I had a similar problem when I created a custom lightsaber using Vader's hilt. By default it was created with a red saber in mind, but I changed it to green. I changed all that I was supposed to and it worked out ok until I equipped any of my party members with a red lightsaber as well as when I encountered Dark Jedis/Malak.. It would give them my green bladed Vader lightsaber.
I opened up the mdl with the XVI32 Hex Editor and I noticed that there were still entries for the default red saber (w_Lghtsbr_002, I believe it was). I replaced all the entries of 002 with 031 (the name of my custom saber) and it now it works as it should. Note that this was after using mdlops.
I say this because I'm noticing that in ChAiNz' mod the blue longsaber (060) has entires of 006 in the mdl file. 006, I believe, is Malak's saber. So, try changing the 006 entries to 060.
BACK UP YOUR FILES JUST IN CASE YOU ENCOUNTER A PROBLEM!
Hopefully all that makes sense and you get it sorted out. I know that my grammar goes out the window when I'm trying to explain something... forgive me
I went ahead and tried to see if my fix would correct your problem and it did. So, follow these instructions and Malak should have his correct lightsaber.
Download XVI32 - http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delph...vi32/xvi32.htm
Open XVI32 and then open the w_lghtsbr_060.mdl
Go to Search > Replace. It should bring up a menu.
In the "Find" box enter 006
In the "Replace With" box enter 060
Click the "Replace All" button. There should be 8 occurrences
Save the file to your Override folder.
Repeat for 061, 062, 063, etc.
If you'd like, I can email you the corrected mdl files for each of the longsabers if you can't figure out how to do it. Just PM me your email address.