lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Weird Skin occurrence
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #1
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
Weird Skin occurrence

So anyways, I was working on a darkside transition for Mission during some of my free time. And those familiar with the other Darkside mods I've made, know that there's usually a simple choice in the dialogue of the character to trigger a transition.

The way I have used to add these darkside transitions is to add the name of the new texture under the VVE, VE,VVVE and so on, headings in heads.2DA. But with Mission it's different, as her head draws it's textures from 2 different source files. Firstly the face, from P_MissionH01d.tga and secondly the Lekku/Tentacle bit from P_MissionBB01d.tga, which is also used for Missions clothing texture.

Which creates a problem. If say for example the colour saturation of a darkside mission is lower then that of a normal mission, then as you can only change the face texture during a darkside transition. The face will ultimately be a different colour to the lekku/tentacle. :P

So anyways, I figured I'd set the texture of the darkside Mission, with the same skin colour as the normal Mission, to get them to match when the transition is in effect. But something weird happens, when the transition is in effect, instead of the face texture just being swapped, the face texture is also applied to the lekku/tentacle bit, which creates a freaky result...

Wondering if anybody can explain WHAT the hell is going on here...? :P

Silveredge9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2007, 01:46 AM   #2
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
If I remember correctly Missions Lekku are actually part of her clothes texture file not her head texture. So if you change her clothing body model it can mess things up.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

I'm not actually touching the model, just replacing the skin via 2da's. It works for all other party members, strange that it doesn't for Mission.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:44 PM   #4
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredge9
I'm not actually touching the model, just replacing the skin via 2da's. It works for all other party members, strange that it doesn't for Mission.
That would be your problems here, the head model uses part of the body model for the skins for her lekku, so by changing her clothing skin you mess up her lekku.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2007, 09:47 PM   #5
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

OK, I think I might have not explained the problem well enough. It's my fault sorry. :P

The only skin changed is the Head skin, which in Missions case only governs the face. The problem is that when the alignment of Mission is changed, which essentially starts the process where the Face texture is changed to the Darkside version, the Darkside face skin, is also wrapping itself round the Lekkus section. Like the screenshot shows... hopefully, thats more clear now.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Weird Skin occurrence