lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: anyone beaten the last fight on the star forge without a lightsaber
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-21-2006, 03:59 AM   #1
Canderous_ordo1
Rookie

anyone beaten the last fight on the star forge without a lightsaber

hi there all
i was wondering has anyone ever beaten malak with only melee wepons and if its even possible
this is a few things im going to try get my person very strong like strength 34 modifer 4 useing echani wepons and with out the use of any force powers

IM HERE IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT

A TRUE WARRIOR IS ONE THAT CAN BEAT IT DOWN EVERY TIME IT RAISES ITS HEAD
Canderous_ordo1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #2
Obi-Wan Baloney
Rookie

I'm doing that this game I'm going as Yusanis Echani in some Echani armor and Yusanis' Brand.I'll let you know how it goes. It will be a while since I don't play it very often anymore because of time.

So far I'm doing great without a lightsaber, my companions use lightsabers and I'm on my last Star Map on Korriban. I'm using Echani Fiber armor and Yusanis' Brand.Both are upgraded. I am a Jedi Guardian with a strentgh of about 23. With
Destroy Droid and Force Wave as my main Force weopons.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a
good blaster at your side, kid."

Han Solo
Rebel Smuggler

Last edited by Obi-Wan Baloney; 12-26-2006 at 07:16 PM.
Obi-Wan Baloney is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
Obi-Wan Baloney
Rookie

I completed that game last week, so yes I beat it without a lightsaber.Force powers usually don't work on Malak, I got one casting of Force Wave on him at that was it.Grenades work really well though.When, he runs off to one of the captive Jedi,after he uses one up, throw thermal detonaters, they work really well.Especially if you face him the full nine times.

Han Solo
Rebel Smuggler
Old 01-27-2007, 08:12 PM   #4
Kas'!m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderous_ordo1
hi there all
i was wondering has anyone ever beaten malak with only melee wepons and if its even possible
this is a few things im going to try get my person very strong like strength 34 modifer 4 useing echani wepons and with out the use of any force powers
i pretty much used Naga Sadow's sword.
Kas'!m is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2007, 09:36 PM   #5
Grey Master
Firecracker

Not really, I used Vibroswords once, but I didn't like it, so no, never done it without my trusty saver at my hands.
Grey Master is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2007, 05:07 AM   #6
TSR
Hoist the colours!

Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
I've always wanted to make an elite pistoleer or something, and kill Malak like tha, but never got around to it... anyone beaten me to it?

British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #7
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
Bacca's sword is just as deadly as any saber.

I'm sure there are still pieces of Malak's cranium stained on mine.

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2007, 02:07 PM   #8
StFrodric
Rookie

I beat Malak once with pistols and grenades. Sniper feats were absolutely critical to pulling it off.
StFrodric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2007, 09:03 PM   #9
SolarEclipise
Rookie

It's possible yes.Its extremely hard though,as You cannot deflect Blaster Bolts which could make the Entire Game difficult.If You are planning on doing it though,use the Best Melee Weapons and Armor you have.You might try Calo Nords Armor,or Mandalorian Assault Armor.Echani Foil + Naga Sadows Poison Blade are effective.Bacca's Ceremonial Blade is also a Wise choice.
SolarEclipise is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2007, 09:42 PM   #10
Obi-Wan Baloney
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarEclipise
It's possible yes.Its extremely hard though,as You cannot deflect Blaster Bolts which could make the Entire Game difficult.If You are planning on doing it though,use the Best Melee Weapons and Armor you have.You might try Calo Nords Armor,or Mandalorian Assault Armor.Echani Foil + Naga Sadows Poison Blade are effective.Bacca's Ceremonial Blade is also a Wise choice.
If you would read my post it looks like I didn't take your advice at all. It felt very
rewarding completing the game, and the only serious hard part was the battle with Malak and the Deck 2 and the Command Center of the Star Forge.

So, Canderous, how's your game going?

Han Solo
Rebel Smuggler
Old 04-03-2007, 01:03 PM   #11
darth fmc
Banned

iv donit with the blade of Ajunta Pall took me agis
darth fmc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2007, 12:52 PM   #12
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
I used the GenoHaradan Poison blade+a short lightsaber. One thing I found useful was the electrical capacitor belt which makes you immune to anything electrical. Which means you are immune to Malaks force lightning, which he does preety frequently on me. I used the star forge robes I found along with all the GenoHaradan crap., such as the gloves and visor.

Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2007, 02:03 PM   #13
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderous_ordo1
hi there all
I used only a single short sword once, it took me what felt like a year to do it, but I did it I used my collection of medpacks a LOT in that. It takes long, but it's do-able. Remember to equip some really strong armor though. And use stims to boost your strength (adrenal strength) and speed (adrenal alacrity). Force powers like death field on Malak (and the jedi as well if you're dark) are very useful too. You can also heal up to full if you use destroy droid on the trapped Jedi.

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2007, 02:27 PM   #14
JoeDoe 2.0
n - 1

I used mines combined with Force Speed to set them up quickly; Malak never saw them coming, and I used the code to turn him into a dancer, LOL

JoeDoe 2.0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2007, 03:00 PM   #15
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
Yeah, the dancer trick had me LMAO the first time I used it .

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #16
Obi-Wan Baloney
Rookie

I'm going through this time as a Han Solo character using normal clothing and and a Mandalorian Heavy Blaster and Cassus Fett's Heavy Pistol. Only using the lightsaber on very difficult parts. I think I've used it in five battles so far. I'm at the end of Manaan and my last Star Map.

Han Solo
Rebel Smuggler
Old 06-27-2007, 01:04 PM   #17
Agent Xim
Rookie

While testing the game without becoming a Jedi (still testing a mod I've been working on) I've defeated Malak with all sorts of non-lightsaber weapons. Bringing him down with blasters takes a while though lol.

WIP | Korriban Crystal Cave V1.1 | Operation Kill Bastila | SpyNet Agent Gear
Improved Genoharadan Gear | Jawa Ion rifle | Reinforced Jedi Robes
Download my mods HERE
"We are shadow, darkness and night. We are less than a whisper or a thought." Hulas
Agent Xim is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2007, 02:51 PM   #18
Mindtwistah

I never use my lightsaber there. I use storm lighting and always run away. Malak is a guardian, I am a consular.

Mindtwistah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2007, 02:54 PM   #19
MetalMark

Yesterday I finally defeated Malak unarmed. It felt like the battle was taking forever. And I used alot of adrenals and medpacks. I only used my fists so no force, grenades or weapons, but I did use armor. It is hard but it is possible. Now too try unarmed and without armor.
MetalMark is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2007, 01:39 PM   #20
JustinSane
Lurker

I nearly always play as a light side consular that ends up with a DC on force powers of 43 or 49 with master valor. Malak's saving fortitude throw is 38, so this build hits 55% of the time with force powers (or 85% of the time if you use affliction on Malak). Kill is absolutely lethal once your DC gets that high, against any enemy in the game. Particularly useful on bosses, Terentaks, and Rancors. It's as easy as any way I've found of dealing with Malak. Force wave and improved energy resistance mean you can go through the entire star forge and take very little damage (though jedi defense is handy, so having the light saber is useful even if it's only used as passive defense).
JustinSane is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2007, 05:44 PM   #21
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Remember, if you give yourself Force Breach, you can keep Malak from reenergizing by blowing out the jedi power stations. Be prepared to do a lot of running around as well. Just retried final scene by using a # of adrenals (Echani/Battle) and meds (advanced) along with Yusanis and Verpine shields. Was using a soldier/consular mix. Wore the Circlet of Saresh/Qel Droma robe/Karakan gauntlet/Electrocapcitance belt/and a 3rd level implant. Also used a LS and the genohardan poison blade (both upgraded, of course). Also, had heal skill well into 2x digits. Took him down like the biatch he is. Of course the dance code is always easiest way to go....(yeah, I almost lmao the first time I used it too).

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2007, 05:41 AM   #22
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

If you are LS then use the useless droid power to trash the jedi fishtanks. If you are DS you can drain them for health. Basically drain them up first so Mr. Jaw cannot use them (except for the first one which ie would do anyways).

For quuipment. Damage Reduction against lightning is needed, especially when you run away for healing. Use the shields, its your last fight, mind as well use them all.

I would also suggest running around planting a few mies and what not(but that might be kotor2)
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2007, 03:32 PM   #23
Obi-Wan Baloney
Rookie

Ok, I beat my Han Solo game yesterday. It was very fun and challenging.Darth Malak actually gave me some trouble this time. It took me three times tries to beat him.

Han Solo
Rebel Smuggler
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > anyone beaten the last fight on the star forge without a lightsaber