2007, 06:57 AM   #4
cap_9mm
Lurker

No go, I am able to create a new area (reskinning) - PC works, I am able to create new area (keeping existing layout) - PC works. When I move the same (working files) to xbox...pc in nothingness...

I am willing to provide any files to those willing to help. I know this can't be this hard???
cap_9mm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Problem creating New Area MOD -XBOX