lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Splotchy Reskins
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-21-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
athies
Lurker

Splotchy Reskins

I've been fiddling around with editing the PFHA04 skin but it just keeps turning up splotchy ingame around the highlights of the face, namely the cheeks and chin. I'm wondering if it has to do with information lost as KT compresses the original into TGA, but I've seen re-skins out there that look just fine.

original

with KT re-skin
athies is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
SykoRevan

I can't really see a difference between the two pictures, besides the one below having slightly lighter skin. KotOR Tool wouldn't have anything to do with how the skin comes out. What program are you using to edit the skin, and if you can, post a screen of the skin? (the actual .tga file, not ingame)

SykoRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2007, 09:37 PM   #3
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by athies
I've been fiddling around with editing the PFHA04 skin but it just keeps turning up splotchy ingame around the highlights of the face, namely the cheeks and chin. I'm wondering if it has to do with information lost as KT compresses the original into TGA, but I've seen re-skins out there that look just fine.
If I see the problem correctly there is texture corruption on the TGA variant, correct? You could probably solve that by changing the texture quality preference from "Quality" to "High Quality" in your graphics card settings (not in-game).

For some reason the KOTOR games have problems displaying some TGA textures properly on some graphics cards unless the above mentioned option is set. Compressed textures work fine, but TGA textures get grained and dithered. Setting the texture preference to "High Quality" made that problem disappear on my computer at least.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2007, 06:53 AM   #4
Kristy Kistic

Looks to me like you saved your texture in a lower resolution than the original was. Make sure your saving at either 24 or 32 bit.

Kristy Kistic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2007, 12:54 PM   #5
athies
Lurker

Yup, the TGA looks fine now after scaling my graphics settings up. Thanks for the help, everyone
athies is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Splotchy Reskins