lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Is it possible to remove items from the game?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-22-2007, 06:45 PM   #1
rocky348
Rookie
 
rocky348's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 53
split from ".BIF creation" thread ~tk102
what if you want to remove items from the game?

ciao for now


"FEAR LEADS TO ANGER...ANGER LEADS TO STRESS...STRESS LEADS TO DOOBIES... AND DOOBIES LEAD TO TWINKIES. "Yoda on Weed"
My KotOR and TSL Mods

Last edited by tk102; 06-22-2007 at 09:03 PM.
rocky348 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #2
GeorgNihilus
Forumite
 
GeorgNihilus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Outer Rim
Posts: 590
Current Game: Skyrim
Cool Guy ?

Items can be removed -or changed for others- from PC's and NPC's, containers and dead bodies i.e; is that what u want?
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2007, 12:24 PM   #3
SithRevan
Veteran
 
SithRevan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Delta Halo
Posts: 847
Helpful! 
There are tools out there like that, that can edit a .bif file directly taking out and putting in items, characters, ect., but why would you want to do that? If you did not want an item to be in the game all that you have to do is simpley remove it from the NPC or container where you encounter it.


I have defied gods and demons.
I am your shield, I am your sword.
I know you; your past, your future.
This is the way the world ends...
-----------------------------------------
TAC-F v2.0 | Ubese Assassin's Armor | TSL: Warp Console v1.0 | Auto K1 DS Transitioning | Deralia Spaceport[TSL&K1] | Kotor2Files.com Co.Manager | K1RP: Kotor I Restoration Project
SithRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2007, 06:39 AM   #4
Mindtwistah
Junior Member
 
Mindtwistah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Derka Derka
Posts: 470
Maybe he wants to remove all lightsabers in the game so it will be harder.


Mindtwistah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2007, 10:37 AM   #5
rocky348
Rookie
 
rocky348's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SithRevan
There are tools out there like that, that can edit a .bif file directly taking out and putting in items, characters, ect., but why would you want to do that? If you did not want an item to be in the game all that you have to do is simpley remove it from the NPC or container where you encounter it.
the mod i am working on is a new way to get the lightsaber, and because it has nothing to do with baodur, i want to take out the parts for the lightsaber quest, so it doesnt show up in the journal. Right now what i have come up with is making the parts something else and then modifing two of the earliest trigers for it to call for all three of them, and then as a second script removing the journal entry. But if i can edit the bif file i would prefure to do that.

ciao for now


"FEAR LEADS TO ANGER...ANGER LEADS TO STRESS...STRESS LEADS TO DOOBIES... AND DOOBIES LEAD TO TWINKIES. "Yoda on Weed"
My KotOR and TSL Mods
rocky348 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #6
stoffe
Network Caretaker
 
stoffe's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,833
Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky348
the mod i am working on is a new way to get the lightsaber, and because it has nothing to do with baodur, i want to take out the parts for the lightsaber quest, so it doesnt show up in the journal. Right now what i have come up with is making the parts something else and then modifing two of the earliest trigers for it to call for all three of them, and then as a second script removing the journal entry. But if i can edit the bif file i would prefure to do that.
Modifying the data file to prevent the quest from being triggered would be the preferred route if you want to deactivate a quest in the standard game. Modifying the KEY/BIF data is a sure way to make your mod extremely incompatible with all others since any files the player has in their override folder will override any changes you have made to the BIFF files, and most mod installers will assume the data in the BIFF data files is untampered with and not look at it for changes to make new mods installed compatible with.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2007, 05:53 PM   #7
tk102
Well past expiration date
 
tk102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,766
Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
If you really want a BIF editor there is one here at NWVault that Stormsinger says works just fine with KotOR. stoffe's advice on this should be given careful consideration first.
tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #8
rocky348
Rookie
 
rocky348's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe
Modifying the data file to prevent the quest from being triggered would be the preferred route if you want to deactivate a quest in the standard game. Modifying the KEY/BIF data is a sure way to make your mod extremely incompatible with all others since any files the player has in their override folder will override any changes you have made to the BIFF files, and most mod installers will assume the data in the BIFF data files is untampered with and not look at it for changes to make new mods installed compatible with.
Good point, thanks for the help. Consider this forum closed now everyone!

Ciao


"FEAR LEADS TO ANGER...ANGER LEADS TO STRESS...STRESS LEADS TO DOOBIES... AND DOOBIES LEAD TO TWINKIES. "Yoda on Weed"
My KotOR and TSL Mods
rocky348 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Is it possible to remove items from the game?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.