lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Two Questions
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #1
Lvondas
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3
Two Questions

Hi . I'm new to these Forums although I think I have browsed them before. Anyway I'm new to the KOTOR modding thing and I have had a little look around the forums but I need these 2 questions fully answered.

1. Is Level editing possible? (like with the Jedi Knight and Battlefront series)

I want to know if one could map his own dungeon and the enemy locations in the dungeon etc yet.

2. Can all 3d models in the game be edited with 3dstudio Max or Blender (some program like that)?

I want to know if I could replace certain character models with edited or homemade models (3D Ripper DX might come in handy here?)

OFF-TOPIC - Any Good Video Tutorials Around?

One more thing. Has anyone added any new combat animations to the game yet? I am sick of seeing the same sword/lightsaber animations.

Last edited by RedHawke; 08-06-2007 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Combining double post...
Lvondas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2007, 11:06 AM   #2
jamezy91
Rookie
 
jamezy91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: US
Posts: 39
Helpful! 
okay

1. Level editing to this date is not realy possible cause of the lightmap issue (wich as reported will leave the entire map black). here they are trying to get around it. But the modeling and stuff can already be done by creating something in 3dsmax or gmax then exporting it with NWMax. There are modeling tutorials around here you can follow for that. But it will be usless untill something is done about the Lightmaps.

2. Yes. You will need Kotor Tool, Mdlops, and 3dsMax (or Gmax). Heres a Tutorial for modeling a Lightsaber.

3.[edit] I guess i didnt do my research good enough .


My Work's in Progress | [WIP] Revan's Playable Visions
My Tutorials | [Tutorial] Adding custom music to KOTOR My Apps | [Application] KotOR Scripting Tool

Last edited by jamezy91; 08-06-2007 at 11:53 AM.
jamezy91 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2007, 11:37 AM   #3
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvondas
Hi . I'm new to these Forums although I think I have browsed them before. Anyway I'm new to the KOTOR modding thing and I have had a little look around the forums but I need these 2 questions fully answered.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvondas
1. Is Level editing possible? (like with the Jedi Knight and Battlefront series)

I want to know if one could map his own dungeon and the enemy locations in the dungeon etc yet.
No, not yet. All we currently are capable of is re-useing pre-existing game modules. With new textures the re-used modules can look quite different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvondas
2. Can all 3d models in the game be edited with 3dstudio Max or Blender (some program like that)?

I want to know if I could replace certain character models with edited or homemade models (3D Ripper DX might come in handy here?)
Again, no. What we are capable of is creating custom lightsaber, blasters, etc in 3DSMax or GMax. Our abilities to edit the games body and head models are extremely limited at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvondas
One more thing. Has anyone added any new combat animations to the game yet? I am sick of seeing the same sword/lightsaber animations.
No, the games animations are not fully cracked. Not even near the ability to add new ones.


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2007, 06:15 PM   #4
Lvondas
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3
Thanks for the info. I look forward to spending some good time on the site. I hope level, animation and character model editing will be available at some point. Is anyone working on some new tools for this?
Lvondas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Two Questions

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.