lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dead Body Wanted: Female Jedi
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
Jasher
Rookie
 
Jasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Dead Body Wanted: Female Jedi

I figured this is a title that'll get some attention

Real quick:
What's the name of the file of the female Jedi's dead body?
(The one who gets killed by an explosion on the Spire at the beginning of Kotor 1...who always drops a vibration cell)
I'm looking to script her blue lightsaber to her carcass.


"Yong ren bu yi, yi ren bu yong." ~Sun Quan
Translation:
"Never be wary of using people, and never use people you're wary of."

Last edited by Jasher; 06-07-2007 at 01:14 PM. Reason: further clarification
Jasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2007, 02:33 PM   #2
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air
 
Master Zionosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: High In The Sky
Posts: 1,280
Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Her file is "n_sithappren002.UTC" and can be found in: Kotor 1 --> RIMs --> Modules --> end_m01aa_s.rim --> Blueprint, Character.

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #3
Jasher
Rookie
 
Jasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by master zionosis
Her file is "n_sithappren002.UTC" and can be found in: Kotor 1 --> RIMs --> Modules --> end_m01aa_s.rim --> Blueprint, Character.
You're awesome. Anytime I need info on dead bodies, I'm coming straight to you. (I noticed you like zombies...you don't happen to work in a morgue, do you?)

And one last thing, when I script this, I do it the same way as if I was going to put an item in the Exile's footlocker in TSL, right?


"Yong ren bu yi, yi ren bu yong." ~Sun Quan
Translation:
"Never be wary of using people, and never use people you're wary of."
Jasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air
 
Master Zionosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: High In The Sky
Posts: 1,280
Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasher
You're awesome. Anytime I need info on dead bodies, I'm coming straight to you. (I noticed you like zombies...you don't happen to work in a morgue, do you?)
Have i shown interest in zombies, lol, no i don't work in a morgue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasher
And one last thing, when I script this, I do it the same way as if I was going to put an item in the Exile's footlocker in TSL, right?
I beleive the scripts are the same yes, just in case here is the script i used to put some items on a dead body:

Code:
void main()
{
                  GetObjectByTag("TAG_OF_BODY");
                  object oItem=CreateItemOnObject( "NAME_OF_ITEM" );
}
Replace "TAG_OF_BODY" with the tag of the body you want to script the item into. And replace "NAME_OF_ITEM" with the name of the .UTI file you want to script into the body's corpse.

Any more help you need just ask

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #5
stoffe
Network Caretaker
 
stoffe's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,833
Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by master zionosis
I beleive the scripts are the same yes, just in case here is the script i used to put some items on a dead body:

Code:
void main()
{
                  GetObjectByTag("TAG_OF_BODY");
                  object oItem=CreateItemOnObject( "NAME_OF_ITEM" );
}
That would only work if you want to place the object on the object running the script, and in that case the first line is unnecessary, since you don't assign the value returned from GetObjectByTag() to anything, and don't use the value as parameter in CreateItemOnObject().

It'll probably work more as intended if you fix that, like:

Code:
void main() {
    CreateItemOnObject("NAME_OF_ITEM", GetObjectByTag("TAG_OF_BODY"));
}
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 01:54 AM   #6
Jasher
Rookie
 
Jasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by master zionosis
Have i shown interest in zombies, lol, no i don't work in a morgue
Yeah, I got my brain eaten by a zombie because I clicked on one of your links...although I won't say which one. You should keep a counter on that site to see how many fools (like myself) get their brains eaten.

And stoffe, thanks again. You're scripts have saved my hide...I don't know how many times.


"Yong ren bu yi, yi ren bu yong." ~Sun Quan
Translation:
"Never be wary of using people, and never use people you're wary of."
Jasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #7
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air
 
Master Zionosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: High In The Sky
Posts: 1,280
Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasher
Yeah, I got my brain eaten by a zombie because I clicked on one of your links...although I won't say which one. You should keep a counter on that site to see how many fools (like myself) get their brains eaten.

And stoffe, thanks again. You're scripts have saved my hide...I don't know how many times.
I do have a counter for that, hehe.

And *snif* my script was almost correct, *snif*

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 01:56 PM   #8
Jasher
Rookie
 
Jasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe

It'll probably work more as intended if you fix that, like:

Code:
void main() {
    CreateItemOnObject("NAME_OF_ITEM", GetObjectByTag("TAG_OF_BODY"));
}
Okay, so for a blue lightsaber on the said dead body, is this the correct script?
Code:
void main() {
    CreateItemOnObject("g_w_lghtsbr01.uti", GetObjectByTag("n_sithappren002.utc"));
}


"Yong ren bu yi, yi ren bu yong." ~Sun Quan
Translation:
"Never be wary of using people, and never use people you're wary of."
Jasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 02:08 PM   #9
tk102
Well past expiration date
 
tk102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,765
Current Game: Watch_Dogs
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Pretty close. Tags don't have file extensions and even resource references do not use file extensions. In fact, scripts never refer to anything with a file extension.

So your code should be:
Code:
void main() {
    CreateItemOnObject("g_w_lghtsbr01", GetObjectByTag("n_sithappren002"));
}
tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #10
stoffe
Network Caretaker
 
stoffe's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,833
Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102
Pretty close. Tags don't have file extensions and even resource references do not use file extensions. In fact, scripts never refer to anything with a file extension.

So your code should be:
Code:
void main() {
    CreateItemOnObject("g_w_lghtsbr01", GetObjectByTag("n_sithappren002"));
}
Though in this case the tag and template names do not match, so you should use "end_jedi01" instead of "n_sithappren002".

Nice catch stoffe. ~tk102

Last edited by tk102; 06-08-2007 at 03:44 PM.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2007, 11:57 AM   #11
Jasher
Rookie
 
Jasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe
Though in this case the tag and template names do not match, so you should use "end_jedi01" instead of "n_sithappren002".

Nice catch stoffe. ~tk102
Like I said, you are amazing.

(There's no "kow-tow" smiley...)

Edit: And I have a silly question...
What do I save this as in my override folder?
(Pretty embarrassing...here I am writing scripts and I don't even know how to save them.) :P


"Yong ren bu yi, yi ren bu yong." ~Sun Quan
Translation:
"Never be wary of using people, and never use people you're wary of."

Last edited by RedHawke; 06-10-2007 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Combining double post... again.
Jasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2007, 03:54 PM   #12
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,899
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasher
I figured this is a title that'll get some attention

Real quick:
What's the name of the file of the female Jedi's dead body?
(The one who gets killed by an explosion on the Spire at the beginning of Kotor 1...who always drops a vibration cell)
I'm looking to script her blue lightsaber to her carcass.
You don't have to script it in. It's a safe UTC file to edit. The n_sithappren002.utc file as mentioned earlier is the one to edit. In fact, all you have to do is abstract it from the KOTOR Tool and just put it in your override folder and the blue lightsaber will drop as you want it to. You don't even have to do anything to the UTC file. Give it a try and let me know.


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #13
Jasher
Rookie
 
Jasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
You don't have to script it in. It's a safe UTC file to edit. The n_sithappren002.utc file as mentioned earlier is the one to edit. In fact, all you have to do is abstract it from the KOTOR Tool and just put it in your override folder and the blue lightsaber will drop as you want it to. You don't even have to do anything to the UTC file. Give it a try and let me know.
I did just as you said, and it didn't work. Are you sure I don't have to edit the file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe
Though in this case the tag and template names do not match, so you should use "end_jedi01" instead of "n_sithappren002".
What do I save this script as?


"Yong ren bu yi, yi ren bu yong." ~Sun Quan
Translation:
"Never be wary of using people, and never use people you're wary of."

Last edited by stoffe; 06-11-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Jasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2007, 02:11 PM   #14
Darth Kalverys
Dark Lord
 
Darth Kalverys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dromund Kaas
Posts: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasher
I did just as you said, and it didn't work. Are you sure I don't have to edit the file?

That should have worked... I've done that thousands of times... worked every time... I know this may sound stupid... but did you put it in the override and did you make sure that you put a lightsaber on her corpse
Darth Kalverys is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #15
stoffe
Network Caretaker
 
stoffe's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,833
Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasher
What do I save this script as?
Any valid resource name (16 characters max, alphanumerical characters only) that isn't already used. Compile it and put the NCS file either in the override folder or in the Endar Spire module. Then you need to run the script from somewhere. Dialog files are probably the easiest way: You could make the dialog where Trask tells you to stay back and let the Jedi handle the Dark Jedi run the script, for example.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2007, 03:27 PM   #16
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,899
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasher
I did just as you said, and it didn't work. Are you sure I don't have to edit the file?
Start a new game. If you're working on a save and make that change, it won't take effect. You need to have a clean game. That shouldn't be too hard since you're at the beginning.


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2007, 02:05 AM   #17
Jasher
Rookie
 
Jasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rueben Shan
That should have worked... I've done that thousands of times... worked every time... I know this may sound stupid... but did you put it in the override and did you make sure that you put a lightsaber on her corpse
No, I'm not a retard and yes I put it in my override.
But no, I didn't put a lightsaber on her corpse. That's what I'm trying to figure out how to do. How do I do just that? Script it in? Edit the uti?


"Yong ren bu yi, yi ren bu yong." ~Sun Quan
Translation:
"Never be wary of using people, and never use people you're wary of."
Jasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2007, 06:44 AM   #18
lactose_
Rookie
 
lactose_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 159
^^^^^

You have to edit the n_sithappren002.utc file.
1. Use KoTOR Tool to open it, then click on the Inventory button.
2. A new window will open. Look under "Lightsabers" on the left, and select the fourth one down.
3. Drag and drop it onto the "Pack Inventory" mini-window.
4. Check and see that the ResRef is "g_w_lghtsbr01", which is the blue one.
5. Make sure that the "Dropable" field is checked.
6. Save the file in Override.
7. Start a new game!

lactose_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2007, 02:21 AM   #19
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
You don't have to script it in. It's a safe UTC file to edit. The n_sithappren002.utc file as mentioned earlier is the one to edit. In fact, all you have to do is abstract it from the KOTOR Tool and just put it in your override folder and the blue lightsaber will drop as you want it to. You don't even have to do anything to the UTC file. Give it a try and let me know.
Danger Will Robinson! Danger! Danger!

That n_sithappren002.utc file if placed in override will break several cutscenes on the Star Forge... Be warned!

You will have to either script it in, or add it somewhere else.


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2007, 02:03 AM   #20
Jasher
Rookie
 
Jasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
Danger Will Robinson! Danger! Danger!

That n_sithappren002.utc file if placed in override will break several cutscenes on the Star Forge... Be warned!

You will have to either script it in, or add it somewhere else.
*Ahem*...I guess that settles it. I'll be scripting it in to that dialogue as stoffe recommended. Thanks for the warning!!


"Yong ren bu yi, yi ren bu yong." ~Sun Quan
Translation:
"Never be wary of using people, and never use people you're wary of."
Jasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2007, 02:22 AM   #21
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,899
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
Danger Will Robinson! Danger! Danger!

That n_sithappren002.utc file if placed in override will break several cutscenes on the Star Forge... Be warned!

You will have to either script it in, or add it somewhere else.
Actually it's the n_sithappren001 that breaks scenes on the Star Forge. The 002 one is safe. I would know because I use it in my override and the Star Forge is fine. One thing I do is a search with the KOTOR Tool on any UTC files before I modify it and put it in my override to make sure they're aren't any duplicates used on other modules.


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2007, 03:26 AM   #22
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
Actually it's the n_sithappren001 that breaks scenes on the Star Forge. The 002 one is safe. I would know because I use it in my override and the Star Forge is fine. One thing I do is a search with the KOTOR Tool on any UTC files before I modify it and put it in my override to make sure they're aren't any duplicates used on other modules.
Sorry Shem, but just an FYI I had a issue with the n_sithappren002 file as well as the n_sithappren001 in the past, it appears safe for some but not all. Perhaps differing releases of the game or international versions. I don't know for sure but that file is not as safe as you might think.

Either way I only know what was reported to me and what solved the issue for those affected, I have the 'safe' version it seems.


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2007, 04:14 PM   #23
Jasher
Rookie
 
Jasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Okay...I tried scripting it in to the dialog (end_cut04.dlg), but I'm not sure where exactly to do so (I'm an idiot, I know).
In the dialog editor, do I put the script:
1. under the tab Node Scripts>>script to run for this node, or...
2. under the tab This File (1)>>End Conv Normal Script.
Or neither?
AND...can I script to an [OWNER]=[CONTINUE]?
Help is much appreciated.


"Yong ren bu yi, yi ren bu yong." ~Sun Quan
Translation:
"Never be wary of using people, and never use people you're wary of."
Jasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Dead Body Wanted: Female Jedi

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.