lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Dungeon Maker game...uh, what's it is called?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-07-2007, 08:08 PM   #1
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Dungeon Maker game...uh, what's it is called?

I remember there was a game out there with a similar name to Dungeon Seige (well, it just had the Dungeon), except instead of you seiging the dungeon [since, in Dungeon seige, your main goal is to destory dungeons, right?], you are the one that run it. You are the one that control the dungeon, hiring bosses and grunts to protect the dungeon from those evil heroes.

Anyone know the name of that game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #2
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
It was called Dungeon Keeper and IMHO it owns even some of the modern RTS games.

I miss using my spectral green hand that I used to smack my minions around with or drop a bunch of my faithful creatures in front of the path of the evil heroes.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2007, 05:59 PM   #3
Aash Li
Speak nerdy to me! ;P

Current Game: LotRO, EQ2 & RoM
Hot Topic Starter 
Actually, I think Overlord would be more fun, its for PC and xbox 360.

http://www.codemasters.com/overlord/...ory=EnglishUSA
Aash Li is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2007, 09:21 PM   #4
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aash Li
Actually, I think Overlord would be more fun, its for PC and xbox 360.
No new game could ever top Dungeon Keeper...

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2007, 10:26 PM   #5
Aash Li
Speak nerdy to me! ;P

Current Game: LotRO, EQ2 & RoM
Hot Topic Starter 
haha I wonder if I could find Keeper 2 somewhere... I saw it once long long time ago but never got it.
Aash Li is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2007, 02:10 AM   #6
Janan Pacha
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aash Li
haha I wonder if I could find Keeper 2 somewhere... I saw it once long long time ago but never got it.
Dungeon Keeper 2 hardly lives up to the first. And Overlord doesn't even come close. Your evil avatar runs around doing favors for the goody goodies instead of ruling over them and telling them, "No, I won't save you "blah blah blah" from "blah blah blah" instead you will serve me as a slave and bring me gold!" Nope. None of that. And no dungeon keeper-ish torturing of heroes that try to stop you either (In dungeon keeper you could torture enemy heroes for information, or even convert them to your side!).

Nothing like that.

An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all.” - Oscar Wilde
Janan Pacha is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-03-2007, 03:09 AM   #7
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Evil Genius does seem to play very well to Dunegon Keeper though. It's like you are running your own secret underground lair (hm...sounds familar), with interrogation chambers and an avatar that gets to order building stuff in exactly the same way as Dungeon Keeper. If you want a DK Clone, I'd suggest Evil Genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Dungeon Maker game...uh, what's it is called?