lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: itemcreate.2da problem
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-12-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
itemcreate.2da problem

I just created a few new rows in itemcreate.2da; For some reason, the new items aren't showing up to be created at the workbench.

I can't figure out what's wrong. Here's one of the rows I created if it helps:
Code:
label=pdxn_manda04
skill=1
group=0
level=0
align=0
base_skill=3
dunno=0
overridetag=****
Could it be that I have to start a new game for it to take effect? Thanks in advance.

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #2
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Is Mira in your party? As I recall once you "recruit" Mira the game stops using itemcreate.2da and starts using itemcreatemira.2da, it adds her rockets and such to the menu. That may be a reason it doesn't work. Also to answer your other question, unless your mod is activated by some scripted event that happens at a specific point in the game, you should never have to start a new game to have a mod "take effect".

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2007, 08:24 PM   #3
Ferc Kast
Modder

Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Mira isn't in my party & I did edit itemcreatemira.2da while I was editing itemcreate.2da

EDIT: I think I see my problem; I had my items set as heavy armors but their upgradelevel was set as armored robes. I guess that one small detail can make all the difference.
EDIT II: Oops. My problem was the plot; I set to it to a number other than 0. After setting it to 0, my problem was fixed.

Last edited by Darth Balatro; 08-13-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > itemcreate.2da problem